Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404730 times)

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1005 on: October 24, 2015, 12:01:47 AM »
Oooh, very nice Piney! I like the sense of volume this picture gives, and that hair is really well done!
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1006 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »
Here's a thing!

aaahh nice dragon!!! love this dragon, and the colours of it O:

waitwaitwait is this marshmellow?? or that kid with the lantern?? looks super hecka neato either way, especially the hair O: O:
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1007 on: October 24, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »
Oooh, very nice Piney! I like the sense of volume this picture gives, and that hair is really well done!

Thank you! ^v^

waitwaitwait is this marshmellow?? or that kid with the lantern?? looks super hecka neato either way, especially the hair O: O:

It's lantern guy! Funny how you're both commenting on the hair when it's actually my least favorite part that I did last :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1008 on: October 24, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
aaahh nice dragon!!! love this dragon, and the colours of it O:
Yay! Thank you!  ;D
Here's a little self-portrait I did on my maths packet:

Sorry it's a little fuzzy about the face.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Oxi

• Tumblr
  • Southern Hemisphere kid.
  • Preferred pronouns: He, him, his, etc.
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »

I accidentally created an OC yesterday :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:36:36 AM by Wintermute »
https://instagram.com/talvi.oxi/

Native Language: :spain:
Fluent: :uk:
Okay: :sweden: :finland:
Trying: :romania: :southkorea:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #1010 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
Boredom at university (more or less good sketches from recent few weeks):
Spoiler: show

The portraits were drawn from photos stolen from quickposes.com, because I wasn't in the mood to stare at other people like a weirdo for prolonged periods of time.

I hope one day I'll be able to draw something like this, until then, I have to doodle stuff in my sketchbook.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1011 on: October 26, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
I accidentally created an OC yesterday :P
I like the "accidentally" ::)
Why am I thinking to a Middle-Age universe ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Oxi

• Tumblr
  • Southern Hemisphere kid.
  • Preferred pronouns: He, him, his, etc.
« Reply #1012 on: October 26, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »
I like the "accidentally" ::)
Why am I thinking to a Middle-Age universe ?

To be honest, I was quite imagining some sort of herbalist-alchemist profession for her! So you might be a bit quite sort of right :PP

Middle-Age, high fantasy universe
https://instagram.com/talvi.oxi/

Native Language: :spain:
Fluent: :uk:
Okay: :sweden: :finland:
Trying: :romania: :southkorea:

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1013 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:37 AM »
I finally finished another digital painting of my character! Different one this time.

That's such a sweet portrait... The character looks fragile, stubborn and relatable, I like that!
EDIT: I just figured your character's portrait reminds me of Beth in The Walking Dead. Something in the innocent upward stare.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:08:46 AM by Smirty »
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1014 on: October 27, 2015, 04:27:44 AM »
That's such a sweet portrait... The character looks fragile, stubborn and relatable, I like that!
EDIT: I just figured your character's portrait reminds me of Beth in The Walking Dead. Something in the innocent upward stare.

Aww, thank you! Those are actually... very accurate adjectives to describe him... :O
My character's a guy if you couldn't tell, and I've never seen The Walking Dead, but I totally see that comparison.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1015 on: October 27, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »
Aww, thank you! Those are actually... very accurate adjectives to describe him... :O
My character's a guy if you couldn't tell, and I've never seen The Walking Dead, but I totally see that comparison.

Well, he looks vert androgynous and very young (I would give him between 12-14, just beginning to turn into a young man). Based on the physiognomy alone he could be either a young man or a young woman with a potentially low voice.
In any case the art is sensitive and I like it. It really tells a story.
Oh, I just noticed his left eye is somewhat significantly smaller than his right. May or may not be worth a quick adjustment. ;)
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1016 on: October 27, 2015, 05:13:43 AM »
Just cause I feel the need to show off at the moment (I'm doing awful in maths so I need to remind myself that at least I can draw Pretty Well), here's a study that I did a month or two ago. It's actually a series of four drawings/paintings (what do you call them when they're digital??), and I used reference pictures for all of them. This one took maybe... two hours?? Some things are a bit wonky but the main point was to practice hands and light, which I definitely did

P__

« Reply #1017 on: October 27, 2015, 06:09:18 AM »
Snip
Well no worries, you can draw both pretty and well :)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1018 on: October 27, 2015, 06:11:18 AM »
Just cause I feel the need to show off at the moment (I'm doing awful in maths so I need to remind myself that at least I can draw Pretty Well), here's a study that I did a month or two ago. It's actually a series of four drawings/paintings (what do you call them when they're digital??), and I used reference pictures for all of them. This one took maybe... two hours?? Some things are a bit wonky but the main point was to practice hands and light, which I definitely did

Oh, wow! The light looks amazing and I like the concept of the lightbulb glowing on it's own :D
Maths can be pretty rough, but hang in there :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1019 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
Well, he looks vert androgynous and very young (I would give him between 12-14, just beginning to turn into a young man). Based on the physiognomy alone he could be either a young man or a young woman with a potentially low voice.
In any case the art is sensitive and I like it. It really tells a story.
Oh, I just noticed his left eye is somewhat significantly smaller than his right. May or may not be worth a quick adjustment. ;)

He's supposed to be older than that - he's just rather feminine-looking. (I'm not saying his actual age because I don't want criticism and think it looks fine)
Also, I measured it and I don't think it's significant... They're the same size longways so the height is... dare I say not as important? I actually have eyes like this, where my right eye is noticeably narrower than my left. It used to be a lot rounder but it just wouldn't stop looking weird to me so I thinned it down.
((Sorry, I know you meant it well, I just tweaked those eyes a whole lot to get them how I wanted, but thank you!))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:45:57 AM by Piney »