Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842848 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:09 AM »
Sorry in advance for ruining the string of amazing art with something so halfassed.

Any Norwegian without a sharp knife or an axe (preferably mounted in innovatively ridiculous ways) is improperly dressed.

Nationality:.... Norwegian
Profession:.... Troll puncher
Residence: Aurland

Can:
- operate basic vehicles
- operate chainsaws and similar equipment
- navigate
- carry out moderately detailed instructions
- offer astute but generally wildly optimistic/ borderline insane tactical advice

Do not:
- solicit help with the operation of cleanser equipment from individual
- solicit help with field medicinal procedures from individual
- Allow individual to aid in any of the above two.

Never go on a long trip without a solid woolen sash! It can be a blanket, a mat, a pillow, a rope, a scarf, a hammock, a hood, an umbrella, a sieve, a knapsack, a stretcher, a bandage, a meal, spare fuel, a skirt, a toga. If someone dies you can even use it as a shroud!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:25:32 PM by Fimbulvarg »

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:41 AM »

[...]
If someone dies you can even use it as a shroud!
:D :D
"It's only been a shroud...three times. You can still eat it. 'S still good."
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2015, 05:55:46 AM »
:D :D
"It's only been a shroud...three times. You can still eat it. 'S still good."

"Just wash it a couple of times. Or don't. Extra protein".

(Yeah, no, even I think that would be a bit out there  :P)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:30 AM »
"Just wash it a couple of times. Or don't. Extra protein".

(Yeah, no, even I think that would be a bit out there  :P)
Phew! :o
Unless: "Three?! HAHAHA MORE LIKE SEVEN!"
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »

I'm a bit torn on whether or not I want to see the ax part in action. On one hand it would answer my burning curiousity - HOW IS THAT GOING TO WORK WAIT MAYBE IT'S ACTUALLY GENIUS AND I JUST DON'T KNOW YET - on another hand my self insert is a troll with limited ducking options... like, I can always quickly retreat into a hole in a wall but the worrying thing about axes is that they can go through walls as well. Hm.  :-\

(It's beautiful.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:13 AM »
I'm a bit torn on whether or not I want to see the ax part in action. On one hand it would answer my burning curiousity - HOW IS THAT GOING TO WORK WAIT MAYBE IT'S ACTUALLY GENIUS AND I JUST DON'T KNOW YET - on another hand my self insert is a troll with limited ducking options... like, I can always quickly retreat into a hole in a wall but the worrying thing about axes is that they can go through walls as well. Hm.  :-\

(It's beautiful.)

Not gonna lie, I'm expecting the precious scope to shatter and the rifle axe to lodge itself firmly in the head of a troll that subsequently absconds with both the rifle and the axe.
But that's how progress is made! Progress is 90% failing spectacularly and trying to learn something worthwhile from it.

No one would want to kill an accordion troll. It's like, one of the seven wonders of the post-rash world.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2015, 07:03:51 AM »
Sorry in advance for ruining the string of amazing art with something so halfassed.

Any Norwegian without a sharp knife or an axe (preferably mounted in innovatively ridiculous ways) is improperly dressed.

Nationality:.... Norwegian

Can:
- operate basic vehicles
- operate chainsaws and similar equipment
- navigate
- carry out moderately detailed instructions
- offer astute but generally wildly optimistic/ borderline insane tactical advice

Do not:
- solicit help with the operation of cleanser equipment from individual
- solicit help with field medicinal procedures from individual
- Allow individual to aid in any of the above two.

Never go on a long trip without a solid woolen sash! It can be a blanket, a mat, a pillow, a rope, a scarf, a hammock, a hood, an umbrella, a sieve, a knapsack, a stretcher, a bandage, a meal, spare fuel, a skirt, a toga. If someone dies you can even use it as a shroud!
I approve of "troll puncher" as a job X)
You look so pretty! But that axe/rifle looks dangerous, both to you as a user and whoever happens to be your target. How do you swing it properly? =O
I thought a sash was like a big ribbon?? It sounds very usefull though! (Maybe not as a meal???)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2015, 07:15:45 AM »
But that axe/rifle looks dangerous, both to you as a user and whoever happens to be your target. How do you swing it properly? =O
You don't, you bring the whole thing down into the grossling's head while trying not to shoot yourself in the process. In theory it should work! Might work!

