Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404808 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #495 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »
i almost completely overlooked the fact that it's july now
have a mermaid witch with a... seal familiar? looks more like an underwater cat

.......and i guess this means I've been in Prague for a month now. wow time goes fast

D'aww, that seal. Of course a tan seal with ears reminds me immediately of Ville...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #496 on: July 01, 2015, 12:18:34 PM »
Haiz: ahahah that's beautiful! I love how you did the seal ''Ville-ish'' :D

Now, the strange WIP i did is complete. Ahahahah 2 days to do this :'D
Well, at least I tried

Based on the song ''Wolf Bite'' because he's a wolf?? Such cutie dang it xD
I'm super original with fur things, backgrounds and drawing his hair! [/sarcasm] (no seriously, it's a pain drawing all of that)
So yeah, that's all.
[/fangirl]

Spoiler: show
I'll probably start now doing the crew as furries. They're:
Lalli: Cat (wich one? probably... I dunno. help)
Emil: German shepherd(?)
Tuuri: Bunny
Reynir: Sheep get it?
Sigrun: Tiger (probably the white species~)
Mikkel: Bear
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Synæsthesia

• It's definitely one or the other.
« Reply #497 on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
Some of my older game art in the Unreal Development Kit:

My people:
My languages:

"What the immigrant tries to forget, the grandson tries to recover." M. Hansen

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #498 on: July 01, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
i almost completely overlooked the fact that it's july now
have a mermaid witch with a... seal familiar? looks more like an underwater cat

.......and i guess this means I've been in Prague for a month now. wow time goes fast
This is the first time I've remembered to change to the new month the first day... Also I love this! My birth month has a merwitch :')
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Mysterious, yes, you know that's what I go for. I think you all should learn though that I'm incredibly tight-lipped. :D
All the more time for us to discuss pronouns ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #500 on: July 01, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »
This is the first time I've remembered to change to the new month the first day... Also I love this! My birth month has a merwitch :')
YOU ARE WELCOME, whenever I visit someone who owns one of my calendars (which is surprisingly often *hair flip*) I usually have to change the page myself. page turner of calendars is me. my duty

Piney and Red Cloud, ooooh wow you're right, how didn't I see that. I drew this way back in November, though, so I didn't even have a clue about artd's existence yet O: but thank you ^_______^

also yo nice arts you guys
you'll know where to find me.

Synæsthesia

« Reply #501 on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:58 PM »
Another one of my old game environments in UDK:

My people:
My languages:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #502 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »
Some of my older game art in the Unreal Development Kit:

I love the colors; it looks gorgeous! *_*
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Synæsthesia

« Reply #503 on: July 01, 2015, 10:11:06 PM »
Thanks! It was actually a gift for my in-laws last Christmas. I had it printed up on canvas for them:

I've been tempted to remake it in Unreal 4 to get a better renderer for the foliage.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:17:33 PM by Synæsthesia »

My people:
My languages:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #504 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »
Thanks! It was actually a gift for my in-laws last Christmas. I had it printed up on canvas for them:

I've been tempted to remake it in Unreal 4 to get a better renderer for the foliage.

Wait. You made all these? How?! They're amazing! And when you say games, does that mean you make video games?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Synæsthesia

« Reply #505 on: July 02, 2015, 12:55:01 PM »
>You made all these? How?!

I made everything you see there in 3D Studio Max and Photoshop, after which I imported the models and textures into UDK and set up materials, lighting, model placement, etc.

>They're amazing!

Thanks! :)

>And when you say games, does that mean you make video games?

That's exactly what I do, yes.

My people:
My languages:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #506 on: July 02, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »
They're all amazing Synæsthesia!!! <3 Are there any well-known games in particular that you've worked on?  :)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Synæsthesia

« Reply #507 on: July 02, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
I worked on Command & Conquer: Renegade in 2002. After that, I took a break and went to college to study game design. The games I make are now for the US Army, so most of it isn't stuff I can talk about here. But we are making side-projects in our spare time, like a Smash Brothers inspired game for PC using Unity 5. When the concepting is finished and I start building the environments for it, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Speaking of new games, has anyone seen the power of Unreal 4? What a gorgeous engine that is. I could play with it forever. Well, at least until the next version is out. :)

That F-16 is a model I built at the office, but it's loaded inside of Unreal 4 with a custom hangar environment that I'm not quite finished with yet. I don't know if anyone here is interested in military vehicles, but I've got quite a lot of them in my art library.

My people:
My languages:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #508 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
I worked on Command & Conquer: Renegade in 2002. After that, I took a break and went to college to study game design. The games I make are now for the US Army, so most of it isn't stuff I can talk about here. But we are making side-projects in our spare time, like a Smash Brothers inspired game for PC using Unity 5. When the concepting is finished and I start building the environments for it, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Speaking of new games, has anyone seen the power of Unreal 4? What a gorgeous engine that is. I could play with it forever. Well, at least until the next version is out. :)

That F-16 is a model I built at the office, but it's loaded inside of Unreal 4 with a custom hangar environment that I'm not quite finished with yet. I don't know if anyone here is interested in military vehicles, but I've got quite a lot of them in my art library.

Ah ha ha, wait till you hear from all the military vehicle enthusiasts here.  (I'm not necessarily one of them, but I am interested in logistics and anything that helps provide some real-world parallels for SSSS.)

You've already seen the military, aerospace, and 3D modeling threads, but are you familiar with the Cattank thread?  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=103.0  And probably anyone who's speculated about the Fall of Kastrup (with all those Danish mega-mechas) is going to look up alertly when you share some models...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »

You worked at Westwood Studios? Wow. What did you do for C&C Renegade?

Nice render, by the way - I almost mistook it for an actual photo. I'm interested to see your other work.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany: