Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404739 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #780 on: September 05, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »

I already told you this is brilliant but nothing's gonna stop me from repeating myself, this is brilliant, an under sea unicorn!  :D

My merpersona is a whale shark. :P And because I like to paint several pictures at a same time so I can paint while I wait for other paintings to dry, several merpersona paintings happened.

Imagine a donut in front of me and you know much about my life.

This last one happened because Haiz mentioned putting my merpersona in a kimono, apparently the art reflex is mildly contagious.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #781 on: September 05, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
What could you have been if it wasn't a narwhal ? ^^ I really like the tiny details, the necklace, the fascination for watches, the tattoo.
eee thank you! the other options I considered before I was made aware of narwhals were: jellyfish, sea pancake/stingray, or some actual colourful fish because colourssss. I do think it's healthy for me to limit my pallette because otherwise it'll end up like my witchsona. Jellyfish would've turned my sona wayy to elegant and pretty, and a stingray would've been too cool for me. Narwhals are just the right amount of dorky :3

This last one happened because Haiz mentioned putting my merpersona in a kimono, apparently the art reflex is mildly contagious.
eeee I love the shark whale mermaid!! stillimpressed by the pattern.
and what i REALLY said about kimonos was "so far i'm just imagining your mersona as a whale shark in a kimono" ehehe
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #782 on: September 05, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »
Oop I forgot about mermaidsonas!! I'm gonna do that thing too! :0 Haiz that's super cool and Laufey, I'm going to be a shark too :D I'm torn between a bigeye thresher, marbled catshark, and a tiger shark, but I really have to get started on that, ehehe...
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #783 on: September 05, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
Ahem... I always visit this thread to check out all the amazing art, but I never post anything, so hi! :D

I saw Haiz and Piney's wonderful attempts at Minna Sundberg's style and decided that I wanted to try too.

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #784 on: September 05, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »

Whaaaa this is so good and so pretty! Especially impressive since it's not digital :O

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #785 on: September 05, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »
Wait where did this mermaid sona thing come from? How do so many people know about it? What is going on?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #786 on: September 05, 2015, 05:02:44 PM »
Wait where did this mermaid sona thing come from? How do so many people know about it? What is going on?
it's a tumblr thing! if you click the link in my post, that's the announcement. on tumblr there are many events such as this, like "witchsona week" or "gemsona week" and what have you. nothing official, just someone thinking it would be cool if everyone drew themself as a witch or a mermaid, and putting it in a designated tag!

Oop I forgot about mermaidsonas!! I'm gonna do that thing too! :0 Haiz that's super cool and Laufey, I'm going to be a shark too :D I'm torn between a bigeye thresher, marbled catshark, and a tiger shark, but I really have to get started on that, ehehe...
hahaha it's on your blog I saw the announcement. join ussssss

this is really pretty! I think you got the eyes and nose down :3
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #787 on: September 05, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
I have to say I'm astonished by your drawings "at Minna's style" : they're amazing ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #788 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »
it's a tumblr thing! if you click the link in my post, that's the announcement. on tumblr there are many events such as this, like "witchsona week" or "gemsona week" and what have you. nothing official, just someone thinking it would be cool if everyone drew themself as a witch or a mermaid, and putting it in a designated tag!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes so much more sense now. Thank you!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #789 on: September 05, 2015, 05:55:56 PM »
Speedpaint. No fox and hoodie today, sorry - but have a Spike Spiegel instead.

*is working on comic as well as stressing about insurance and uni schedules and books and aaargh*

So speedpaint was necessary. Also Minna is right. Comic making isn't work. All this adult real-life stuff is.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Mélusine

« Reply #790 on: September 05, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »
Speedpaint. No fox and hoodie today, sorry - but have a Spike Spiegel instead.
I recognize him ! :D And I have "Blue" stuck in my head now...

Also Minna is right. Comic making isn't work. All this adult real-life stuff is.
Nngh -__-
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #791 on: September 05, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
Trying to get back on tracks!
So here, two drawings made today.

I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #792 on: September 05, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »
I HEARD MERMAIDS SO HERE HAVE A MERMAID

Based off of the Atlantic Spotted Dolphin because they look cool and having a mammalian tail makes a whole lot more sense than a fishy one even if we're talking about mythical creatures ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #793 on: September 06, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »
I... I don't know. I just can't stop for some reason. Digital art this time.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #794 on: September 06, 2015, 02:37:01 AM »

So pretty and painterly! Very convincing mimicry of watercolor for digital, if I do say so myself :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: