Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141606 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #855 on: November 07, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »
6374 words today is too much, I'M TIRED ! (But happy.)
Dang, that's impressive! I spent the whole day helping my friend move so I haven't written anything yet, I have to get on that.

Iiii... discovered that there is a write-in in my town. And I'm going tomorrow. I'm so nervous!

I'm going to a write-in tomorrow too! They have them all over the place in my area, but the ones closest to me seem to always be on Sundays. And if it helps, probably some of the other people there will be nervous too.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #856 on: November 07, 2015, 10:17:09 PM »
Well, my predictions about this weekend are coming true so far (i.e. I didn't really get to write much). By tomorrow I'm going to have write about 7000 words to catch up. Though I'm probably also going to be busy all day tomorrow. Hm.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #857 on: November 08, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
Practical applications of NaNoWriMo skills: When you realize that your assignment is actually supposed to be two pages longer than you thought it was, but it's still only like one day's worth of NaNoWriMo writing in total ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #858 on: November 08, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »
I had no possibility to write today. I assume I'll have very few words thank to my notebook, but I'm definitively in NaNo mood because, when I tried to have a quiet moment while closing my eyes in the bus, the first thoughts I had were a character mentioning me something we forgot last night as if he was waiting for me, and some others adding a scene. Okay, okay, I got the message, but I swear I couldn't write, you'll have to wait...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #859 on: November 08, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »
The write-in went well! I didn't die of nervousness! And I got a ton of writing done!

What a relief. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #860 on: November 08, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »
I haven't written nothing since last week hahahaha D:

I was out of town this weekend and haven't touched my story for days.
Anyway, I will probably write more soon, but I don't know if I will be able to reach the word count.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #861 on: November 08, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »
Weeelllll....my sci-fi story was struggling and dying...the last time I wrote anything for it I got 18 words in for the whole day.  That will not allow me to win.  So, instead of continuing on with characters that don't do anything, I started writing Tristan's story.  Naturally I begin by writing a conversation between God and Satan (and Time the Elemental, because they're Threnified!).  I have the whole first scene (unedited aside from random paragraph breaks) here if you're interested.  I don't often post excerpts of my Nanos.  I'm also enjoying the foresadowing...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Favorite line so far: "Perhaps you would like to wait and see the outcome of his life," the Most High said, intoned with sarcasm.

Spoiler: Sheer Goofiness • show
"I'm at 5707 words and the goal is 13,333.  I'm so behind!!!" I panic in terror.
"I'll save you!" Tristan rises up heroically!
"That's nice Tristan, but you're a baby right now," I say.
"Oh...that's...inconvenient." Tristan was crestfallen.
"Yeah, everyone's just going to say you're an adorable little blob of cuteness."
Tristan glared at me.  He would much rather be an awe-inspiring hero, not a blob of cuteness.  He ran away to save some people off-stage since the story doesn't care about behind-the-scenes anachronisms.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

« Reply #862 on: November 10, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
Some days are more complicated than others, isn't it ? *Will make more tea and maybe even open a bar of chocolate*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #863 on: November 10, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »
My story so far involves a lot of travel(l)ers and travel(l)ing, and I just realized I've been spelling everything the British/ non-American way. Oh well.

(I have the sneaking suspicion this also happened last year.)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #864 on: November 11, 2015, 05:30:42 AM »
I'm sadly lagging behind a bit with my word count but nevertheless this is the situation now.

Spoiler: show
The first day in the house was uneventful, the guests are being provided with food but no one knows how. As a curious detail everyone seems to be receiving their favourite food. A large doll's house depicting the house itself is found, complete with figurines. Some people such as the twins claim some of the dolls resemble certain visitors, others are skeptical because not all of them do, the amount of dolls does not match the amount of people and besides there are all other kinds of figurines in the house as well. The following night Jonathan manages to escape from a room that the house has been keeping him in and Leah is attacked while she sleeps.

Second day

The group splits because some wake up earlier than others (Anne, Timo, Gita, Elena, Harry and Chris) and decide to start getting accustomed to the house. Somehow although they follow the doll house's blueprint they never seem to find any doors out, or windows for that matter. Harry and Anne have a disagreement and the group splits further as Chris and Harry slip away without anyone noticing.

Hugrún, Guðrún, Inge and Pyry meet in the main room where the doll's house is. The twins have been worrying about Agata, who has not been seen all day despite the three of them sharing a room. The thought that the doll's house resembles Christie's And Then There Were None -statues and a scene it seems to portray sends this group running, on a very poorly planned rescue mission after her.

