Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404853 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #870 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »
*jumps on the spam-the-art-museum bandwagon*

Spoiler: Sketchesss • show

(how does that cloak work who knows)

Clearly, the cloak works just because it wants to be cool!  ;D  I like the headdress and the trim on the tunicy skirt thing.  Snazzy.

Martti: I would say you did a really good job painting.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #871 on: September 17, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »
Finished the skin on my painting, so I come bearing another WIP - dang, this is taking so long.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #872 on: September 17, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »
The only mistake I can see is that the right earring might be defying gravity with that inclination angle.

Otherwise it looks pretty good.
not the earring, the earring could stand like this, I have this earring, it is long and can stuck to the shoulder so it can look like it is flying like that (maybe shadow of it on the shoulder would fix that)
I meant the jaw and mouth, it goes too much to the left

Martti: I would say you did a really good job painting.
thanks, I really enjoy this new brushes I got/made on sai.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #873 on: September 17, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »
Kick: those mabels are really nice actually! much better than mine - I did the same thing once, drawing the pines twins in class without references, never having drawn them before..... the attempts were p retty bad. why are they so hard to draw what the heck

Martti: whoa, that looks really nice! I really like the shading on the hair, really good brush you got there.

Jethan: lovely sketches! You have a very cool style and nice flow! you have a tendency to draw very similar face shapes though, if you ever want OCs that are easier to distinguish from one another, maybe you could try some variation on that front? :3c

mithrysc: aaaaaaah!! love them. that cloak makes perfect sense to me except maybe the lacking backside that I guess would be visible between the legs

Piney: nice progress!

speaking of drawing the pines kids, I've improved a lot since my first Mabel. you see, our dear SectoBoss has written a Gravity Falls roaring 20s AU, and Mabel has gold teeth instead of braces and I just had to draw that ok

Spoiler: sepia edition • show

phew, it's been a while since I tried this art style!
you'll know where to find me.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #874 on: September 17, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »
you have a tendency to draw very similar face shapes though...
My sisters tell me that all the time. T_T I am artistically DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

I don't know anything about Gravity Falls, but I like your drawing and how sparkly it is, her hair, and the design of the dress.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #875 on: September 17, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »
I am really not good with comic and comic movements, like character's moving and such thing, but I am kind of proud of this i did today

Spoiler: second part of the comic, not important • show

I don't want to spam here with hetalia, so I am sorry, but I barely draw else then hetalia (mostly AUs) or SSSS (lately)
Spoiler: explanation for this • show
this is a hetalia AU, with Finland and Norway and Slave and master, Finland also blind here. the grey is the present, red is the memories/past events. this is from an AU askblog

I still love my brush, it can make really cool painting effect, like I posted before, but also good to make some simple BGs, if anyone interested, I can post the settings to get it on sai (I dunno where to post that then)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #876 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:09 PM »
mithrysc: aaaaaaah!! love them. that cloak makes perfect sense to me except maybe the lacking backside that I guess would be visible between the legs

Oh...uh...oops. Good point. *flails* "it's an avant-garde design that has a large triangular piece cut out of the back thus reducing its practicality as an actual cloak."

(you know, I actually remember thinking while drawing that that I should remember to draw the back of the cloak in. Heh.)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #877 on: September 17, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
this is a trans girl wanna be

Aha! Ha! Um! I don't know if you were intending to be offensive or humorous or what, but the phrase "trans girl wanna be" is kind of really degrading-sounding and! That would probably be better to not say in the future (or ever).

Sorry if that sounds kind of furious but a lot of my friends have been harassed/bullied with very similar phrases in the past so I'm rather combative about things like that
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #878 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:54 AM »
I'm doooone! *wipes sweat off brow*

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #879 on: September 18, 2015, 04:03:19 AM »

Whoa this is brilliant! She looks so real. :o
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #880 on: September 18, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »

This is absolutely beautiful, Piney!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #881 on: September 18, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »

Hey, it's the mask-girl! ...I think? I was wondering how exactly her hair worked when I drew her.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #882 on: September 18, 2015, 03:38:07 PM »

I wow thing pretty wow that.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #883 on: September 18, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
Whoa this is brilliant! She looks so real. :o
This is absolutely beautiful, Piney!!

Thank you both so much! ;D

Hey, it's the mask-girl! ...I think? I was wondering how exactly her hair worked when I drew her.

It is! Although I didn't quite get the resemblance I wanted... I don't even know where I was going when I design hers and mask-boy's haircuts. His is still a mystery to me.

I wow thing pretty wow that.

I don't even know how to comprehend that but thank you! :D

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #884 on: September 18, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »

Wow. Mad skills and hard work there, Piney!
And the lighting of the eyes....Wow.