Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2496347 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9420 on: March 29, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
aw man so much cool art in the art thread recently!! keep it up you guys! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)

also, martti, a really useful way to check for anatomy mistakes in traditional art is to flip it upside down, look at it in a mirror (your phone screen is useful for that lmao), or back up and look at it from a distance! seeing it from a different angle tricks your mind into thinking it's a whole new picture so you don't overlook the things your brain has automatically fixed, like anatomy mistakes :0
my art teacher makes us draw from the mirror sometimes and it's hell but a good exercise
YEET

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #9421 on: March 29, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
I'm just gonna drop this Lalli here UuU)
(its ....so sketchy)

Oh, nice!  Lalli showing off his power.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9422 on: March 29, 2016, 01:43:32 PM »
aw man so much cool art in the art thread recently!! keep it up you guys! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)

also, martti, a really useful way to check for anatomy mistakes in traditional art is to flip it upside down, look at it in a mirror (your phone screen is useful for that lmao), or back up and look at it from a distance! seeing it from a different angle tricks your mind into thinking it's a whole new picture so you don't overlook the things your brain has automatically fixed, like anatomy mistakes :0
my art teacher makes us draw from the mirror sometimes and it's hell but a good exercise

maybe that's why I do less mistakes or smaller mistakes on digital arts, because they are always flipped, deformed and stays far and normal angle, while on paper, they are not.
thanks, I could try to remember this
I always notice the mistake when I am already outlined or done with paper arts and puts them away from me for a little and then see is again randomly.... this time I noticed when I got the art back after the contest.........
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9423 on: March 29, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »

And here is my part of the art trade with Unlos. She asked me to draw the team doing some Hungarian Easter tradition.
So let's imagine, that they read about interesting customs - for example the water throwing on Easter Monday - in a book they've found, but of course, Sigrun didn't pay too much attention to the details...

Spoiler: about the tradition • show
On Easter Monday boys/men throw water over girls to keep them healthy and fertile. In return, they get painted eggs and/or chocolate (and they're offered food and drinks too). Today - especially in cities - instead of a bucket of water boys sprinkle with cologne water. But let me tell you, reeking of different kinds of cheap parfumes isn't any better than being soaked in water...
By the way, this folk custom can be found not just in Hungary; Czechs, Slovaks and Poles also have similar traditions.

I love this! Also, learning about other traditions is so great. Go Sigrun!
Blanket appreciation for the rest of the art that's been posted here, sorry for not commenting individually but my head is emptyyy. Very good for watching all the pretty stuff in here but not so good for expressing what I feel when I look at them.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9424 on: March 29, 2016, 01:57:56 PM »
maybe that's why I do less mistakes or smaller mistakes on digital arts, because they are always flipped, deformed and stays far and normal angle, while on paper, they are not.
thanks, I could try to remember this
I always notice the mistake when I am already outlined or done with paper arts and puts them away from me for a little and then see is again randomly.... this time I noticed when I got the art back after the contest.........

yeah, digital art makes it so much easier to fix too :\ traditional it's not just seeing the problem, it's redrawing it well enough to actually fix the problem, and i just. flips a table
YEET

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #9425 on: March 29, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »
(its ....so sketchy)

This is such a pretty and painterly Lalli. :) Say, what art program do you use? I love how your art always has a certain painty quality to it, I'm curious what you use to get that so easily. (although, I'm probably just incompetent at painting, lol. I'm trying to get better!)
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9426 on: March 29, 2016, 05:06:06 PM »
(its ....so sketchy)

What a brilliant Lalli!

Here, have a less brilliant Lalli (dressed in my cosiest clothes):

I hecked up when I did the colouring and used the technology all wrong, so this is the best I could come up with after an hour of trying to save it... I'll have to try again at some point but my work calls. :)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9427 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »
Wow lots of people are drawing the SSSSquad in their clothes! Yusss. I also have more of that, with everyone this time.

These are also awesome, no doubt, but I just have to say that the 3rd one looks wonderfully like Reynir after they all decided to hotbox the cat-tank. ;D
Yes please please do that xD

I cannot believe I actually did this. Also s/o to whoever sent in that one ask on tumblr, this is your fault.

Under spoiler because there's like eight images

(and also drug use sorry bye): show

(Original post, with text: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141921803793/i-should-be-arrested-for-this-post)
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9428 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:27 PM »
Wow lots of people are drawing the SSSSquad in their clothes! Yusss. I also have more of that, with everyone this time.

I cannot believe I actually did this. Also s/o to whoever sent in that one ask on tumblr, this is your fault.

(Original post, with text: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/141921803793/i-should-be-arrested-for-this-post)

I got a peek at some of these when you were streaming and they look great! Love the 2nd to last one especially! All the kitty!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9429 on: March 29, 2016, 08:31:58 PM »
Shaeiira That is a most adorable Lalli < 3
Tamaerchen He totally would wear different-coloured socks, too xD

I'm so glad that I managed to catch the streams because they were a blast. < 3 I love these so much (especially that adorable one where he's laughing with Emil, aww < 3 But I said that a million times already fff)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #9430 on: March 29, 2016, 10:10:08 PM »
We have seen recently Sigrun, Mikkel and Emil being together and me and some other, and they are liek a family.
but if you think over their ages, Sigrun and Mikkel would be pretty would parents.

but I felt to draw them with Baby Emil (well, my friend said to draw this)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #9431 on: March 29, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »
We have seen recently Sigrun, Mikkel and Emil being together and me and some other, and they are liek a family.
but if you think over their ages, Sigrun and Mikkel would be pretty would parents.

This is adorable and it reminds me of Parks & Rec (an American sitcom) when Andy talks about the age difference between him and April.
Quote: "April is the best, but she's 20. When April was born I was already in third grade, which means if we were friends back then I would have been hanging out with a baby. I don't know anything about infant care. Oh my god I could have killed her."
Great work Martti!
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #9432 on: March 29, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
This is adorable and it reminds me of Parks & Rec (an American sitcom) when Andy talks about the age difference between him and April.
Quote: "April is the best, but she's 20. When April was born I was already in third grade, which means if we were friends back then I would have been hanging out with a baby. I don't know anything about infant care. Oh my god I could have killed her."
Great work Martti!
I know this feeling too, I have friends who are like 12-13 years younger then me....... I dunno how I would handle them like 10 years ago when I was already a teenager, but they were only a little kid.

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #9433 on: March 30, 2016, 03:25:11 AM »
Thank you for the comments guys <3
This is such a pretty and painterly Lalli. :) Say, what art program do you use? I love how your art always has a certain painty quality to it, I'm curious what you use to get that so easily. (although, I'm probably just incompetent at painting, lol. I'm trying to get better!)
I'm using Paint Tool Sai ...(preeetty much because its my only option >^>)

UWAAAA this is so cute ~!!! ( I actually went ahead and calculated their age after reading that page just to see if it matches for them to be a lil family ((it doesnt but eeee this is so adorable !!)
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9434 on: March 30, 2016, 01:54:48 PM »
(its ....so sketchy)

This is so cool! ;D

Martti: they look so cute >w<

I found my charcoals and I have no idea how to use them played around a little. The result was Reynir's braid

Spoiler: I played around in ps too • show
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:00:21 PM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3