Stats:

Anne, Timo: fed up with the house, the other visitors and each other. Alive, lost.
Harry, Chris: fed up with Anne and Timo. Alive, not lost.
Elena: has a bad feeling about everything, but then again when doesn't she. Alive, not lost.
Gita: is quietly judging. Alive, not lost - yet.

Guðrún, Hugrún: convinced that Agata is in trouble. Alive, doing the most amazing high heel sprint you'll ever see.
Inge: running along because well, why not. Alive.
Pyry: being far less athletic than the other three Pyry is lagging behind. Has accidentally stumbled upon the most perfect room, a dream come true, has decided to stay in it indefinitely. Alive.

Agata: like Pyry, has found the most perfect room that seems to give you everything you can think of asking for. Is very much in trouble though she's unaware of this as of now. Alive.

Leah: no stats available, presumably alive.
Jonathan: has made a daring escape and is betting everything on luck and a helpful fellow visitor. Still dead.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #865 on: November 11, 2015, 05:55:29 AM »
I'm sadly lagging behind a bit with my word count but nevertheless this is the situation now.

Spoiler: show
The first day in the house was uneventful, the guests are being provided with food but no one knows how. As a curious detail everyone seems to be receiving their favourite food. A large doll's house depicting the house itself is found, complete with figurines. Some people such as the twins claim some of the dolls resemble certain visitors, others are skeptical because not all of them do, the amount of dolls does not match the amount of people and besides there are all other kinds of figurines in the house as well. The following night Jonathan manages to escape from a room that the house has been keeping him in and Leah is attacked while she sleeps.

Second day

The group splits because some wake up earlier than others (Anne, Timo, Gita, Elena, Harry and Chris) and decide to start getting accustomed to the house. Somehow although they follow the doll house's blueprint they never seem to find any doors out, or windows for that matter. Harry and Anne have a disagreement and the group splits further as Chris and Harry slip away without anyone noticing.

Hugrún, Guðrún, Inge and Pyry meet in the main room where the doll's house is. The twins have been worrying about Agata, who has not been seen all day despite the three of them sharing a room. The thought that the doll's house resembles Christie's And Then There Were None -statues and a scene it seems to portray sends this group running, on a very poorly planned rescue mission after her.

Stats:

Anne, Timo: fed up with the house, the other visitors and each other. Alive, lost.
Harry, Chris: fed up with Anne and Timo. Alive, not lost.
Elena: has a bad feeling about everything, but then again when doesn't she. Alive, not lost.
Gita: is quietly judging. Alive, not lost - yet.

Guðrún, Hugrún: convinced that Agata is in trouble. Alive, doing the most amazing high heel sprint you'll ever see.
Inge: running along because well, why not. Alive.
Pyry: being far less athletic than the other three Pyry is lagging behind. Has accidentally stumbled upon the most perfect room, a dream come true, has decided to stay in it indefinitely. Alive.

Agata: like Pyry, has found the most perfect room that seems to give you everything you can think of asking for. Is very much in trouble though she's unaware of this as of now. Alive.

Leah: no stats available, presumably alive.
Jonathan: has made a daring escape and is betting everything on luck and a helpful fellow visitor. Still dead.
Poor Jonathan, an identical statut...

I'm not as far away as I thought. My characters who will have to spend more time together are in the same place right now. It's time to discover a problem, and walk more and more in the forest...

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #866 on: November 11, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
2350 words for the day, not bad. Wanted a thousand more so I could reach 12k (yeah, I'm pretty far behind), but I'll consider mysef satisfied for now since head is aching, fingers are hurting.

NaNoWriMo has eaten my soul, anyone?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #867 on: November 11, 2015, 02:28:48 PM »
Gearing up for NaNo write-in number two! Feeling less nervous than the first one, which is a good sign. : )

Fwuh, I have so many different fics going at the same time for my mini-wrimo mission, it's hard to make a choice for which one to work on today. (Start on the Advent Calendar fic, perhaps? Or more Exchange things? Or continue with self-indulgent crossover crackpairing nonsense? We will see.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #868 on: November 11, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
Hi I'm like a week late but I have characters and an outline! :D

I think this might end up being a december nano instead of a november one.... *hides*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #869 on: November 11, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »
NaNoWriMo has eaten my soul, anyone?
3341 and yes it's eating your soul. I would like to make 1000 more... *Will see a friend tomorrow, write with an other friend Friday, and have a brunch Sunday, and is too slow in her chapters, and haaaaaaa ! - Loves the NaNo* :)