Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404657 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1215 on: January 10, 2016, 07:08:56 PM »
I was playing with my new watercolour set and made this as a birthday card for one of my best friends.

Over the ssss art museum Kiraly suggested to use masking fluid, so I had to try it. And accidentally a charming watercolour set jumped into my basket in the art supplies shop (hello, another expensive hobby). It's so much better quality than the old (20+ years) set, I'm in love with it!  :)

Oooohhh this is beautiful! I really want to try this out.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1216 on: January 11, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »
Oooooooh, very nice result, Helia ! :)
I think I used that (masking fluid ?) once at secondary school. You draw with that first ?

Thanks  :) I've never used masking fluid before (and I had advanced art classes back in school...). But it's really fun to use it.

It looks as though masking fluid produces the same effect as wax? One of my sons used to experiment with it, both for painting on heavy parchment-like paper and on sheets of paperbark. He would draw outlines on the paper with a bit of hard candlewax, then paint over it with watercolours. With the paperbark, which is quite soft on the inner side and easy to tear, he would rub in soft raw beeswax from my bees, which made a more blurred/soft effect but didn't tear the paperbark, then paint over it.

Yes, it's similar. The whole topic came up because I used wax and wasn't satisfied with the result. (it wasn't quite smooth on the uneven surface of the paper)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1217 on: January 11, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
Look look! I finished that mini-comic I was talking about way back in November ;D

[tumblr link]

(I'm not sure I actually edited anything after I got feedback on the first three pages, oops. The first page has started to bother me.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:59:27 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1218 on: January 11, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »
Look look! I finished that mini-comic I was talking about way back in November ;D

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This is so cool!!!! I love it! It's an interesting story, can't wait to hear more!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »
*Happy to see Piney's masked characters* :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »
Piney, this comic is so cool and funny! I love the characters. Do you plan on doing more with them (sorry if you answered earlier...)?

On an unrelated note, what size are those images? My computer has slowed down to a crawl when scrolling through the page...
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1221 on: January 11, 2016, 08:06:17 PM »
long time ago I didn't colour like this (for more then 5 years years I used first)

basically this type of colouring is one layer only filled with a colour (mostly darker colour) then choose random colours for the different part and colour the lighter parts with that (blended with the background colour),
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1222 on: January 11, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »
I'd like to share some of my most recent art pieces, since they were all successful and I plan to put them in my portfolio.
The four assignments are mostly unrelated, except that they were assigned all at once and we could choose which piece we did for which deadline.

First, I had to draw a pair of shoes:

Second, I had to draw my feet:

Then a composition of toys (or in my case games):

And finally, my closet:
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1223 on: January 11, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »

Why can the sky see them there?  Why do they need another hour of daylight?  Why is he such a prankster?  It's a really nice comic.  ^-^  They also look really wet and cold now and I do not envy them.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1224 on: January 11, 2016, 08:53:31 PM »
I'd like to share some of my most recent art pieces, since they were all successful and I plan to put them in my portfolio.
The four assignments are mostly unrelated, except that they were assigned all at once and we could choose which piece we did for which deadline.

Man, you're right, these are really really good! :D What medium is this?
YEET

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1225 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:16 PM »
Thank you!! They're all in drawing pencil (HB, 3B and 6B) and colored pencil for the parts with color.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

HarrisWilkens

« Reply #1226 on: January 12, 2016, 12:47:35 AM »
Here are some things I drew on a trip.

The robots are probably my favorite part of this.

Probably my favorite out of the whole bunch, a fierce dwarf. Colored with colored pencil.

Here are some tree ladies.

Yeah, I know they legs are a bit too long.

With these I was attempting some action poses.

This is one I copied freehand, to see if I could.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1227 on: January 12, 2016, 12:55:35 AM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This is so cool!!!! I love it! It's an interesting story, can't wait to hear more!

Thank youuuu!

*Happy to see Piney's masked characters* :)

I knew you would be :D

Piney, this comic is so cool and funny! I love the characters. Do you plan on doing more with them (sorry if you answered earlier...)?

On an unrelated note, what size are those images? My computer has slowed down to a crawl when scrolling through the page...

Aaaa thank you!! I want to do a webcomic with them once I've had experience writing webcomics. I have a whole story planned n' stuff ;)

(They're 4658 x 6987 pixels, and the smallest one is 15.5 megabytes. They don't load too quickly on my computer.)

Why can the sky see them there?  Why do they need another hour of daylight?  Why is he such a prankster?  It's a really nice comic.  ^-^  They also look really wet and cold now and I do not envy them.

1. In their mythology/beliefs system, the sky is personified. In order for the sigil to affect the weather, it has to be in view of the sky.
2. They both need to get home so they need the daylight to see where they're going.
3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you!! I love when people ask questions like this because I know someone's genuinely interested and curious about my stories; it keeps me going ^-^ (And I'm glad I pulled off the 'cold & wet' look, haha)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1228 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:41 PM »
I did some art :D
In Krita~ 
It's all of the super duper team on the chat.  All Owl's amazing designs; they're a lot of fun to draw!  :D 
Spoiler: show

I gotta say, I'm loving krita. I drew a kitty for Minna, I drew a super team... It just works so well. \o/  I kinda drew them all on the same page, and I might make it into a proper thing eventually.  Anyways, yes. Enjoying digital art for once, now that I have something that works well. <3

ALso, oh my gosh, I have a lot of work to do to get as good as you guys. :'D  I haven't checked in here in so long, but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
Feel free to PM.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1229 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Um, I decided to draw a Jawa. (you know, the scavengers from Star Wars on Tatooine.)
\

And then one  of my friends had the bright idea of giving it a mouth...
Spoiler: show
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race