Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841789 times)

Fenris

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3435 on: July 28, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
Random question: Is there a 'sona D&D thread. Not the RP, but full-on fantasy adaptation. I think it would be awesome.
What do you mean? Like, the same characters in a fantasy setting?

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3436 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »
*uploads art trade with noodly the next day because i am strong and will survive the war*

your sona's bio did say that she liked spending time in bed with a book, so...

apparently someone is interrupting her reading time and she's not happy about it

I did draw the legs, but drawing legs looking normal is apparently beyond my comprehension,so i just covered it up with a blanket.

i really hate digital art i spent like 4 hours on this and yET
it came out like this
and even i did i traditionally i wouldn't be able to take a picture
for various reasons

"why are there no arms"
i admit i have no excuse

i mean i did draw the arms but

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3437 on: July 28, 2015, 12:07:29 PM »
What do you mean? Like, the same characters in a fantasy setting?

Yes, with D&D rules.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3438 on: July 28, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
Ahaha, I'm glad so many people liked my memes. I'm creating a memes/edits thread as we speak!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3439 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »
*uploads art trade with noodly the next day because i am strong and will survive the war*

apparently someone is interrupting her reading time and she's not happy about it

I did draw the legs, but drawing legs looking normal is apparently beyond my comprehension,so i just covered it up with a blanket.

it came out like this
for various reasons

"why are there no arms"
i admit i have no excuse

Holy wow that was fast. I like! (shhh arms are for those who own Snuggies. I'm just keeping my hands warm).
Nice choice of books, btw.  ;D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3440 on: July 28, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »
Haiz, when reading about you and Mélusine visiting the Mucha-museum I got really inspired, so for my art trade with Helia, I attempted the same style :) And I'm looking forward to my very own kitty amigurumi! Which I'll likely get in person!!

Rosy frame was done with pen and paper then scanned it (Ithink photoshop-users might like the "multiply"-tool, if you label your scanned/photographed sketch multiply instead of normal. it makes black become opaque and white invisible so it acts like an ordinary sketch-layer), because clean lines is something I can't really do in photoshop. For the same reason, the lines on Helia were done as vectors in a completely different program (Pencil2D, a free animating software).

OMG, this is beautiful! The drawing... the frame... and the cookies!
* Helia  stares with dropped jaw

Thank you! Takk! Köszönöm!  :-*

You were really fast, I haven't even started amigurumi kitty. (I had still some work today, so my holiday officially starts now - hooray! - come, my favourite crochet hook; we have to create the cutest and most best derpkitty ever)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3441 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
thumbs up to Unlos and Kick for Cool Arts!!

I have no clue if Oh Deer is still active on the forum but she's been on my art trade list for a long, long time now...

seems like that magic deer transformation hasn't worn off completely just yet!

I also seem to lack the right energies for my usual method, so it's entirely possible some of my next art trades will be more traced mucha art... if any of my tradees don't want that to happen to them, PM me! I understand if it feels like cheating and if you wanted something entirely in my style^^"
alternatively, PM me if you also really want to be drawn in this style. that also includes people who want to start an art trade and aren't on the list yet.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:41:07 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3442 on: July 28, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Ahahha YESSS beautiful, time well spent
you have opened up for ssssona memes
maybe there will be a lot of ssssona memes now
maybe we can have a ssssona meme thread

The Meme Queen decrees that this must become a thing!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3443 on: July 28, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
The Meme Queen decrees that this must become a thing!

Thread created!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3444 on: July 28, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

I also seem to lack the right energies for my usual method, so it's entirely possible some of my next art trades will be more traced mucha art... if any of my tradees don't want that to happen to them, PM me! I understand if it feels like cheating and if you wanted something entirely in my style^^"

*I'll totally draw you again if I can get some hands on pretty Mucha art of my SSSSona, even though I totally don't deserve this, PRETTY PLEASE; I'll totally go to the bottom of the list if I need to*

And Oh Deer's hair looks so cute here! I'll have to try wearing a cute kerchief like that some time
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3445 on: July 28, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »
*I'll totally draw you again if I can get some hands on pretty Mucha art of my SSSSona, even though I totally don't deserve this, PRETTY PLEASE; I'll totally go to the bottom of the list if I need to*

And Oh Deer's hair looks so cute here! I'll have to try wearing a cute kerchief like that some time
thank you! and yeah sure I'll add you to the list. I'm already doing round 2s with others so I don't see why not ^___^
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3446 on: July 28, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »

it came out like this
for various reasons

"why are there no arms"
i admit i have no excuse

You're a trooper! And those eyes are really nice, you've obviously put a lot of effort into drawing eyes and faces lately and it shows! (I'd like to do an art trade with you to, PM me if you have a situation/pose you want me to draw Alexis in!)
Haiz, Oh Deers ssssona looks like such a cutie! And high-fives wait that would probably hurt your thumb thumbs-up right back at you :)

Daéa, thank you! Saayy were you open for an art trade? I'm doing Ana Nymus first but I want to do moar..

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3447 on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:26 PM »
Haiz, when reading about you and Mélusine visiting the Mucha-museum I got really inspired, so for my art trade with Helia, I attempted the same style :) And I'm looking forward to my very own kitty amigurumi! Which I'll likely get in person!!

Rosy frame was done with pen and paper then scanned it (Ithink photoshop-users might like the "multiply"-tool, if you label your scanned/photographed sketch multiply instead of normal. it makes black become opaque and white invisible so it acts like an ordinary sketch-layer), because clean lines is something I can't really do in photoshop. For the same reason, the lines on Helia were done as vectors in a completely different program (Pencil2D, a free animating software).

Wow, just wow!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3448 on: July 28, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »
KicknRun: Like other people have already said, you are getting better everytime!! I specially like her eyes!

Haiz: Oh Deer looks so cute!! Your style here reminds me of Disney, for some reason.

Daéa, thank you! Saayy were you open for an art trade? I'm doing Ana Nymus first but I want to do moar..

Yesss, I am! :D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3449 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »
I finally have links so I can post these! Yay!

Earlier I was hanging out with my friend and her mom and we were all doodling on scratch paper, and I started out with this:

and then this happened:

aaaaand this:

I really don't even know anymore:

Yes. Fimby is meditating on top of a pile of weapons and dead trolls. Don't ask questions.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help