Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842431 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4785 on: January 06, 2016, 01:40:25 AM »
It's here, I did it! SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, I HAVE SINNED, HOPE YOU LIKE IT

After reading Clara's bio for inspiration, I was struck just how determined (and stubborn) she was about joining the Cleansers just to prove everyone around her wrong! ┗(^∀^)┛

I meant to comment on this earlier, and you've probably seen my comments on tumblr, but I'll just say again that this is great! ;D (also I don't think I mentioned that I love the way you drew her hair)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4786 on: January 06, 2016, 02:41:06 AM »
I meant to comment on this earlier, and you've probably seen my comments on tumblr, but I'll just say again that this is great! ;D (also I don't think I mentioned that I love the way you drew her hair)

I did see them on tumblr, I'm so glad you liked it! I wanted to try some different techniques for this drawing, so it's good to know the hair turned out well, because that's not usually how I draw it ::)

Also, just thought I'd put this one here as well while I'm at it ^-^

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4787 on: January 06, 2016, 03:28:34 AM »

Klarissa had grown up with it .... the relentless noise suffocating her since she was born.
Too many bodies crowding her home, and a sea of screeching voices all vying for the spotlight when she braved the outside world.
She could feel their eyes boring into her, driving her mad.

Why couldn't they just stand still ....

and stay silent ...?

~~~The Crushing Cacophony~~~

I got the BurtonSSSSona for Daiseerose done today thanks to having the day off! What I noticed about her bio is that she really didn't seem to enjoy the constant noise that comes with living with a large family, and she appears to be an introverted character. Thus this twisted take on her outlook of the world was born! >:D

(Also, is there any way to make the pictures posted here bigger? This just seems too small, I've noticed I can't get any of my pictures to post any larger than 700pixels?)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4788 on: January 06, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »
Maybe if you grab the tea and cookies really fast and run. Or get someone to deal with possible trolls first. :D
It was more a "But... it's me !" ^^ Perfect trap, tea and cookies. Mmmh, let's be careful... Who could I send to deal with this possible troll first ? :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #4789 on: January 06, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »
(Also, is there any way to make the pictures posted here bigger? This just seems too small, I've noticed I can't get any of my pictures to post any larger than 700pixels?)
That is a limit automatically applied by the forum, mainly put in place for cases when one posts some lots-o-megapixels image and forgets to apply downscaling, so it just stretches over the whole page and looks unpleasant.
The 700 pixels aren't set in stone though, feel free to negotiate it over here. :)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4790 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
If you rightclick with your mouse (depending on your browser and device of course) you can show the graphic only. If you click it again, then it will show its true size.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4791 on: January 06, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »

It was set to keep pictures from being too large, as the larger images were crashing some people's computers and causing slower load times. If you click on the image as Kex points out though, it will show its original size.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4792 on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
snip

This is wonderful! Poor Klarissa..

daiseerose

« Reply #4793 on: January 06, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »

Klarissa had grown up with it .... the relentless noise suffocating her since she was born.
Too many bodies crowding her home, and a sea of screeching voices all vying for the spotlight when she braved the outside world.
She could feel their eyes boring into her, driving her mad.

Why couldn't they just stand still ....

and stay silent ...?

~~~The Crushing Cacophony~~~

I got the BurtonSSSSona for Daiseerose done today thanks to having the day off! What I noticed about her bio is that she really didn't seem to enjoy the constant noise that comes with living with a large family, and she appears to be an introverted character. Thus this twisted take on her outlook of the world was born! >:D

Ooooohhh I love it! I'm still in the process of finishing yours, but it will be up soon!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4794 on: January 07, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Ooooohhh I love it! I'm still in the process of finishing yours, but it will be up soon!
WOOT!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4795 on: January 07, 2016, 01:22:58 PM »
TRINKA IS HERE TO COMMANDEER THIS THREAD: NUTHIN CAN STOP ME NOW, IT'S ALL MINE! >:D

Anywho, here's the much deserved and very delayed half of my art trade for MadRobin, hope you liek it!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4796 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that drawing of the madrobinsona is so cute and happy!!! and gosh the tiny bird in her hair!!!

I'm gonna post the pic I drew for viola's birthday here, too, because I'm really happy with how it turned out:

you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4797 on: January 08, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that drawing of the madrobinsona is so cute and happy!!! and gosh the tiny bird in her hair!!!

I'm gonna post the pic I drew for viola's birthday here, too, because I'm really happy with how it turned out:

* Feartheviolas is also really really happy with how it turned out

Thank you again!!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4798 on: January 11, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
I've been meaning to post here for a while, but kept delaying because *eugh, actually writing a proper reply for all the posted stuff >"<* (just bin a bit lazy really), anyway...

TicTac - welcome tiny medic in training ^_^ not many new 'sonas these days, but it's nice to have you along

Martti - I'm not too sure what's going on, but the comic is pretty, and the premise is intriguing. Will you be explaining more of it? So Riika is awake in the mage space while Martti is asleep there, because he's still awake irl, or because the lady is stopping him from waking?

Haiz - Heheh, I guess we can't really call it the silent world any more now that the squad and Haiz are bringing along our sorta adorable screaming mascot :P Viola's birthday pic is mega pretty, it has so very much life to it and the flowing of the colours looks magical (which was totally the intention I guess, but it works!)

Laufey - Hot darn, but even Lauftroll looks mesmerised by the colours in that picture! The lighting is beautifully done, but the comic effect of the spell is downright perfect for a Haiz mess-up :P I am also impressed with Lauftroll's cleverness in luring poor Von over with tea...

Trinka - Please go ahead and commandeer this thread all you like!! Your arts are great and a pleasure to see ^_^ and such a range from creepy burtonfied daiseerose to adorable birb Robin and fiery and determined piney :3 You are a very talented and hard working artist!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4799 on: January 11, 2016, 07:41:12 PM »
Martti - I'm not too sure what's going on, but the comic is pretty, and the premise is intriguing. Will you be explaining more of it? So Riika is awake in the mage space while Martti is asleep there, because he's still awake irl, or because the lady is stopping him from waking?
it is only the beginning and the Lady is their mother. (They have a mage mother)
Yes, she is in mage space and Martti is still asleep (they share dreamspace together, they are really close and connected twins, that's why), I won't tell why Martti is asleep there, I will try to continue the story sometime again, shortly and partly like this, just need time to draw sometime again.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: