Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842107 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2295 on: June 14, 2015, 10:05:05 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but is that me? (Tilts head)
Nnnnh it's supposed to be but I didn't have a reference so it's really awful and I'm sososo sorry.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2296 on: June 14, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »
Nnnnh it's supposed to be but I didn't have a reference so it's really awful and I'm sososo sorry.
It's great! It's really cute. (I'd probably end up taking Blorptroll away from Haiz at some point and begin caring for it myself.)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2297 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
It's great! It's really cute. (I'd probably end up taking Blorptroll away from Haiz at some point and begin caring for it myself.)

Lol and then I'd see it un-attended one day and be all 'wait I brought this back for Haiz what's it doing here' and totally try to return it to hir xD

And the cycle begins again

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2298 on: June 14, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »
Meanwhile, migraines for the night scout. Or whatever effects having a troll around would have on someone with some magical sensitivity but not enough for mage status. (i just went with migraines since i used to get them and lack of sleep can trigger them for me).
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2299 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »
Lol and then I'd see it un-attended one day and be all 'wait I brought this back for Haiz what's it doing here' and totally try to return it to hir xD

And the cycle begins again

Eventually I'd probably end up carrying it around. Until I found a good place to hide/corral it.

Meanwhile, migraines for the night scout. Or whatever effects having a troll around would have on someone with some magical sensitivity but not enough for mage status. (i just went with migraines since i used to get them and lack of sleep can trigger them for me).
Considering the Blorptroll screams, I doubt anybody would want it close. I'd end up keeping it out of sleeping places, or attempt to use it as a pillow to keep it quite.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2300 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:06 AM »
Quick preview of gwenno's colorized photo. I decided to start over from the ground up because the way it was looking was destroying my calm, so rather than salvage a disaster (in my eyes) I removed all the original layers and started over.

Much better than how it was looking, though I don't have an example of what it previously looked like.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2301 on: June 15, 2015, 03:24:45 AM »

That is perfect. I can totally relate to the hair thing, too (cue near-strangers asking to touch my hair).

Haha, can totally relate to this xD The feeling when you're sitting in class and feel someone behind you pull your hair to see if it springs back up (it does)

BAH I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR ART RIGHT NOW BUT APPARENTLY I HAVE NO SENSE OF PRIORITIES EITHER SO HEY. WIP for now though because I REALLY don't have time for this in fact why am I even doing this to myself why.

Oh~ this looks really cool (so mysterious) :D

All of these wonderful inserts compelled me to make my own, even if I don't have time...Also, excuse the lamely drawn cat.

Such a neat style :D I love how you drew the cat!

And a high-high-high-quality comic, that probably explains why Bosse prefers to hide. And why Marja will fired again.

Haha, panels 2 and 3 just crack me up 8,D

Lis always wanted to wear a pretty dress, but never found the means to make herself one (if you look into her sketchbook you'll find lots of drawings of herself in gorgeous Elie Saab'esque gowns). You know, cloth was meant to be used in useful and important things, not wasted in stupid dresses.
Any appeal she could've seen in an uniform vanished the first day she tried hers... boring and ill-fitting (she thought "Maaaaan, this sh*t is f*ckin' ugly, I look like a freakin' killer whale!"). Anyway, years away from that day, she recognizes her mechanic's uniform to be pretty comfortable and even some days she finds it lovely.
I like her mechanic's uniform! :)
This makes me wonder whether they'd have some kind of formal dress party after coming back from a successful mission!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2302 on: June 15, 2015, 04:22:44 AM »
Oh, gosh! There was quite an influx of new self-inserts these past few days. Hello to you all! :D

Here's my falconer gal in one of her rare bouts of melancholy. Understandable though, since she's homesick and about to head out on a long expedition.

