Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843043 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1080 on: May 02, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »

Art-trade with Haiz, suddenly it bacame an actual effort project that I'm really pleased with. (Grmbml husband said that was a big hand! PERSPECTIVE I tell you!)
Sketches for deciding pose below the spoiler tag.
EDIT: Oh no I forgot the glasses! (Runs back to drawing table)
EDIT2: Now with glasses :-)

Spoiler: show

Ooooh, I love the dead trees and freaky shapes in them! (I'm totally seeing a mammoth skull in one of them, but I'm guessing that's probably just me seeing fossils/old bones in everything   :P ) Good perspective as well, don't know WHAT your husband was talking about with the hand being too big! The sketches are cool as well ^_^

Gwenno: okay, we good then! To be fair I always make it sound like I have a lot on my plate, but the truth is that I've got no lectures for two weeks and I already know I won't exactly spend all that time reading for exams anyway.....

Sorry, but I'm having a Gwenno-is-a-bit-of-an-idiot moment (or lifetime, but what can you do!?!) :-\ can you please clarify if "we good" means "we're good/square - I no longer feel the need to immediately art trade", or "we good to go! Neglect ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES!" (or not I guess, seeing as you've a bit of free-ish time now  :) )
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1081 on: May 02, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
I"M GONNA DRAW EVERYBODY GUYS.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1082 on: May 02, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »

Art-trade with Haiz, suddenly it bacame an actual effort project that I'm really pleased with. (Grmbml husband said that was a big hand! PERSPECTIVE I tell you!)
Sketches for deciding pose below the spoiler tag.
EDIT: Oh no I forgot the glasses! (Runs back to drawing table)
EDIT2: Now with glasses :-)

AAAAA thANK YOU this is so cool!!!! I love the extra sketches omg unicorns yessssssssss
also aaa the tREES!!!
MAGIC
this is so great I'm going to start on my part of the trade POSTHASTE

Sorry, but I'm having a Gwenno-is-a-bit-of-an-idiot moment (or lifetime, but what can you do!?!) :-\ can you please clarify if "we good" means "we're good/square - I no longer feel the need to immediately art trade", or "we good to go! Neglect ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES!" (or not I guess, seeing as you've a bit of free-ish time now  :) )
It means "we're square if you feel square"!!
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1083 on: May 02, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »
AAAAA thANK YOU this is so cool!!!! I love the extra sketches omg unicorns yessssssssss
also aaa the tREES!!!
MAGIC
this is so great I'm going to start on my part of the trade POSTHASTE

I'm so glad you like it!

Ooooh, I love the dead trees and freaky shapes in them! (I'm totally seeing a mammoth skull in one of them, but I'm guessing that's probably just me seeing fossils/old bones in everything   :P ) Good perspective as well, don't know WHAT your husband was talking about with the hand being too big! The sketches are cool as well ^_^

Thank you, (now I see the mammoth too, all skyrim-like!)
As for the trees, these are actually trees from a picture I took at Hove near Arendal. There's a super-cool pine forest there, with a lot of twisted and wind-bent trees, most of them still alive. Picture under the spoiler.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1084 on: May 02, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »
It means "we're square if you feel square"!!

Squares are cool, and I'm totally feeling cool today :P  Presumably you are cool as well, so consider this as us square :D

*maybe intoxicated while typing this… - will possibly blame that for stoopid communication skills in the morning*
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1085 on: May 03, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »
I resisted, but the mighty power of Windfighter and Lars_B's evil enabling have caused me to create a character. Basically me, but different. Janni Tähtivaara, Finnish skald/mage. She lives in Mora currently. I figure she is from Keuruu, but then moved to Mora for further studies. I believe she is into biology, specifically with animals, and has a strong interest in feline communication. I have her in Finnish and Swedish clothes, since she probably needs to blend in a bit more when living there, but keeps her Finnish clothes (and kantele and puukko) for field wear.

