Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404373 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
"How To Avoid Drawing the Other Eye," a novel by me.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »

Haha, now that's a novel that I need to read!  ;D It looks like the artwork inside would be fantastic too ;)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2015, 04:21:43 PM »
Woah, there's so much diversity in your characters :D I think the way you draw SSSS art has also changed quite a bit! ^w^
aa thank you!! and yes. yes it definitely has. I think all the panel redraws I'm doing are helping it evolve

Bloody hell
All is hella awesome
How
All I know is that my old fanart where balls with a strange half body and raptor claws.
the owl city and ylvis one is killing me
thank you O:
and aha ha.... i had forgotten about that owl city thing... see, the art reflex was alive back then too

AH YES AN ANCIENT ART
i really like how you drew that one eye though. and the hair. and the whole thing but especially the hair
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Most best cover-up, hands down! I need a novel for artfully hiding hands and feet, too. ;P
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #589 on: July 23, 2015, 07:59:03 AM »

Ohoho, I know this technique very well ;)
That hair looks amazing!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
Doodled around tonight for the first time in aaaages. 
Have a hair flip, and the rest of the page it's on. 
Also maybe my first fanart of a stretching Lalli.  Not used to the cutesy stuff.  >__<

Will I ever be able to finish my sketches?  The world may never know.

Spoiler: show

Feel free to PM.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2015, 01:17:22 AM »
Ha haaaaa I really meant for this to be a quick paint but nooo I just can't do quick and easy can I

It's a fusion between my real gemsona and freddiethefantastic's and their weapon is a hell cool scissorhammer combo?? Nice.

Spoiler: personality junk • show

Gem = Jet
Freddie is very angry on the outside and I'm vry angry on the inside, so fused, we'd probably not be all that stable, physically or personality-wise. Jet as a 'spiritual' gemstone has healing properties, but if it isn't cleansed, the negative energies and junk can accumulate and overpower the beneficial aspects, and this fusion is no expection. Jet gets gradually more and more unstable and wrathful as time goes on, but serendibite (moi) and labradorite (freddie) generally feel better after unfusing because they just end up dumping all their bad feels into this poor innocent angry gem
The gems are on the tongue and the back of the neck

I tried a ton of new techniques for this (third one-layer painting and first full-body digital paint, wooooo) and you can kind of see where my skills start to upgrade if you look at all the different hands. Actually I highly advise zooming in on the full size version of this in general the details look a lot cooler

also were we talking about techniques to avoid drawing the other eye?? because i have those DOWN PAT bro
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:20:11 AM by Curry »
YEET

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
Doodled around tonight for the first time in aaaages. 
Have a hair flip, and the rest of the page it's on. 
Also maybe my first fanart of a stretching Lalli.  Not used to the cutesy stuff.  >__<

Will I ever be able to finish my sketches?  The world may never know.

I love the dynamism of your work!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »

HEY YOU DIDN'T TELL US YOU COULD DRAW

and wait, sketches are supposed to be finished? oh woops

Ha haaaaa I really meant for this to be a quick paint but nooo I just can't do quick and easy can I

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*deep breath*
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

what a super cool fusion and i love the concept
do you guys have drawings of the unfused gems, too??
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2015, 08:55:22 AM »

It's a fusion between my real gemsona and freddiethefantastic's and their weapon is a hell cool scissorhammer combo?? Nice.
I don't really know what a gemsona is (is it based on a tv show or just ppl starting to do ocs based on gems?), but this is really cool :o

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »

*heavy breathing* That. Is. Awesome! Now I really want to see that weapon!  ;)

I don't really know what a gemsona is (is it based on a tv show or just ppl starting to do ocs based on gems?), but this is really cool :o

It's based off the tv show Steven Universe, which involves a lot of gemstone-based aliens (Hence the gemsonas). I really enjoy the show: it's much deeper and deals with more adult topics then you'd ever expect from a cartoon.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #596 on: July 24, 2015, 01:04:56 PM »

and wait, sketches are supposed to be finished? oh woops
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*deep breath*
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

what a super cool fusion and i love the concept
do you guys have drawings of the unfused gems, too??
Well, I can kinda draw. Been many moons since I've done it though. I'm on mobile (and at work) so I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of linking my DA, but I'm "Eichewawa" on there.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »

He made this thread y'know (besides, everyone can draw as they say).

Hooo. There's no such thing as a quick paint is there? But seriously, both the art and the design on this are just really darn good. Actually, the design coupled with the backstory reminds me of the Asuras (or wrathful demigods) of Indian mythology.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
Back at home now.
Quick link to my DA before I start packing everything I own into my car and move again:  http://eichewawa.deviantart.com/gallery/
And yeah, haiz, I haven't been on the forum much, and I've only drawn like that one page of things over the last 8 or 9 months.  Tarzan was the other most recent thing on that page, and that was 2 months ago.  T__T

Also, now that I'm not being constantly watched by my coworkers, Wowowow, Curry, that's so good.  o_____o  Good in painting and drawing ways. 
Feel free to PM.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #599 on: July 25, 2015, 03:29:49 AM »
Thank you all! To those asking about weapon/unfused gems, here they are (under a spoiler because wonky 4-month old art)

Unfused gems (me on left, freddie on right) with weapons

Jet concept + rAD WEAPON YELL HEAH

Corundum (pictured below) concept + highly ineffective weapon

I actually did another one to get more used to painting and such and I like it a lot more :0

This time it's Corundum, a fusion between m-ew's oc Sunstone and my orange cat's eye :0 They're a very confident gem with (obviously) lots of good looks, but they really aren't the strongest or most skilled fighter. Hey at least Sunstone's arms are really muscular right?? Just punch it, it's the same difference
YEET