Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404841 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
aaahhhh such cool art all around, me likey!

here, have some of mine:

I was doing something else but then it stressed me out so much that I drew this as a stress-relief doodle that kinda grew and grew
i have no idea what it's supposed to be, btw, i think i was going for a guy in a tank filled with flowing water?? but i'm not sure if i succeeded
oh well it was a doodle anyway

guYS I AM IN LOVE
So this long haired bishounen is a character from this webcomic called Hemlock, which I just recently read in one sitting. Don't let the gentle exterior fool ya, this guy's kinda nasty. And awesome, I mean come OOON his name is Simo(named after Simo Häyhä) and he's a goddamned witch king and his hair is so long and I love drawing it did I mention I love drawing long hair so SO much and it's actually supposed to have drops of dew in the hair but I was too lazy

...krhm, sorry. It's just, I kinda fell in love with the hair. It's long. It's flowy. It's gorgeous. I couldn't help myself

Oooh, nice! The long hair looks especially gorgeous! So fluid and slick what shampoo does he use! Great work! =D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »
Soooo...
I'm curious.
I was unsure where to post this, but there's been an idea bouncing around my head for a very long time now, and I'd like to see if anybody is interested. The idea is for a project commonly known as The Exquisite Beast. The first iteration of it I've found is by the amazing Evan Dahm and his friend Yuko Ata. The concept is that two people collaborate, taking turns "evolving" a creature to suit various habitats, slowly transforming it in strange ways while keeping previous incarnations in mind. You can find their version of the project here (scroll to the bottom): http://exquisitebeast.tumblr.com/page/11

So I wonder - would anybody be interested in trying this out with me? I'd like to get back into drawing more, and fantastic creatures is one of the areas I'd consider a forte of mine. I'm just uncertain if I should make this into an event, or how many people to involve, or what... I'm not that great at organizing, honestly. So, uh, ideas?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »
Soooo...
I'm curious.
I was unsure where to post this, but there's been an idea bouncing around my head for a very long time now, and I'd like to see if anybody is interested. The idea is for a project commonly known as The Exquisite Beast. The first iteration of it I've found is by the amazing Evan Dahm and his friend Yuko Ata. The concept is that two people collaborate, taking turns "evolving" a creature to suit various habitats, slowly transforming it in strange ways while keeping previous incarnations in mind. You can find their version of the project here (scroll to the bottom): http://exquisitebeast.tumblr.com/page/11

So I wonder - would anybody be interested in trying this out with me? I'd like to get back into drawing more, and fantastic creatures is one of the areas I'd consider a forte of mine. I'm just uncertain if I should make this into an event, or how many people to involve, or what... I'm not that great at organizing, honestly. So, uh, ideas?

well im always up for cool stuff

heres a direct link to the post here you go i helped a little

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #633 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »
Soooo...
I'm curious.

I think it would be interesting to draw at least one monster, I could probably use the practice for it.  Dragons are the most monstrous things I ever draw.

Sumeri: Your doodle succeeded because it is shiny.  I like the watery light.  And the colors. And the subtle cheekbone shading.
The long hair doodle, even in a simple doodle your hair turns out really well.  I can sense the weight of it.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #634 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:13 AM »
anyway before i go to sleep heres some more art of my oc

sketch and finished version since i wanted to try out the whole thin lineart thing i guess (plus the thing where u color the lines)

*points* fave
(she's a reality jumper, if you want a little context)

i got hit by an attack of "my art is awful and nobody likes it and everyone who says nice things about it is just humoring me" while i was drawing this. joy

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #635 on: August 07, 2015, 06:41:12 AM »
i got hit by an attack of "my art is awful and nobody likes it and everyone who says nice things about it is just humoring me" while i was drawing this. joy
[/quote]

No no no. Stop that right now, it's not true at all! I think everyone has potential and can improve with enough time and practice. You should see my art from five years back, it's awful! A little encouragement never hurt. If you just keep at it you will get better. =D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #636 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »

Just a little birthday gift for fukkafyla, his Gray Warden design from DA Origins (no, I'm still not done stealing Mucha's style).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #637 on: August 07, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »

ooooooooooooooh my gosh. i. swoons at the hair. it's so beautiful and flowy and woops i have to read that webcomic now. and the underwater thing, the colours and the underwater FEEL and aaaaa

!!!
i for one genuinely like your art? but maybe i dont count since im weirdo art history student that goes !!! at pretty much all art ever, but hey you're 13 and your art is evolving at rapid speed and holy heck you're drawing backgrounds. and shading!! I like your use of colours, but on the background the red is clashing a bit with your character, so it might be an idea to colour your backgrounds less intrusively maybe.

I don't DA but I really appreciate your muchaing. the ornaments are SO PRETTY and the character looks rly rly cool!!!

I hAVE ARTS TOO HELLO
m'not sure if you remember that Moldavite gemsona I drew a while back, but I realized I don't have a gemsona based on myself, and... I think I'd be Moldavite. so I haizified the design a little:

I mean they don't look quite like me but I don't want a magesona: gem edition, but an independent character on its own.

and I'm maybe joining Curry in their current gem fusion drawing hell, or at least joining a ride for a fusion between Moldavite and Curry's Serendibite. This is not the final design since it's only my version so far, but here's Maw Sit Sit the hippie gem:

(my idea for their weapon is GRAPPLING HOOK CROSSBOW. because vltavin has a bow and serendibite has scissors)

and that is not all. have a small sketchspam under this here spoiler
Spoiler: show

this is the story of how I wanted to draw an Ivysaur and failed completely

random doodle person that looks like an OC??
(+ a tiny mage!haiz)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:48:24 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #638 on: August 07, 2015, 03:29:40 PM »
She looks like Sigrun and Reynir's love child

Loving all the art you guys post here, it really helps with keeping me in an artsy mood *which often is eaten by the must watch online cartoons addiction*

And Laufey and Sumeri: your art is gorgeous, as always! You really know how to hand each of your respected mediums so well!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #639 on: August 07, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
Some people in the chat have seen this earlier. I'm just going to post it here, too, for your viewing pleasure...

WIP shot. It still isn't finished. Maybe after mural, birthday presents, trade off, and commission are done, I will get back to it... *this ninja has a bad habit of overworking on unnecessary things during holidays*

Am notified of private messages via email.

Lainer3

« Reply #640 on: August 07, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
So this finally happened...

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #641 on: August 07, 2015, 06:06:39 PM »
So this finally happened...

EEEEEEEEE it is soooo pretty!!!! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #642 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »
Some people in the chat have seen this earlier. I'm just going to post it here, too, for your viewing pleasure...

WIP shot. It still isn't finished. Maybe after mural, birthday presents, trade off, and commission are done, I will get back to it... *this ninja has a bad habit of overworking on unnecessary things during holidays*

Oooooooh, you're working on a chiaroscuro ? :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #643 on: August 07, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »
oohhhh Lenny, that is awesome! I just love the atmosphere you created!

I did stuff again, it's not done but here's some pics of the process:

Alright so I said this isn't done but I dunno, I'm not quite sure how to continue. Maybe I'll leave it like that, this is supposed to be a learning experience anyway :D Painting landscapes is turning out to be quite fun, even tho I don't always know what the heck is it I'm trying to do

Also, I seem to have developed a weird obsession for caves and stones. And purple.
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »

Bloodborne?

In any case it LOOKS GREAT.