Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404796 times)

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #765 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »
Spess!
Um. Maybe a little redder, and less fading-out-y? Like, it should still be pretty bright at the edge of the frame, instead of going all the way to black.

Actually yeah the fade to black might be the worst offender, going to try a fade to grayish-orange.

This is going to be an epic sci-fi comic, right?  With lots of planet shots?

Yes, this might become a sci-fi comic somedaytm but for now it's just me worldbuilding.
----

By the way, this is the current main character concept:

Spoiler: Xenoarchaologist Amanda Marson • show

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:58:43 PM by John Candlebury »

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #766 on: September 03, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
First off, guys, I just want to commend you on drawing awesome space stuff. I am a very big fan of awesome space stuff.

A WIP of what I'm doing right now

Spoiler: SPESS • show

Mostly posting it to ask if someone has any Idea of how to shade the floor behind the window, because I really cant figure it out.

I cannot help you (I need waaaay more practice with lighting), but I want you to know that I think the layout of this is gorgeous.

By the way, this is the current main character concept:

Spoiler: Xenoarchaologist Amanda Marson • show

And she's adorable. I love your style! Her teeth/expression and hair are awesome.

Spoiler: Recent sketches • show

I also had a bit of an art block recently, so I had to use my personal recovery method:
Spoiler: When in doubt, draw a starship, or in this case, an orbital fighter • show

All of your little spacevehicles are lovely! I love the pencil ones on the first page. And your faces are very nice, too! The king in particular is very well done.
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #767 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:05 AM »
So I drew this thing (mostly because Piney's mask characters reminded me of my own mask character and reminded me that I love him). Also because I needed to practice shading and also because I need to practice drawing people in relation to backgrounds. I drew it on a photo a friend gave me because a.)he said I should try drawing something on top of a photo!!! b.) I didn't have time to draw my own bg.
Spoiler: show

Also, important to note, my handwriting in that speech bubble is unintelligible on purpose. Mask guy (his name is Heron) is deaf and has had limited human contact. Norah (redhead) can't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. I write his speech with my left hand.

:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #768 on: September 04, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
An other mask character ! :D
How many of us have one, I'm wondering... ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #769 on: September 04, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »
So I drew this thing (mostly because Piney's mask characters reminded me of my own mask character and reminded me that I love him). Also because I needed to practice shading and also because I need to practice drawing people in relation to backgrounds. I drew it on a photo a friend gave me because a.)he said I should try drawing something on top of a photo!!! b.) I didn't have time to draw my own bg.

Also, important to note, my handwriting in that speech bubble is unintelligible on purpose. Mask guy (his name is Heron) is deaf and has had limited human contact. Norah (redhead) can't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. I write his speech with my left hand.

I have a Heron also! (it was originally just his working name so I'd have something other to call him than "twin brother" but maybe it'll stick)
Spoiler: Other Heron • show

what is going on with his leg who knows

I've barely drawn anything of him or his world, though...

Also I've been having fun with color pencils lately.

Spoiler: colored sketchdump, otherwise known as "look I finally started scanning things in" • show

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #770 on: September 04, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
Spoiler: colored sketchdump, otherwise known as "look I finally started scanning things in" • show

Oh my gods these are all so pretty!! And all the colors works so well! wow
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Mélusine

« Reply #771 on: September 04, 2015, 02:24:05 PM »
Did I said I really love your drawings, mithrysc ? I assume, but, well : I love your drawings.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #772 on: September 04, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »

Another mask guy, yay! The colors of the characters go really well with the colors of the photo.

And Mith, those are such pretty sketches!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #773 on: September 05, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
The reason I haven't slept the last two nights:

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #774 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »

The hair is beautiful,Vi! And I love the color of that dress. But you should be getting sleep!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »

So fwooshy! I love your colour choices. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »

The images aren't displaying for me. :(

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2015, 10:53:21 AM »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #778 on: September 05, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »
Miss Honeyham: THAT iS REALLY COOL and i like your characters a lot already! your style is adorable!! I think Heron's foot is maybe a little weird though

mithrysc: eeeEEE i like your things so much. i found your art blog thingie and then scrolled through the whole thing and aaaa so cool! plus your signature is really really neat

Viola: SO MUCH fWOOSHY HAIR it's beautiful
also I just realized yours and Ana's avatars are kinda similar so I thought it was ana's art at first?? which was confusing because it's viola style

today in Haiz draws hirself again: narwhalsona for mermaid week! (slightly nsfw link)

I never turn down a sona challenge
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #779 on: September 05, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
today in Haiz draws hirself again: narwhalsona for mermaid week! (slightly nsfw link)

I never turn down a sona challenge
What could you have been if it wasn't a narwhal ? ^^ I really like the tiny details, the necklace, the fascination for watches, the tattoo.