Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404828 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #420 on: June 21, 2015, 12:21:47 AM »
PORTRAITURE PLEASE but whatever you want to do please don't feel pressured whatever you're comfortable with. *tries to act nonchalant*

Like in my paintings or something simpler? I haven't done any realistic work since I left school

EDIT: I/we should make a thread for tutorials if the idea's popular enough, instead of posting here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:41:38 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #421 on: June 21, 2015, 04:39:13 AM »
EDIT: I/we should make a thread for tutorials if the idea's popular enough, instead of posting here.

I vote YES for a tutorial thread, that's a brilliant idea!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #422 on: June 21, 2015, 04:52:24 AM »
Yeah, people keep asking about my weirdo colouring methods, so I would definitely be up to taking some screencaps of what the heck I'm doing if we get a tutorial thread!

Also I feel really bad about not having commented on anything here for a long time, I keep thinking I'll do it once I have some new non-ssss art to post but thaat... Keeps not happening, for some reason. but I want you to know all of the things in this thread are absolutely fantastic, I love seeing your characters and styles and different mediums and aaaaaaaaa I love art so much and you're so great
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #423 on: June 21, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »
*gasps*
that would be amazing
TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS. I can't think of anything specific, so just something you feel comfortable with!
Oh okay! Sure! I definitely will contribute then. However, I'll repeat what piney said, what do the people want
YEET

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #424 on: June 21, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »
Oh okay! Sure! I definitely will contribute then. However, I'll repeat what piney said, what do the people want

Whatever, really but I have trouble with shading and perspective if anyone can help with that
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #425 on: June 21, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »
And how would the tutorial to be delivered? Pre-rendered video? Livestream? Or just the regular text based tutorial with screenshots?

@AuthorOfLight A tutorial in perspective would definitely be great! I can draw foreshortening well enough but my perspectives almost never look that good  :(
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #426 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:45 AM »
Whatever, really but I have trouble with shading and perspective if anyone can help with that

ooh yes shading I can help with that! perspective is a touch wonky for me and I'm never quite sure of what I'm doing, so perhaps someone other than me can cover that tutorial ahaha

And how would the tutorial to be delivered? Pre-rendered video? Livestream? Or just the regular text based tutorial with screenshots?
I would  think that it would be up to the tutorial-maker. I've done some stuff in livestreams (I remember a leg breakdown for heart in one of mine) but I didn't save or record it and I'm pretty sure that I would end up preferring to do the tex and screenshot style most.
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #427 on: June 21, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »
Perspective, lighting, shading, coloring,... The list is endless.

I know Haiz has already made that one, but it would be fun to include in the new thread a more detailed fwoosh tutorial. :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #428 on: June 21, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
Perspective, lighting, shading, coloring,... The list is endless.

I know Haiz has already made that one, but it would be fun to include in the new thread a more detailed fwoosh tutorial. :)

I'd be glad to participate in fwooshing! I'm all for having lots of different people do the same subject so that you can pick and choose elements from different styles :0
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #429 on: June 21, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
I'd be glad to participate in fwooshing! I'm all for having lots of different people do the same subject so that you can pick and choose elements from different styles :0

That's a really great idea!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #430 on: June 21, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »
That's a really great idea!!

Ahhh thank you! Also, linking is difficult since I am on mobile, but piney made the thread, so for future requests and such head over there, not here, so we don't anger the forum gods.
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
Ah yeah, here's the new tutorial thread for those of you interested!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #432 on: June 21, 2015, 04:24:31 PM »
I haz new OC!

She’s ‘Jane Something’ (a placeholder name,ovbs). In her world, she’s something called a Receptacle, and she helps human souls get to the afterlife by holding and protecting them, until they get whatever unfinished business they’ve got done. And human souls look like humans, anything swooshy looking is a malicious spirit.(which tend to go after unhosted human souls. souls hosted in a body not their own don't have as strong as an attachment, so theres that)

I’m not quite sure what’s going on in the second picture, actually. Is she fighting a bad spirit? Can she even do that? I have no idea.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2015, 04:48:58 PM »
I have written something with souls :) We can imagine so many things with such a beginning !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
I haz new OC!

She’s ‘Jane Something’ (a placeholder name,ovbs). In her world, she’s something called a Receptacle, and she helps human souls get to the afterlife by holding and protecting them, until they get whatever unfinished business they’ve got done. And human souls look like humans, anything swooshy looking is a malicious spirit.(which tend to go after unhosted human souls. souls hosted in a body not their own don't have as strong as an attachment, so theres that)

I’m not quite sure what’s going on in the second picture, actually. Is she fighting a bad spirit? Can she even do that? I have no idea.

The premise sounds pretty interesting. You can make this great when fully fleshed out. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8: