Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841798 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #435 on: April 09, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
I see you're having more luck with the hair than I am :P
Thank you! (I don't believe you, though and am looking forward to see yours!)

Is that... are you looking up pictures of Enfield SMLEs for gun reference?

Edit: wait what do you mean alt for framtung!?!?

EDIT: Googles Krag-Jørgensen 1898. Will try to make it recognizable :D

Iii googled bayonet? But maybe I should google Enfield SMLEs instead?
And I loved your weapon and the concept of mounting knives and axes in innovative ways, but I thought IRL this bayonet/halberd maybe would make someone tip over? Since it's on the tip? Notice the question mark after alt for framtung :P I think I'm going with that version anyway, since it looks nice ;) (Too much garlic? Nonono there's no such thing)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:52:37 PM by Unlos »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #436 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »

Here are some sketches of Karri. Body posture is challenging, so I had to reference most of these, but I hope I'll be able to make one that is less sketchy.

These look great!! And I totally agree, posture is... interesting. I try and use references a lot but then it looks even wonkier than before so I just end up using myself (which is why ALL the hands i draw have short fingers and big palms. allllll of them)
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #437 on: April 09, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »
*leans forward interestedly* hellooo

H... Mjaaa?

Thank you! (I don't believe you, though and am looking forward to see yours!)

EDIT: Googles Krag-Jørgensen 1898. Will try to make it recognizable :D

Iii googled bayonet? But maybe I should google Enfield SMLEs instead?
And I loved your weapon and the concept of mounting knives and axes in innovative ways, but I thought IRL this bayonet/halberd maybe would make someone tip over? Since it's on the tip? Notice the question mark after alt for framtung :P I think I'm going with that version anyway, since it looks nice ;) (Too much garlic? Nonono there's no such thing)

A rifle is a rifle (Lalli's rifle looks highly generic). The SMLE is just very recognisable to me because I've seen it a lot in the flesh before.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:27:27 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #438 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
H... Mjaaa?
just hinting at the fact that i'd be interested in an art trade if you wanted
but it's okay if you don't
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #439 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
just hinting at the fact that i'd be interested in an art trade if you wanted
but it's okay if you don't

You're not a very direct one, are you.
Actually, I've already started drawing your insert. I just haven't told you because, like I said, I work over a long time frame (and I have poor, neglected responsibilites) :P.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #440 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
You're not a very direct one, are you.
Actually, I've already started drawing your insert. I just haven't told you because, like I said, I work over a long time frame (and I have poor, neglected responsibilites) :P.
i literally cannot tell if that first sentence is sarcastic or not
but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
......... i have poor, neglected responsibilities too, I understand
it's not like I've been avoiding them all day or anything

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #441 on: April 09, 2015, 06:21:31 PM »
ooh my gosh!!! thank you!!!!! I look so cool!! and so.... tall..... for the first time in my life, that's amazing
Ahhh this is so pretty and we all look so cute!! I don't see any crimes to hair done here today! what cuties we are help so cute
eee thank you for liking things! :*) I might do more if people ask me, but I'm kinda busy (my poor neglected responsibilities just started shouting) so I'm not likely to be asking other people.
Curry, I was more talking about AG's Frankenstein-hair... Turns out bangs aren't my thing. :P
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #442 on: April 09, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »
Ta-da! Haiz and Curry because they drew all the everybody, and Almond Goddess because she drew me. (I'm sorry about the crimes to hair that were done to-day. :P)

(it's kinda hard to see but the falcon has a rodent)

AHHHH I can't believe I missed this piece last night! It looks fantastic! :D
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #443 on: April 09, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »
*sidles in through back door*
I haven't been able to come on the forum much over the last couple of days due to study needs, but you have all been really busy! I wish I could comment on each picture individually, but it would take quite a while.
Of course, when I say "study" I really mean "procrastinate 90% of the time while mourning my poor neglected responsibilities", so I also spent quite a bit of time sketching some other people's OCs...
-----