I thought a sash was like a big ribbon?? It sounds very usefull though! (Maybe not as a meal???)
Don't worry, you'll be less picky about your food when all you have is books and what nature provides (dirt and stuff)  ;)

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »
You don't, you bring the whole thing down into the grossling's head while trying not to shoot yourself in the process. In theory it should work! Might work!
Don't worry, you'll be less picky about your food when all you have is books and what nature provides (dirt and stuff)  ;)
Sounds like you have a plan! I'll just make sure not to be standing next to you when you decide to execute it ;)
And eat your sash of endless possibilities? Heresy! w_(OAO w_)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
Seeing the ssssonas moving and interacting makes me so happy! (can't draw moving things for the life of me) I thought there were more cleansers here! =O

Can we add some kind of poll or something to keep track on how many we have of each job? Maybe it will make it easier for new people to pick out their jobs? I know I already picked skald, but I was considering cleanser as well, but figured there would be tons of them :P
There are actually surprisingly few! There haven't been any since Callipygous posted hers. Surprisingly enough there are lots of Skalds and Mages here (I actually also made an OCD list with everybody's info, a file with everyone's picture, and a list with people grouped by profession? eheheheh it's a habit that I can't stop but if anybody wants it I could PM it or post it here.)

"Can someone, uh, please take this out of my hand??"
This is actually adorable and I feel bad for your SSSSona, being stuck on a team with 2 very... 'enthusiastic' cleansers. Good luck not having too many heart attacks ("Hey, Piney, you might want to run, I might have accidentally set the entire hospital on fire. Hate it when that happens, except not really. BYEE!" *disappears down hall*)
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
There are actually surprisingly few! There haven't been any since Callipygous posted hers. Surprisingly enough there are lots of Skalds and Mages here (I actually also made an OCD list with everybody's info, a file with everyone's picture, and a list with people grouped by profession? eheheheh it's a habit that I can't stop but if anybody wants it I could PM it or post it here.)
Omg I want that! I was actually thinking of making a list myself xD

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
Oh gosh I'm so late to the party... *sneaks in, sidles up to snack bar, stealthily grabs handful of Doritos*
Um... Only the main picture actually counts >_> (the bottom one is just pointless doodles of myself IRL, and the middle one turned out too badass-looking and I'm not that badass! But I thought I'd include it because it was pretty funny...at the time...) I might replace/add a better drawing later maybe...hmm

Is there a... format...?
Ok...let's see...

Name: Just uh....just "Owl" will do >_>
Nationality: :denmark:
Immunity: Yes
Languages: :denmark: :iceland:
After running away to see the world leaving the family farm equipped with only a bag containing spare clothes, a toothbrush and whatever was left in the family pantry, she hitched a ride with the local postage service and caught a trade boat to Skutskär. Aim: get to Mora, try and find a job any job I will do anything I have skillz plEAsE hire meee and place to live, earn money to buy tasty pastries. Wants to see and do cool stuff.

Adorable picture! You could easily be the Mikkel of a team. Speaking of it, how do you feel about performing surgeries? Hopefully you brought the sharpest knife in the pantry. And a shovel maybe. A shovel is good for fending off the grosslings and it doubles as a spatula.
The buying pastries part might be harder to pull off (cf the bonus comic).

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
Omg I want that! I was actually thinking of making a list myself xD

Hmmm on second thought I could always post it here for reference of people making new OCs! This is the shorter one, without all the extra info or pictures. I'm... actually considering making a powerpoint i just really love infodumps and organization of info okay don't judge me (sized down for slightly less long post)

OCD

Mechanic: (1.5)
Windfighter (kinda)
Lana/Cheesecake (kinda)
freddiethefantastic (kinda)
Mages: (6)
Haiz
dancingranger
Vafhudr
Kahli
Katariina/mamelukkikala
Noodly Appendage/Sonja
Cleansers: (3)
Curry
Callipygous
Piney
Scouts: (4)
koalalou
dancingranger
Adrai Thell
Solokov
Skalds: (6)
Haiz
AquaAquarion
Mithrysc
Noodly Appendage/Sonja
BarbaryLion22/Caja)
Sunflower/Sara
Hunters: (4)
Sigrid Marie
Gwenno
Fimbulvarg
Ruth
Medic: (2.5)
Windfighter (kinda)
Curry/Karri (kinda)
freddiethefantastic (thANK GOD A REAL ONE)
BarbaryLion22/Caja (kinda)
Other: (6)
Lana/Cheesecake (jack-of-all-trades)
Oliga (cat trainer)
Laufey (troll)
Lenny (illuminator)
Sunflower/Sara (cook, nanny)
OrigamiOwl (unemployed/farmhand)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:24:03 PM by Curry »
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:41 AM »
Hmmm on second thought I could always post it here for reference of people making new OCs! This is the shorter one, without all the extra info or pictures. I'm... actually considering making a powerpoint i just really love infodumps and organization of info okay don't judge me (sized down for slightly less long post)

OCD

No judging here, only the highest praise and a suggestion: maybe put it in an accessible online file, kinda like we do with the RPG stuff. I forget what it's called.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
No judging here, only the highest praise and a suggestion: maybe put it in an accessible online file, kinda like we do with the RPG stuff. I forget what it's called.

I could make a Google Drive later today and just make it open to all viewers so ~EVERYBODY~ would be able to see it. If that doesn't work for some people I'm open to suggestions for other platforms?
YEET