Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141054 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
2866 words for now, and plan on getting to 3k for the day! Plus...
I have FINALLY reached that line! That pretty "You should be at this point" line!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #586 on: November 25, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
2866 words for now, and plan on getting to 3k for the day! Plus...
I have FINALLY reached that line! That pretty "You should be at this point" line!

Yes! :D

*stares sadly at own line*

But anyway, you're reaching the end word-count-wise. I'm curious; how are you doing story- or plot-wise?

Nimphy

« Reply #587 on: November 26, 2014, 12:49:20 AM »
Yes! :D

*stares sadly at own line*

But anyway, you're reaching the end word-count-wise. I'm curious; how are you doing story- or plot-wise?

I have a plot, and I'm writing the parts that I skipped in the beginning. Sure, it's not a great plot, but it's a starting point  8)

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that you probably meant to ask if the 50k was enough for my plot. I don't know. There's quite a lot missing, a lot that I do not think can be actually fitted in 50k words, but this was never meant to be a short novel, and 50k is indeed slightly more than a novella. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:09:00 AM by Nimphy »

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #588 on: November 26, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
It's supposed to get easier in the last week, isn't it?  ??? Well, I'm not feeling that effect. I'm still below that line and I'm sadly running out of ideas. I still have a bit of plot to write, but that won't be enough for another 10.000 words...  :-\
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #589 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »
It's supposed to get easier in the last week, isn't it?  ??? Well, I'm not feeling that effect. I'm still below that line and I'm sadly running out of ideas. I still have a bit of plot to write, but that won't be enough for another 10.000 words...  :-\

I still have too much plot to write. I've even written multiple versions of a few scenes and have begun jumping around everywhere. I'm not even sure what order it should go in anymore.

Nimphy

« Reply #590 on: November 26, 2014, 04:16:27 PM »
Today was both great and sad. Great because I wrote 2970 words, and reached tomorrow's goal, too - 45.000 for me! (I'm going to add in those last 30 words to make it another 3000 day). Sad because it was the last write-in, and NaNo was over so soon. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing Camp NaNo during April, so I can cheer up.

Fen Shen, the last week is not necessarily easier. Week three is what a guy over at the YWP (which I sometimes check for fun) calls the Swamp of Despair, and I personally can say that week 4 is not the Swamp of Despair, but it is not easy either. It's more like "Dang, so little time to write! I have to write more!" At this point I'm trying to fit anything into those 5000 words that I have left. And your novel may very well be complete before the 50k, that's even better! The goal is to have a novel, not a long novel!
Also, may I suggest you to join us over at @NaNoWordSprints on Twitter? I find it incredibly productive for the word count. A couple of hours sprinting give me about 3k a day.

Hedge14

• Tähtikavaltaja
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
I did it! Yaaay!

I got 50,298 words together and my story is not finished. And never will be. My plot is horrible, characters boring and the writing in general uninspirational. I'm just not good at writing long texts. :( I will not probably take part in NaNoWrimo next year. This time was just so...stressful. It was like second job that took time from things I wanted to really do.

Nevertheless I am glad I succeed. It would been even worse if I gave up. If anything it was good practice for writing other things. I have always been bad at writing dialogue and I felt that it went lot better than normally. :)

Shout out to other winners and to those who still continue writing!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »
I did it! Yaaay!

I got 50,298 words together and my story is not finished. And never will be. My plot is horrible, characters boring and the writing in general uninspirational. I'm just not good at writing long texts. :( I will not probably take part in NaNoWrimo next year. This time was just so...stressful. It was like second job that took time from things I wanted to really do.

Nevertheless I am glad I succeed. It would been even worse if I gave up. If anything it was good practice for writing other things. I have always been bad at writing dialogue and I felt that it went lot better than normally. :)

congrats from one who gave up :) For next year I will start preparations one week earlier so Nano will fit into my working schedule.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #593 on: November 28, 2014, 04:08:21 PM »
I did it! Yaaay!

Yay! And the main thing is: you wrote 50,000 words, which is amazing in itself. Congrats again!

Nimphy

« Reply #594 on: November 28, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I did it! Yaaay!

*eye twitch*

So you were writing too, and you didn't partake in the fun?! And let me think I was actually good at this?

Oh, right. I'm just 1400 words away from victory! I wish I could write them today, but I have a physics test tomorrow. Dammit!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #595 on: November 28, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »
*eye twitch*

So you were writing too, and you didn't partake in the fun?! And let me think I was actually good at this?

Oh, right. I'm just 1400 words away from victory! I wish I could write them today, but I have a physics test tomorrow. Dammit!

On a Saturday???
Wish ya good luck. Maybe one of your characters should break into a frantic rant about physics thowing formulas around wildly. Ar being nerdy and describing human movements by usage of ´physical formula. It does not matter if you are talking about electricity at the moment ;).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #596 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
*eye twitch*

At least it's the best kind of test! :D
Physics and calculus were pretty much all I enjoyed in high school.
Feel free to PM.

Nimphy

« Reply #597 on: November 28, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
At least it's the best kind of test! :D
Physics and calculus were pretty much all I enjoyed in high school.

Physics and maths (and technical drawing, stupid annoying technical drawing) are pretty much all I hate in high school, Eich. I've been forced by major forces to do a scientific lyceum, because I would have gone for languages or social studies. But hey, on the plus side, I get to take IT! I love it! Love drawing circuits and learning binary calculus, love actually doing useful stuff with mathematics, and love the fact that despite it being complicated, I can get it and understand everything (at this level anyway), unlike maths or physics, where the only answer I get is always "You'll learn why on your third/fourth/fifth year. Eek, sorry, kinda needed to ramble about that.

Nimphy

« Reply #598 on: November 28, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
Important emergency post.

Holy. Troll. The NaNo word counter has reached 50k. It's turned a pretty purple. It's got the word winner on it. I wrote 50k words. I have novel with a plot. The NaNo crew is apparently cheering for me, together with the dinosaur plushie in a cute video. I'm just staring at the screen, laughing every once in a while with an incredulous expression. I won this thing? I won NaNo!! I wrote a novel! Which still needs a few more thousand words, but I wrote a novel!!! There are not enough exlamation points in the universe for this. Forget about Physics! I could get a 2 and still be happy! I won NaNoWriMo!!

(Everyone hurry up! I believe in you! A few word sprints and you'll get there!)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:30:13 PM by Nimphy »

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #599 on: November 28, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
Congratulations, Nimphy!! And to Hedge14, too! I'm really tired by now, I still don't know how I will postpone the ending for some 6975 words further, but I WILL do it somehow. I want to have that purple bar and if I'm good at anything, it's being stubborn  ::)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat: