Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843571 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2430 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:09 AM »
ha haha totally not super insecure about my accent or anythign
mostly because english in an norwegian accent sounds super awful so im trying to distance myself from it through some weird sound acrobatics and i have no idea how much i've succeeded or not

I'm so sorry.

(This probably wouldn't happen in 'canon' but it cracks me up, so I drew it.)
it's not even 8am this is such a good idea
(no but ok it's getting really scary because I USED to throw tantrums about being called cute just like that only a few years ago. now there are too many people calling me cute to fight them all)
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2431 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:46 AM »
*dead thanks to the drawings and Haiz's voice*
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2432 on: June 19, 2015, 02:19:18 AM »
I'm so sorry.
"I AM NOT CUTE!  I AM A MIGHTY MAGE OF DARKNESS AND POWER!  FEAR ME! .... Why are you laughing?!?"

*snerk*
I'm sure the Blorptroll feels the same way.

I kind of sympathize with Haiz because I am also small and harmless-looking and as such have not inspired the awe, wonder, and hint of dread I always hoped to.

On the other hand, this is totes hilarious. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2433 on: June 19, 2015, 03:01:12 AM »
To Piney: From one lefty to another :)

Ooh, there are other left-handed people? Amazing picture, BTW.

O.O Haiz. That was soo cute! I think your voice is nice, it's very clear and easy to listen to. (I'm not sure I'd be that clear. Ever. Midland accent be darned.)
*mumbles incoherently in agreement*

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2434 on: June 19, 2015, 03:50:31 AM »
I'm so sorry.

Accents are cute ;) (For someone who speaks a foreign language. Accents in your own country are... er. Well. Sometimes awful.)

mostly because english in an norwegian accent sounds super awful so im trying to distance myself from it through some weird sound acrobatics and i have no idea how much i've succeeded or not
You're saying that because nobody heard my english I-have-nobody-to-practice-since-I'm-not-anymore-in-university-where-people-were-bad accent :P
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2435 on: June 19, 2015, 03:54:58 AM »

First of all, this is really cute and I like what you did with the shadows! Secondly... you're a leftie? Wow that has somehow totally escaped me, good thing I didn't start painting this one sketch yet...

I'm so sorry.

PFFFFFTTTTT poor Haiz, but some people just aren't built to look fearsome. :D Also Haiz you should do another voice recording of this comic.

I kind of sympathize with Haiz because I am also small and harmless-looking and as such have not inspired the awe, wonder, and hint of dread I always hoped to.

A bit like my mum then. She's this small, harmless-looking person and usually people largely ignore her up until the point that she decides to do something... and afterwards people don't even suspect it was actually her. She's also rather formidable when she goes in full power mode, I never realized just how strong she was before I saw her dangling my brother upside-down by the ankles (he was choking on a piece of candy). I guess working in the garden a lot does that to you.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2436 on: June 19, 2015, 05:10:01 AM »
Also Haiz you should do another voice recording of this comic.

way ahead of ya:
on accents.... Yeah, I guess to non-scandinavians a horribly norwegian-accented english would sound kinda cool. But it's not. Dear gods is it ever not
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2437 on: June 19, 2015, 05:39:06 AM »

way ahead of ya: on accents.... Yeah, I guess to non-scandinavians a horribly norwegian-accented english would sound kinda cool. But it's not. Dear gods is it ever not

HAHAHAHAHA THAT'S SO adorable. And trust me you don't understand the end of all hope before you've heard English with really thick Finnish or Icelandic accent. Horrible things come to life when that happens.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2438 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »
I got inspired by the voice acting thing in the "scenes we'd like to see" thread, but since I'm not confident enough to voice any other characters than myself......... I did this instead, plus a norwegian version, even if the 'canon version' would be in icelandic.
(I hope the link works, I posted it as a private post on tumblr, I don't have anywhere else to upload stuff sorry)
When you spoke in English you sounded nothing like I expected, but the Norwegian version was almost spot on O_O
I didn't notice any accent and would probably not have been able to guess where you were from. I know the feeling about worrying (Swedish English can be so ugly).

Very cute ^w^ I like your handwriting :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2439 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:25 AM »
(no but ok it's getting really scary because I USED to throw tantrums about being called cute just like that only a few years ago. now there are too many people calling me cute to fight them all)
(cue SSSSona Haiz trying to take on the entire Swedish nation)

*Phone ringing*
Lára: *picks it up* "Hello?"
Lára: "I don't speak Swedish. Do you speak Icelandic?"
Lára: "You've got who in custody?"
Lára: "Oh, Haiz. Haiz isn't a terrorist. Couldn't hurt a troll, actually."
Lára: "No, I mean it. There's this one troll, it screams incessantly, and Haiz hasn't been able to figure out what to do with it. I keep on finding it in the shower, in my bunk, in my bag, by my spices, in my..."
Lára:
Lára: "Actually, you know what? The person you've got in custody is a dangerous foreign terrorist who will murder every Swede born if given the chance."
Lára: "And those runes are mine, and should be returned as soon as possible."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:11:10 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2440 on: June 19, 2015, 09:43:14 AM »
Thank you guys for all of the nice compliments on my drawing of Piney! I'm glad you like it :)
If someone is interested and lets me know today, I have time to do one more art trade before I leave the continent and don't come back until august. I am leaving early sunday morning and I'll be on the forum duringmy trip, but I won't have all my art supplies with me, just a small pocket set of stuff because packing light and all that jazz.

Haiz your recordings are making me nostalgic for Norwegian. I have a really close family friend whose family is from norway and he always texts me in norwegian (or google translate icelandic which is hilarious) I ended up listening to the news in norwegian last night because of you. :)

(I listened to it in Finnish the other night for the first time and I actually figured out that they were talkig about the US presidential candidates and Jeb Bush. I have no idea why though on account of the fact that I don't understand actual Finnish words)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2441 on: June 19, 2015, 09:51:31 AM »
Haiz, your accent!! Is so cute! (I know I'm repeating everyone else, but I had to say it)

This is one of the many reasons why I think it would be a good idea to create a "How you sound" thread (or to revive an old one, like Sunny said). I love hearing different accents. I really love how people are different and have different voices and different accents, it is all so beautiful!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

« Reply #2442 on: June 19, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
This is one of the many reasons why I think it would be a good idea to create a "How you sound" thread (or to revive an old one, like Sunny said). I love hearing different accents. I really love how people are different and have different voices and different accents, it is all so beautiful!!
Why not, but... what would we say ? :) The same sentence for everyone, I assume ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2443 on: June 19, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »
Why not, but... what would we say ? :) The same sentence for everyone, I assume ?
"The idiot in front of you just risked to have your hometown wiped out by an outbreak. Let us hear you chew him out in your native language!" ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2444 on: June 19, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
Haiiiiiiiiiz I just got a chance to listen to these and they are perfect. I love your voice. (Actually though, you could totally record audio-books...)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: