Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404778 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1020 on: October 27, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
Helloooo everybody!!

This is just a quick announcement to say that critiques and WIP pictures you’d like advice on now have their own place in their very own thread! Please keep future critique requests, critiques, and unfinished pieces in this one and avoid giving advice on art that hasn’t been specifically designated as OK to analyze. Thanks!!

* Curry strikes pose

Aaahahahaaaaa, I acted too quickly on this one and it's actually still in development. Sorry about that!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:12:47 PM by Curry »
YEET

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #1021 on: October 27, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Helloooo everybody!!

This is just a quick announcement to say that critiques and WIP pictures you’d like advice on now have their own place in their very own thread! Please keep future critique requests, critiques, and unfinished pieces in this one and avoid giving advice on art that hasn’t been specifically designated as OK to analyze. Thanks!!
Your link is broken.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1022 on: October 27, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
Just cause I feel the need to show off at the moment (I'm doing awful in maths so I need to remind myself that at least I can draw Pretty Well), here's a study that I did a month or two ago. It's actually a series of four drawings/paintings (what do you call them when they're digital??), and I used reference pictures for all of them. This one took maybe... two hours?? Some things are a bit wonky but the main point was to practice hands and light, which I definitely did

Well done on the light and the metal part of that bulb!
If you wonder, it's called a digital painting. :) The difference between drawing and painting is the thought process and visual language behind it: you create an image differently if you use lines to tell it than if you use gradients and flats (picture a three inches wide paintbrush versus a pencil... Can't use them in the same manner). Turns out the digital has tools that require both approaches. So the results are still drawings and paintings (and, you know, everything else possible).

Piney: I meant the corneal part of the eyes, not the entire eye shape. But no worry, I enjoy your character the way it is and my observations are purely informative and you have zero obligation to follow my advice. You do what you feel is right. :)
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1023 on: October 27, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
Piney: I meant the corneal part of the eyes, not the entire eye shape. But no worry, I enjoy your character the way it is and my observations are purely informative and you have zero obligation to follow my advice. You do what you feel is right. :)

Oh, I had actually thought the opposite eye's cornea was too big - they used to be the same size but I had to enlarge so it would touch both eyelids... ._.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1024 on: October 27, 2015, 08:22:46 PM »
Oh, I had actually thought the opposite eye's cornea was too big - they used to be the same size but I had to enlarge so it would touch both eyelids... ._.

People often have one eye that opens more than the other! So unless it altered the expression you were looking for, a slightly more opened eyelid shouldn't be an issue.  :D
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1025 on: October 28, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
Aaaaalright, take two!

We now have a specific thread for critiques and works in progress right here! Please keep unfinished pieces and requests for art help to this thread. Sorry for the initial false alarm :)
YEET

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1026 on: October 28, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »

Wow, that's amazing! I love how warm it looks, and how you can see the light slightly showing through the fingers. Urg, this reminds me that I really need to start learning how to paint.

And Piney, I loooove that portrait. Seriously. That expression is great, it's so innocent.

I actually drew this a couple weeks ago(as you can tell from the date), and kept forgetting to post it. Naturally, it looked better 2 weeks ago. Just a random girl, looking sad(?).
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1027 on: October 29, 2015, 01:48:45 AM »
And Piney, I loooove that portrait. Seriously. That expression is great, it's so innocent.

I actually drew this a couple weeks ago(as you can tell from the date), and kept forgetting to post it. Naturally, it looked better 2 weeks ago. Just a random girl, looking sad(?).

Thank you!! ^-^

I really like the face and hair on your drawing, it's really pretty :)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1028 on: October 29, 2015, 07:52:52 AM »

Your pencil work is so soft and delicate! I also really like how the face is rendered.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1029 on: October 29, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »

Sigrid I really like this! It makes me feel very warm and hopeful. I love the way you did the light here.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1030 on: October 29, 2015, 09:59:31 PM »
Two more inktobers, featuring families:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1031 on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »

OOOOOOOHH the mask people have families!!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1032 on: October 29, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »

Families are the best. And everybody has their own masks AAAAHHHHH I'm now dying to know what purpose the masks serve in this world

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1033 on: October 30, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »
OOOOOOOHH the mask people have families!!!

No, they're both orphans
I love creating families for my characters, it makes them more real to me :)

Families are the best. And everybody has their own masks AAAAHHHHH I'm now dying to know what purpose the masks serve in this world

You noticed! Hehehe I really wish I could tell you... ;)

Mélusine

« Reply #1034 on: October 30, 2015, 06:27:26 AM »
And everybody has their own masks AAAAHHHHH I'm now dying to know what purpose the masks serve in this world
*Shares mithrysc's reaction*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: