Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842069 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1800 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:36 AM »

Solokov: Google tels me that Bittersweetcandybowl is a comic with furryes. Is it right?

Ish.

Anyway jesus... so much stuff got posted since I last checked the forums.... and I've been busy with stuff. ...So we're doing dreamworld versions of our ssonas now?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1801 on: June 02, 2015, 01:02:51 AM »
Anyway jesus... so much stuff got posted since I last checked the forums.... and I've been busy with stuff. ...So we're doing dreamworld versions of our ssonas now?

It's crazy, man.  8) Things have taken on a life of their own (including Haiz's blorptroll, which now has its very own Magical Girl AU persona).  Kjeks and I have been invested with Admin powers, and we've got a slew of new members.  I can't even keep up with all the promotions.

So what's up with you?  Did I hear something about Crater Lake?  Any mysteriously crashed Russian planes there?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1802 on: June 02, 2015, 03:54:37 AM »
This thread grows by huge leaps when I'm at work! It is so nice to wind down with all the pretty stuff.

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1803 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:51 AM »
Right-o. This was supposed to be a sketch for my contribution to the art collaboration, but I got just a bit carried away with the background, whoops! I may still stick with the same pose, just minus the environment. Or maybe incorporate it to the background of the final piece? That's a thought!

Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1804 on: June 02, 2015, 05:32:20 AM »
Mm, general consensus seems to be that my rendition of blorptroll is adorably terrifying. Yay! And now blorptroll shall have a companion, Laufey!

I know this is old (gasp 2 days already) but I just have to say: Silly Laufeytroll, Blorp won't shut up just because you're trying to play peek-a-boo...

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1805 on: June 02, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »
Right-o. This was supposed to be a sketch for my contribution to the art collaboration, but I got just a bit carried away with the background, whoops! I may still stick with the same pose, just minus the environment. Or maybe incorporate it to the background of the final piece? That's a thought!

Omg it's so cute AND pretty! And those eyes in the background, such a nice touch!

...guys I might be converting my religion to worship a new goddess

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1806 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »

So pretty! :o I like the lightning in it :D

In case that my non-mage ssssona somehow would end up in the dreamworld, she would be wearing this:

The portrait did not turn out the way I wanted and after fixing it in ps it looks better, but I still don't like it =C It's just there to show how the outfit looks underneath the cape

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1807 on: June 02, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »
So pretty! :o I like the lightning in it :D

In case that my non-mage ssssona somehow would end up in the dreamworld, she would be wearing this:

The portrait did not turn out the way I wanted and after fixing it in ps it looks better, but I still don't like it =C It's just there to show how the outfit looks underneath the cape
Ohhhh! I love the little half-cloak
Fuzzy hoods are the best~ x3

Hmmm I should try a design with a fuzzy hood
I've got three already that I can't quite decide on--inked but not coloured
I'll post them in a little bit--hang on
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:12:03 AM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1808 on: June 02, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
ack! sorry about the double-post q vq

So, this top image I like the best so far. Its cute, and practical--and it reminds me of all the farming/fishing/coal mining history that Cape Breton has. And since, in my head, that's where I think my SSSS-sona would have grown up because I think it could have survived to Y90 as a safe area--the overalls make a lot of sense to me. The not-shawl bit and the long bits on the legs would be plaid--specifically that of the Clan McKinnon's tartan--bare feet because for some reason I always like walking in bare feet the most--and in a dream/dreamworld I'd feel more confident about walking around in bare feet everywhere xD

the bare feet and bangles are going to be a thing--i love the idea of clink-clink-clinking my way through the dreamworld--and I'm one of those people who feels naked without their jewellery xD

The sash on this one would of course be my family's tartan, the dress kinda makes me think of an old-style-esque farm dress almost? idk exactly but BreezeLouise likes this one a lot. Bare feet and bangles again, plus the same locket that will be appearing in all the outfits.

I like this one the most for its cape (family plaid)--and I can't remember what all else I was going to say about the outfit. Oops?

so, I think I already mentioned that I'd come up with at least three outfits and not be able to decide. Well, while writing all this out I had an idea for a fourth.

I'm never going to be able to decide on a dreamworld outfit at this rate @ A@

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1809 on: June 02, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
koalalou: Thank you :D I really like the cloak as well (it was partly the reason why I wanted to make a dreamworld outfit).
I think all of your outfits are pretty, but I think I prefer the first one :) It's simple and sweet and I love what you did with the shawl-thingy ;D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1810 on: June 02, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
AquaAquarion, that's a really cool design! Fluffy hoods for LIFE, and I really like what you did the belts and how they're woven! :D

koalalou, I really like the first and last ones :o They're all great designs, but those ones seem really dreamy to me. (huehuehue) The sash and cape are really cool touches and have I ever said how much I love how you draw fabric? I love how you draw fabric. It's so flowy and beautiful!
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1811 on: June 02, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
Almond-Goddess: This is so cool! I Really like the style of colouring :D

AquaAurion: Oh my gosh you look so pretty! ^w^

koalalou: I looked at all the out fits and it's hard to decide one! OAO
But I like the second a Lot! Why? I dunno, it looks cool! OvO
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1812 on: June 02, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »
I was going to comment on all the cool art here and make a lot of cool art myself today, but everything changed when the headache attacked

now all I have is an attempt at a sketch of my magesona as a magical girl, which I could've done a lot better and more thorough but whatever

i've never even seen a magical girl anime

you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1813 on: June 02, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »
I was going to comment on all the cool art here and make a lot of cool art myself today, but everything changed when the headache attacked

now all I have is an attempt at a sketch of my magesona as a magical girl, which I could've done a lot better and more thorough but whatever

You succeeded!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1814 on: June 02, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »

Me neither, and I'm the one who brought it up (after seeing a really strange MG cosplay).

But yes, that is a good mahoshona. Lacks a tiara but that's not important.