Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404823 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2015, 07:17:50 PM »
I think one-shots are a really good idea- short and to the point (or maybe 4-komas for a bit more detail?). And I love the diversity of the student body, you've done splendidly! :D
I was never good with comics either, still trying to figure out myself how to do them, but no, and I was always horrible with BG and details, so my comics and reaaaaly was too simple.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »
Jesus christ Martti,m that's some serious improvement!

hey so I'm here again, this time with fanaaaaart~
If any of you guys read/watch Bleach, I think you'll recognise this lovely lady:

this was originally supposed to be some kind of alien with curly hair and five eyes, but then I gave it unsettling eyes and it became this instead)
lil sketchy, but I liked it that way

those of you who don't(or my style fails to capture her correctly), this awesome but creepy woman is known as Retsu Unohana :D the most gentle healer, the most bloodthirsty warrior there is
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »
Jesus christ Martti,m that's some serious improvement!

SEVEN YEARS..... some people does this in few month, so it is not that big deal.....
every time i switched to new fandom, I tried to change style similar to the fandom's original artist's art in anyway, which made a huge help for me to develop improvements, also around 2010, my friend helped me to learn a lot about drawing anatomy, even it was horrible, but it got was better anatomically. in 2012, I got sai, which made me a HUGE improvement either, in the last one year, I tried to copy many styles, which made me help to change and make my style better. (sometimes other fanartists style, friend's help and style and so on)

also I drew every day since 2006
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2015, 03:27:58 PM »
Going through old sketches:

Pixar  ;D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »
Going through old sketches:

Pixar  ;D

Ugh, I'm jealous of that shading. It always killed me in art class. Nice work! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2015, 06:23:23 PM »
Feartheviolas, those sketches are really good! That wall-e is so cute~

here a lil something I made for my sister, who wanted me to draw something to her but gave me free reigns as to what...so I came up with this cave-thing :D

Oh and, that lil creature looking up towards the light is Sniff :D my sister's idea

Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »

here a lil something I made for my sister, who wanted me to draw something to her but gave me free reigns as to what...so I came up with this cave-thing :D

Oh and, that lil creature looking up towards the light is Sniff :D my sister's idea

That looks really neat (and contradicts very nicely with everything I remember of the Moomin series growing up).  I love the play of the light on the floor especially. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2015, 09:38:36 PM »
Me: "Wow, Haiz's work is so good! I wish I had a brush pen so I could do drawings like that!"
Me: "Wait."
Me: "I HAVE A BRUSH PEN!!!"
*manic scribbling*

Me: "Hm, I... I don't think I've quite realized the, um, full potential of this medium, but um..."
Me: "Maybe if I try to draw something simple? Like a zebra! I can draw a zebra!"

Spoiler: show

*ahem* On a completely unrelated note, can we please get some tutorials on this forum? Pretty please? Pretty pretty please with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top?
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2015, 09:47:51 PM »

Sniff <3
This is really beautiful! Really good lighting!

*ahem* On a completely unrelated note, can we please get some tutorials on this forum? Pretty please? Pretty pretty please with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top?

I SECOND THIS.

(I like your abstract zebra)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »

man I would be up for doing some if anybody wanted! not sure if there's anything you all would like to see but if there is?? respond here or pm me or something?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:29:59 AM by Curry »
YEET

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2015, 11:19:11 PM »
man would be up for doing some if anybody wanted! not sure if there's anything you all would like to see but if there is?? respond here or pm me or something?

*gasps*
that would be amazing
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »

I could probably do a tutorial on something, granted it was something I knew how to do. I've done outfit tutorials, but never straight up drawing/technique stuff.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2015, 11:45:03 PM »
I could probably do a tutorial on something, granted it was something I knew how to do. I've done outfit tutorials, but never straight up drawing/technique stuff.
Yes please your art is really good and you have such a nice style so if you could do even something really short and simple that would be awesome please and thank you.
man would be up for doing some if anybody wanted! not sure if there's anything you all would like to see but if there is?? respond here or pm me or something?
TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS. I can't think of anything specific, so just something you feel comfortable with!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2015, 12:08:05 AM »
Yes please your art is really good and you have such a nice style so if you could do even something really short and simple that would be awesome please and thank you.

but
but like
Lines? Color? Portraiture?? ?
What do the people want??

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2015, 12:10:53 AM »
but
but like
Lines? Color? Portraiture?? ?
What do the people want??
PORTRAITURE PLEASE but whatever you want to do please don't feel pressured whatever you're comfortable with. *tries to act nonchalant*
John Steinbeck