Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404757 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
sketchspam

Spoiler: show

unicorns (standard unicorn pose. who do i always draw this pose)

mermaids

randoms

fairyverse family

witchverse character Neir

mostly Sparrow Spellcaster, plus some random kid

yooooo these are really cool!!! please post all sketch. i love your sketch. i really love your sketch and these are really cool hhhhh
YEET

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »
WOW. Everyone here is really talented!

I now present some hands:

And some more concept art for my pirate comic. I was saving these to be votebait or something but goshdarnit you people make me really want to show you my drawings. So I guess you get to be the first to see the votebait for a comic that doesn't actually exist yet without voting.

I finally got down more or less what Nix is supposed to look like!

Full body Nix:

Some thingamabobs that have varying importance to the plot:

And some mermaid tails. Yes my comic will have mermaids.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »
Oh my goodness the puffer-fish-tail is the most adorable thing
(now I kinda wanna see Tuuri wearing it)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
Oh my goodness the puffer-fish-tail is the most adorable thing
(now I kinda wanna see Tuuri wearing it)

NEW TREND IN SSSS ART MUSEUM, LET'S GO

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2015, 01:25:33 AM »
hurgles and droPS ART

^^those two^^ are requests 8^)

tiny son

an art trade /o/ \o\
OK YEHAW
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:41:18 PM by callipygous »

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2015, 05:22:41 AM »
Awesome art we have here! OuO!
I want to leave my species here /)~(\

I started Reading aRTD and it's awesome! :0 It gaved me this idea owo
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
Remember that drawing I showed as an example or art improvement?

I colored it!

I have to use 4 layers on this thing, which I am pretty sure is more layers than this drawing will ever need. But at least Krita worked with me this time! It was pretty fun. Also, jeez, I draw the background first,next time.

Bonus to anyone who can give a vague guess about her race, because I barely know.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
YOOOO LOTS OF COOL STUFF
I really need to remember to actually check this thread sometime :0 so many cool thing!!

kahli, MERMAIDS ARE MY JAM! Those are some really cool and creative designs and is one of them a lionfish tail? This comic just looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait! :D

callipygous SLAY ME WITH YOUR ART. I could yell for hours about how amazing your art is to be honest... I really really really love how you draw faces and clothing, especially the noses! (they're so adorable hhhhhHHhh)

RealRedCloudYT that looks really cool! :D This is kind of late, oops, but aRTD is so awesome and I really love all the characters! spoiler alert

How did you feel about Ville staying human? I'm think it's adorable and I'm really happy, personally, but I know one of my frends wasn't as pleased with that aspect :\

KicknRun, that looks really cool!!! :D Art improvement is actually my favorite thing in this world. 4 layers isn't tooooo many... I have been known to have three layers just for Reynir's freckles, not even starting on everything else ;__;
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2015, 10:38:45 AM »
RealRedCloudYT that looks really cool! :D This is kind of late, oops, but aRTD is so awesome and I really love all the characters! spoiler alert

How did you feel about Ville staying human? I'm think it's adorable and I'm really happy, personally, but I know one of my frends wasn't as pleased with that aspect :\

Thank you! ^^
Also, I think it's great, isn't it? I mean, he'll probably know more things about humans and that stuff. And I think he's adorable too! :3 (I finished Reading the comic yesterday. It tooked me 3 days for Reading it all :0 )
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2015, 12:15:58 AM »
Wow, all this stuff is amazing!  :o ;D
Meanwhile I show up with doodles I made in the car on the way home from a roadtrip  :P.

just a generic person really (not Katniss ;) )
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:17:42 AM by SolarPoweredGirl »

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
Boom! Red's here.
Well, posting a drawing I just did from my new Art style. I'm proud of this One.
It's APH Norway if someone asks heh

- Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:41 AM »
I was trying to dig up some other pictures for another thread and randomly came across some old enamel paintings and jewellery pieces of mine... so hey, why not. :D

These are really pretty! I am not a person who normally wears jewellery, but I would wear these.

I have some things that I made pre SSSS discovery. I still make them, I actually have two books full of them in my closet. They're sort of mixed media/found art things. I've never really shown them to people though, they're mostly to keep me from going insane from life. :P Everything on them is of my own creation except for the words. They are all quotes from songs or books that I found fit well with the pieces. Some of them have stories about the objects on them.

The paper the pictures are mounted on is the back side of can labels from ration biscuit cans from a lifeboat from '81. We found hundreds of the cans in an old lifeboat my grandpa was restoring. Also in there were cans of special milk. It was really gross, but the labels were cool. The quote is from Le Petit Prince and translated is when one is truly sad, one likes sunsets. I took the photos in Niagara Falls last year.

This one has a hand that is actually the outline of the shadow of my hand that I drew during a psychology lecture last year. There is a broken playground swing hanging off the finger. The quote is from a song by Switchfoot.

This is one of my favourites. It is built around an Emily Dickinson poem that has been a warm spot in my mind for a long time. I once composed music for it, but I lost the score.

This is a photo of a graveyard I took two autumns ago. The birds in the trees are the ravens from Norse mythology, huginn and muninn (thought and memory) the quote is from a Sigur Rós song and it says yes-- they heal

This one is a tree, it's half finished because I liked the idea that it could go anywhere with imagination. The quote is also from Sigur Rós and translates to the best that god has made is a new day.

This was inspired by one of my close friends. I asked her what to draw and she said "longing". I took the photos as the sun set at a friend's house in California and drew the birds in with pen. The little girl is reaching for the birds, and the french quote is from an Enya song, it means I would like to fly like a bird of the wing.

This is a sketch of an old graveyard in NYC right across from where the world trade center used to be. This was one of the first pieces like this I did, it's from about three years ago. I forget where I found the quote, but it was in my little book of random words and quotes that I collect.

And that's all for now. I have tones of these, but those are my favourite ones. I hope you enjoy them.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2015, 07:04:48 AM »
Another speedpaint.

I've forgotten how good it was to draw horses in jousting wear. Really need to get into drawing them again, used to draw them all the time a few years back.

I'll probably get back to this one in a little. I want to add a few shadows on grass, and maybe gradient that lineart...

Edit: Oh dude, totally forgot to add reigns. And I'd drawn in all the tack so faithfully on the sketch... ah well. Definitely returning to it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:08:44 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
A little Hiisi i drew up.

Also some love for Arakkoa from WoW.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2015, 04:55:37 PM »
Ooh, such pretty art here! Blanket "good-job" to all of you, I want to see moar beautiful original stuff!

Anyhoo, on my end, I just spent way too long on this (six hours starting from midnight) and I'm really proud of it so far. That may change once I've got some sleep, but meh. MEH I say.

The Energen first appeared in the Local cluster around the time of the first contact between the Monsteara and Maxim-Cre. Their drones began harvesting energy and information, and evidently the leader of the Energen decided it would be in his best interest to ensure the two nations never joined forces. These drones (and their larger variants) managed to fight a shadow war for years, manipulating the Maxim-Cre's mistrust of magic and the Monstearian sense of wonder until the two factions fought. It was only after a bloody war that the true cause was confirmed.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.