Also, I think I have a nickname for her now! Ari, which means, eagle (I think. Is the Nordic Names wiki a reliable source?). When she's around strangers she doesn't feel comfortable using the "foreign" one her parents gave her. But more on that later! There's a lot that I want to share about Ari, but I want it to happen through interactions with other characters rather than just telling it outright.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2303 on: June 15, 2015, 04:46:48 AM »
Oh, gosh! There was quite an influx of new self-inserts these past few days. Hello to you all! :D

Here's my falconer gal in one of her rare bouts of melancholy. Understandable though, since she's homesick and about to head out on a long expedition.

Also, I think I have a nickname for her now! Ari, which means, eagle (I think. Is the Nordic Names wiki a reliable source?). When she's around strangers she doesn't feel comfortable using the "foreign" one her parents gave her. But more on that later! There's a lot that I want to share about Ari, but I want it to happen through interactions with other characters rather than just telling it outright.
Aw, poor little thing ;n; The picture is lovely!

As for the Nordic names wiki: I took a quick look at the Swedish names and there's a lot that I've never seen before and that don't sound remotely Swedish. I clicked at a random one and apparently there's 7 people in Sweden with that name, so I presume it lists all/most of the names registered in each country.

There's always http://www.behindthename.com/, where you can also select a specific country, but it lists the origin of the name as well. I find it a lot more reliable.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:50:51 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2304 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:00 AM »
Aw, poor little thing ;n; The picture is lovely!

As for the Nordic names wiki: I took a quick look at the Swedish names and there's a lot that I've never seen before and that don't sound remotely Swedish. I clicked at a random one and apparently there's 7 people in Sweden with that name, so I presume it lists all/most of the names registered in each country.

Hmm, noted! Is there a reliable place where I can find Icelandic names, or just Scandinavian names in general? If Ari isn't a remotely accurate name, I don't want to offend anyone.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2305 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:32 AM »
Hmm, noted! Is there a reliable place where I can find Icelandic names, or just Scandinavian names in general? If Ari isn't a remotely accurate name, I don't want to offend anyone.
I just added a link in my previous comment! I can't speak for Icelandic names though.

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2306 on: June 15, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »

How about Arna? It means "eagle" - or if you'd like a name based on some other bird I've got Nöfn Íslendinga (= Names of Icelanders, a list of all Icelandic names and their meanings) right here! :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2307 on: June 15, 2015, 04:57:10 AM »
I just added a link in my previous comment! I can't speak for Icelandic names though.

Cool, thanks! Ari is confirmed as an Icelandic name but it seems to be for males WHOOPS. Maybe she didn't realize this when she chose the name but it kind of stuck because she is a falconer??? I'm not sure anymore.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:01:31 AM by Almond-Goddess »

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2308 on: June 15, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »

How could i make this transparent for the Art project thingy? I might just draw a digital one if I can't figure it out.
Spoiler: show

You ask the internet, that's how. Shall I mail it to you/Almond Goddess?
Spoiler: show

Almond Godess, your Falconer looks lovely, and I want to comfort her! *gives apple, pats on back*
RTR: more comics, yay!
Solokov: Looks good  :D
Haiz: I'm repeating myself but those sketches of yours are so expressive and well done. *Admires*
Mad Robin: I love the Bosse and Marja interaction there
Fauna, Kizzy, Antillanka, nice inserts, Welcome!
Koalalou: I'm glad the mighty Jabberwock approves!

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #2309 on: June 15, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »
That's not lame at all, that's amazing!
I love that cat's expression.
Also, that last point is absolutely true.

Thank yooouu ;u;
I thought the cat seemed lame because a mistake I did with its hind legs. But if people like it then I take back what I've said :D
Yes, Alma has her priorities set straight.

@RealRedCloudYT, Haiz, AquaAurion and Unlos THANK you ~❤

And a high-high-high-quality comic, that probably explains why Bosse prefers to hide. And why Marja will fired again.

This, I can relate. I cracked at the third panel XD

Such a lovely piece! I adore the soft (?) textured coloring~
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:47:54 AM by Kizzy »
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr