Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843015 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
Your mspaint game is strong.

Not unlike your eyebrow game.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »

Bio is a work in progress. About the only things I am certain of are:

Interests: Builds tech on the side with cast off components. Has an affinity with maps and info on the old world.
Am notified of private messages via email.

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:46 PM »
i redid my drawing with a better palate! tried to follow along to minna's instructions for how she does her panels. :D

Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »
Done! :D (Yes, these are the kitties that live in my house. [What, you thought I'd be calling them *mine*?]) I hope the picture isn't too huge... :/

Name: Sonja Eiríksdóttir
Nationality: Icelandic
Immunity: Yes
Languages: :iceland: :sweden:
Profession: Mage, academic

-Occasionally helps out at parents' cat-training facility, but prefers to spend time alone with a good book.
-Kind of a nerd, interested in literature from pre-rash years
-Really wants to learn Finnish, but can't figure out verbs
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:28:42 AM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2015, 12:15:31 AM »
Change the code so that there's no spaces between width, =, and 300. Should work then.

Cool, you caught it almost immediately ;)
Am notified of private messages via email.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2015, 12:32:59 AM »
Cool, you caught it almost immediately ;)
I've been coding Java recently and the space-bar instinct gets the better of me... :/
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2015, 03:21:09 AM »
Done! :D (Yes, these are the kitties that live in my house. [What, you thought I'd be calling them *mine*?]) I hope the picture isn't too huge... :/

Name: Sonja Eriksdottir
Nationality: Icelandic
Immunity: Yes
Languages: :iceland: :sweden:
Profession: Mage, academic

-Occasionally helps out at parents' cat-training facility, but prefers to spend time alone with a good book.
-Kind of a nerd, interested in literature from pre-rash years
-Really wants to learn Finnish, but can't figure out verbs

Awesome, an Icelandic one! If I can make one suggestion though, Eriksdottir is not an Icelandic name but Eiríksdóttir would be. Sonja we do have, though it's a rare one. Icelandic naming laws are super strict; here you can only choose from an already approved list of names unless you have an acceptable reason to suggest something that's not on it, and even in that case the naming committee can just decide they're not going to accept it, pick another one and pay the fee again. The names have to be able to decline in Icelandic, they have to be spelled according to the rules of Icelandic and can have no letters that don't exist in Icelandic alphabet, such as C.

Come to think of it if any of you need any help with Icelandic names I'm all yours. Just PM me with what you have in mind. :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2015, 03:30:12 AM »
Awesome, an Icelandic one! If I can make one suggestion though, Eriksdottir is not an Icelandic name but Eiríksdóttir would be. Sonja we do have, though it's a rare one. Icelandic naming laws are super strict; here you can only choose from an already approved list of names unless you have an acceptable reason to suggest something that's not on it, and even in that case the naming committee can just decide they're not going to accept it, pick another one and pay the fee again. The names have to be able to decline in Icelandic, they have to be spelled according to the rules of Icelandic and can have no letters that don't exist in Icelandic alphabet, such as C.
totally just made that up off the top of my head. :P

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2015, 01:59:46 PM »

no just kidding, I love you all, just my hipster instincts running a little wild here

Fenris: Hiiiiiiii, fellow hitraværing!!
Lenny: aaaaaaaaaaaaa i love!! also illuminator sounds super cool
ruth: oh gosh the colouring is amazing
Noodly: awesomeee, are you at the academy, too? We could hang out

you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »
i redid my drawing with a better palate! tried to follow along to minna's instructions for how she does her panels. :D
I love the look on your face! XD
[probably a lot like what *my* face would look like too, in that situation...]

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »

no just kidding, I love you all, just my hipster instincts running a little wild here

Fenris: Hiiiiiiii, fellow hitraværing!!
Lenny: aaaaaaaaaaaaa i love!! also illuminator sounds super cool
ruth: oh gosh the colouring is amazing
Noodly: awesomeee, are you at the academy, too? We could hang out

Cause mages are cool. Any way, I think I should have gone with my second idea, since I don't think I have any totally awezome Scandinavian blood. Just Native American, and such. Hmm. . .I might still do that.

What do you all think? Shaman or Medicine man?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »
If you go finnish mage route, I think you will find some interesting parallels with shaman and medicine man culture.

I mean, this is not really about actual ancestors or anything. Some people here seem to have some and use that as basis for their backstory.

I have no Scandinavia related ancestor - unless I feel particularly pedantic and suggest that my ancestors came from Normandie, who in turns are famous for having been a viking kingdom for a while. But like who cares. I made a dude from Iceland. I wanted a mage because magic is cool. Danes or Finns are more my jam, but Iceland, in lore, is more closely to what I would like. Just go with what you would like to be in such an adventure. 
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »
Cause mages are cool. Any way, I think I should have gone with my second idea, since I don't think I have any totally awezome Scandinavian blood. Just Native American, and such. Hmm. . .I might still do that.

What do you all think? Shaman or Medicine man?
Do we still have no medic? Because if so, that would be a good position to fill.

But like Vafhudr said - my main ancestry is Scottish but cleansers sounded more fun to me than vikings (well, warriors/troll hunters/the like). Also just so I could be like Emil.
 (And word-wise it has a funny connection to my last name that I wish I could reveal but y'know)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
Do we still have no medic? Because if so, that would be a good position to fill.

But like Vafhudr said - my main ancestry is Scottish but cleansers sounded more fun to me than vikings (well, warriors/troll hunters/the like). Also just so I could be like Emil.
 (And word-wise it has a funny connection to my last name that I wish I could reveal but y'know)

I actually have Norwegian and Swedish ancestry, so it's not actually too far of a stretch?? It's just mixed in with a lot of other pale countries (I am pretty much a vampire who reflects sunlight okay) But yes. No officially trained medic. No officially trained mechanic. I told my freddiethefantastic that if they ever made a(n? depends on house you say this) ssssona they need to be a medic/mechanic/COMBO because we are going to break everything and die because we're all too crazy

edit: wow there were like 182040 typos what was I on
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:10:54 PM by Curry »
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »
mamelukkikala: Your ssssona is so pretty (she has this delicate/petite feeling to her) and Lalli's uniform really suits her!

ruth: When I saw your ssssona I was thinking she could pass as a younger cousin or something to Sigrun :D

Fenris: Yes! We definitely need more soliders and he sounds like a fun fellow to be around!

Lenny: Could you perhaps explain what you mean with Illuminator? I tried wikipedia and got "Illuminator (sometimes limner), an artist who adds illustrations and decorations to illuminated manuscripts", is this what you meant? =)

Noodly Appendage: I like the cape! Somehow she gives me the impression of being a highly educated mage  ;D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3