Janni Tähtivaara
Nationality: Finn
Area of birth: Keuruu
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Skald, Mage
Languages: Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1086 on: May 03, 2015, 12:49:47 PM »
Hellooo do you remember when I made inky-wonky headshots of all the current OCs wayyy back on page 13 of this thread?
I may not be able to keep my promise of drawing everyone for all of the future
BUT I CAN STILL TRY

inky-wonky headshots, ROUND 2

My apologies to
- anyone I didn't get quite right look-wise (particularly those with darker skin, I'm so sorry :c)
- victims of slight inking mishaps
- anyone I might have missed (PLEASE TELL ME IF I DID)

but otherwise, enjoy!

Don't feel obligated to draw me back, gods know I've been drawn enough as is - SPEAKING OF.  Several of you have in fact drawn me already, I'm especially talking about you who drew my OC fullbody and some even in colour:
Noodly, Gwenno, Vafhudr, Oh Deer, SolarPoweredGirl (.....as a cat....), frenci, BarbaryLion22, and Laufey are the names I wrote down but I might have missed someone.
QUESTION: do you want to make it into a proper art trade? I don't feel like my quick headshots are really worthy the art you have made of me, so I'm more than willing to make some Extra Effortsy art of you guys. (Well, I've drawn Laufeytroll a few times so I guess you're good, but still)

as for art trades in general, I'm opening up shop again!! Unlos is up next, and I will probably message Piney and RedCloud pretty soon!! But if anyone else wants one, attempt contact and I will gladly neglect responsibilities for your sake!
*dies of amazement*
these are so great!

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #1087 on: May 03, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
(...)

(...)

I know I already fangirled on facebook, but

EEEEEEEE, MEEEEEEE~

Also those are so coolllllll, I love your style! : 3 And thank you for capturing my s'onas grumpyness : 3
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1088 on: May 03, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
I resisted, but the mighty power of Windfighter and Lars_B's evil enabling have caused me to create a character. Basically me, but different. Janni Tähtivaara, Finnish skald/mage. She lives in Mora currently. I figure she is from Keuruu, but then moved to Mora for further studies. I believe she is into biology, specifically with animals, and has a strong interest in feline communication. I have her in Finnish and Swedish clothes, since she probably needs to blend in a bit more when living there, but keeps her Finnish clothes (and kantele and puukko) for field wear.

Janni Tähtivaara
Nationality: Finn
Area of birth: Keuruu
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Skald, Mage
Languages: Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic

That's pretty darn neat! The Swedish versions makes me think of a younger, less gloomy version of Siv.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1089 on: May 03, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »
Starfallz: welcome to the crew!!! I like your draws

wildfire and SolarPoweredGirl: thank you ^___________^

Unlos: hhhh that forest looks amazing I have to go there
ALSO
i finished my part of the trade!!!

READY TO WHACK TROLLS WITH THE GLORIOUS APPLE PICKER

I hope you like it ^_________^ and i hope it feels enough, after all the backgroundstuffs you did.... wow.... also i have no idea what hair colour so I just gave you the norwegianest hair colour I could think of

Vafhudr: I'm thinking of drawing your mage in just inks and without colours, does that sound fair??

you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1090 on: May 03, 2015, 02:55:55 PM »
I resisted, but the mighty power of Windfighter and Lars_B's evil enabling have caused me to create a character.
I suppose it's inevitable ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1091 on: May 03, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »

ALSO

I hope you like it ^_________^ and i hope it feels enough, after all the backgroundstuffs you did.... wow.... also i have no idea what hair colour so I just gave you the norwegianest hair colour I could think of

Vafhudr: I'm thinking of drawing your mage in just inks and without colours, does that sound fair??

Completely fine by me.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1092 on: May 03, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »

ALSO

I love it, Haiz! Especially the ready for everything expression! Troll-whacking up next, yes indeed. As for hair colour, I'm dark blonde so it's quite close. Will go back to stare at this one many many times, thank you!

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1093 on: May 03, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
That's pretty darn neat! The Swedish versions makes me think of a younger, less gloomy version of Siv.

Yay! Approval!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1094 on: May 03, 2015, 05:01:44 PM »
Well, I finally done my part with the Art-Trade with Haiz

I'm practicing (is that even a Word? I dunno) new poses so... this one is a Little bit weird, also, tomorrow probably I won't be online too much time (school and stuff).
Anyways, I hope you like it ^w^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_