-----
Sorry for the bad quality photos/scrappy artwork -- I'm slightly better at drawing guns then people, which is strange seeing that I have only occasionally seen guns in real life, and have no idea how they work...
I am hoping to draw something more interesting soon but it might take a while, so don't hold your breath :P
I wish I could contribute more to this thread, but I'm just not that that creative
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #444 on: April 09, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »
*sidles in through back door*
I haven't been able to come on the forum much over the last couple of days due to study needs, but you have all been really busy! I wish I could comment on each picture individually, but it would take quite a while.
Of course, when I say "study" I really mean "procrastinate 90% of the time while mourning my poor neglected responsibilities", so I also spent quite a bit of time sketching some other people's OCs...
[PRETTY THINGS!]
Sorry for the bad quality photos/scrappy artwork -- I'm slightly better at drawing guns then people, which is strange seeing that I have only occasionally seen guns in real life, and have no idea how they work...
I am hoping to draw something more interesting soon but it might take a while, so don't hold your breath :P
I wish I could contribute more to this thread, but I'm just not that that creative
Ahhhhh, these are so pretty! We all look so cute! I think I am actually falling in love with your art? You've got such a clean, subtle style. I love how you draw expressions so much help. I will anxiously await more examples of your beautiful drawings! :0

Also, I study pretty much the exact same way. What a coincidence.
YEET

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #445 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:45 PM »
Ahhhhh, these are so pretty! We all look so cute! I think I am actually falling in love with your art? You've got such a clean, subtle style. I love how you draw expressions so much help. I will anxiously await more examples of your beautiful drawings! :0

Also, I study pretty much the exact same way. What a coincidence.
*cries because you are so lovely* ;-;
Thank you! I've never really thought that I'm that great at art, although I love to draw, but... oh my gosh you are so kind! I'm so happy you like them <3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #446 on: April 09, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
*points* IT ME!!!
KauniitaUnia, I agree your style is really cute!! I like the way you draw hair!! also wow look at that falcon that is super pretty falcon

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #447 on: April 09, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »
*points* IT ME!!!
KauniitaUnia, I agree your style is really cute!! I like the way you draw hair!! also wow look at that falcon that is super pretty falcon
Please excuse me while I turn into a blubbering mess
You are too kind!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #448 on: April 09, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
Okay. So. Some of you have drawn my character's face at some point - Haiz, Curry, and Oliga - so I wanted to reciprocate, but time is a difficult resource to manage. Anyway. Drawings.

Okay. So. Haiz. I combined your oc with the picture you posted very early in the thread of you and your cape blowing in the wind. Hence why you have a cape now. Also you end up looking a tad boyish - but no matter what I did, I couldn't make it look more like your face. The more details I added the greater the distortion. Sorry. D:

Curry. I have decked you out in what I presume is cleanser ware. Tired and dirty after a hard day of burninating the unclean.
Mask and goggles because a full face gas mask would make it hard to convey that is in fact your character in the picture. Your hair game is too strong for my skill level, so I kind of butchered it.

Oliga. Yours is a work in progress. It turns out I can't draw cats for shit. They all come out looking like Mikkel. I have now a whole page of disturbingly human looking cats. I am calling it quit for tonight. I want to draw an norwegian forest cat and the fur around the face make it look like Mikkel's sideburn.

What a glorious animal.

This is what I am going for. Top right panel.

(If anyone is interested in doing the whole drawing thing - just let me know.)
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #449 on: April 10, 2015, 04:30:29 AM »
Fimbulvarg and Curry: Almond-Goddess' ssssona looks so lovely in both of your styles! I really like how you guys made her interact with the falcon!

Elrew: Another cutie has joined us! Welcome! :D Soon we're going to be a whole platoon or something ;D

Almond-Goddess: That lineless style is amazing!  :o It feels like it's been taken right out of a story book!

Since we're so many now, could we include the link to the google doc in the first comment in the thread so it's easy to find? :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:32:14 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3