Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843140 times)

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »

SolarPoweredGirl - I'm really impressed with how much your art has developed recently, as in, your pictures are improving REALLY quickly and I'm looking forwards to seeing more of your stuff :D

Thanks! ;D I'm trying to develop an art style, so I'm testing out different techniques. Also, I did get Krita, and that definitely helped, because now I don't have to use MS Pain(t)! Yay!

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »
@KicknRun: Noted. I will wait for that before starting on yours.  Correct post yes? Additionally are those dreadlocks?

@Gwenno: Gonna need a repost of your ssss'sona so I know what to draw, the link in this post is dead.

@kahli: Sure. Any special notes you want added on the dossier Or just a basic but scant dossier? Also this is the correct post right?

As an FYI I will be drawing mugshots so that way the style is uniform.

Anyway for starters I now need to make an exploitable Manilla folder, photograph and dossier sheet so that way I can just make the head-shots to fit into a photo square.....This may be a bit more ambitious than I initially planned.

OH WELL!....::worried laughter::

Additionally, any particular backgrounds for the dossier photo? I mean I can use the height bars, but I'll need how tall each is for that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:07:52 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »
Anyway......So I'm going to do a last call for if anyone wants to be on the dossier table that I'm going to draw up... before I start randomly start throwing darts and picking people at random.

My SSSSona wouldn't be an adventurer candidate, but could I have typed up some research notes on your table?  e.g. "You didn't hear it from *me,* but old land-use records show there was this big horn-of-plenty called an IKEA about 50 miles from here..."

They'd have to be typed, because I have atrocious handwriting.  And that would probably be the case even in the 22nd century. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2015, 12:49:38 AM »
I am waiting for the reveal that Sweden is in fact a corporatist state run by IKEA.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »
I am waiting for the reveal that Sweden is in fact a corporatist state run by IKEA.

Shhhhh!!!  Nobody else was meant to know!!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2015, 03:51:03 AM »
frenci: I'm amazed you drew all of us! =O

DancingRanger: Thank you for including me! =D It's nice to see some group dynamic!
I guess the team being made up of mostly females is just because more females have decided to join this thread =P I get happy when I see a new male ssssona pop up here ^^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #621 on: April 17, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »
Thanks, your sona's on my list to draw next.
*meeeeeeeep!* (Heheh, I think I need to produce more varied onomatopoeia :P - assume this is the sound that happens when I'm excited by an art thing!). I get drawn :D !!!!!!!!!! If you're happy waiting we could art trade? I've some other stuff being prioritised now (and I'm really slow at drawing) so you probably wouldn't see anything for a week or two, but if your happy with that then I think it would be pretty fun to draw your SSSSona :3

@Gwenno: Gonna need a repost of your ssss'sona so I know what to draw, the link in this post is dead.

Anyway for starters I now need to make an exploitable Manilla folder, photograph and dossier sheet so that way I can just make the head-shots to fit into a photo square.....This may be a bit more ambitious than I initially planned.

OH WELL!....::worried laughter::

Additionally, any particular backgrounds for the dossier photo? I mean I can use the height bars, but I'll need how tall each is for that.
Huh, that's strange it looks like it's there for me :/ Well it's on the powerpoint of absolutely everyone however, so it might be better for me to post that rather than repost (slide 19 at the moment).
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.p

As for being a bit more ambitious, well that seems like half the fun of things :P and so long as your happy with your work take all the time you need and make it awesome!

Background can be height bars if it makes it easier :3 (165ish centimetres) or wooden panels as you'd expect to find in a viking hall if you'd like something different - you're the one drawing so your choice!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2015, 06:47:28 AM »
Solokov: Nope, not dreadlocks. Its just braids I don't know how to draw/ am too lazy to.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Elrew

« Reply #623 on: April 17, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
Oh my gosh, people drew me and they're adorable! Oh Deer and Frenci, you must be so patient to draw so many people, wow. I tried but only did a few sketches before abandoning ship :|
However, I got a bit of motivation and drew you two and also SolarPoweredGirl by mistake. I did think Oh Deer's drawing had changed a lot...
I have tried to put these pictures on here for maybe 15 minutes now please someone teach me how to do this before I throw something

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #624 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:13 AM »
Here's my next thank-you-sketches for Oliga and Cheesecake!

I have tried to put these pictures on here for maybe 15 minutes now please someone teach me how to do this before I throw something.
First you need the image url, so upload the picture somewhere (dA, tumblr, imgur etc) and then right-click on the image. Instead of clicking "copy url" there should be an option like "copy image url", which you should choose.
When you write your message there are some symbols up on the left side over the smileys. One of them is a small Mona Lisa (right below Bold), click that and put your link inside the tags.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:32:03 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #625 on: April 17, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »
Oh my gosh, people drew me and they're adorable! Oh Deer and Frenci, you must be so patient to draw so many people, wow.
Well, I only did the heads, and not of everyone. But Frenci went all the way! I'm still impressed
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #626 on: April 17, 2015, 07:41:41 AM »
So I realised that my main picture of my OC does not really give a good view of her facial structure or hair, so here is another sketch of her in a forward-facing profile. I tried to make it look a bit like a photograph, complete with coffee stain and fold lines, but you can be the judge of how well that turned out ;)

It's sorta messy and not very detailed, but you get the idea ^^ consistent art styles? What are those?

I also never gave her a name for some reason, so here it is: Hanna Jansson. 'Hanna' is the shortened and more Scandinavian sounding version of my actual name, Hannah, and Jansson... sounded nice. (It's also the name of Tove Jansson, who I love, but I only realised that after I picked it. Weird.) I was going to use 'Bergström' originally, but Piney is using 'Bergstrom' and AquaAquarion has 'Bornström', and they both sound a bit too similar for me to use it

Solokov - is it a too late to ask for my own file too? I somehow missed your earlier post, but if you're too swamped with requests right now then it's fine if you don't want to do me as well c:

[shameless self-promotion] A quick update on the Infodump - it is now updated up to and including the extra information that wavewright posted earlier, and you can view it all here; https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.p [/shameless self-promotion]

Ok. Super long post, finished!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:16:22 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #627 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:03 AM »
So I realised that my main picture of my OC does not really give a good view of her facial structure or hair, so here is another sketch of her in a forward-facing profile. I tried to make it look a bit like a photograph, complete with coffee stain and fold lines, but you can be the judge of how well that turned out ;)

I was going to use 'Bergström' originally, but Piney is using 'Bergstrom' and AquaAquarion has 'Bornström', and they both sound a bit too similar for me to use it
So pretty~!

I wouldn't mind if you use Bergström (Piney is actually using that, I don't know why it says Bergstrom in the infodump), I was thinking I could change mine and we could be cousins or something ^^ (I won't do it unless you guys want to ofc)

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Elrew

« Reply #628 on: April 17, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
VICTORY!!

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #629 on: April 17, 2015, 08:00:08 AM »
VICTORY!!

Oh my gosh, I love it!!!!!!! I really need to make thank you sketches, but both of my sketchbooks are all filled up! I'll draw when I can. :3
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8: