Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404715 times)

Stefanyeah

Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
Curry Purdy. I like the eyes and mouthes. Gives me the idea to practise mine. Facial expressions aren't really what I concentrate on enough.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one randomly turning people into mermen. :P

Sumeri I don't think it needs colouring anymore. After the first seconds of confusion and what's going on, you recognise the figure and marvel at how those seemingly random lines actually make up a recognisable human.
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
I just added a bit to an old WIP of an OC that I had on my computer and thought "Why not share?"
It's also my first time drawing fire:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
First up: Thank you all so much for the comments on my artwork and characters. One day I'll comment individually on each reply and on all the awesome artwork, but today is not that day. In fact, today is an horrific, terrible, awful day, and in order to make it feel a tiny bit better I made this:

Am notified of private messages via email.

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2015, 10:29:27 PM »
I just added a bit to an old WIP of an OC that I had on my computer and thought "Why not share?"
It's also my first time drawing fire:

I think the fire turned out great!  :D

First up: Thank you all so much for the comments on my artwork and characters. One day I'll comment individually on each reply and on all the awesome artwork, but today is not that day. In fact, today is an horrific, terrible, awful day, and in order to make it feel a tiny bit better I made this:

Your art is always super cool! And I hope you're feeling better now!
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »

Ooh, I really like this one! Kinda haunting, in a way.

I think the fire turned out great!  :D

I was kinda not feeling too happy about the fire, thanks! :>

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2015, 11:10:38 PM »
I haz an art! Its the first person I have drawn in a while using the traditional pen and paper method and it is definitely not top-notch work, but here it is:

I also drew this in Artrage for my profile pic:

I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the color, and he is a bit too brightly lit for a night time scene.
Aurora-borealis dance party anyone?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:49:12 PM by Latent Leprechaun »
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2015, 11:36:23 AM »
Piney, that's adorable! The fire looks really good! Also, is that one of the OCs that you posted earlier? Are they a.... SUPERHERO? If they are one of the webcomic OCs I can't wait to see what the plotline is! :D

Lenny that picture has such a lovely atmosphere! I agree with Piney, it is haunting. The linework on the center figure is so pretty!

Latent Leprechaun those are both super pretty!I like the lines on the hair of the first one. Also, color?? Overboard?? Definitely not, I think it just looks like the sky is really bright • v • //definitely isn't guilty of having no grasp of color theory haha ha ha
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
Piney, that's adorable! The fire looks really good! Also, is that one of the OCs that you posted earlier? Are they a.... SUPERHERO? If they are one of the webcomic OCs I can't wait to see what the plotline is! :D

Yeah to all!! ;D Although I maybe wouldn't say so much "superhero" as "guy with superpowers", mostly because the story takes place in regular, modern day New York where superheroes aren't a thing. He's the main character of his webcomic, but I don't think we'll be seeing that for at least a couple years. (I have three different webcomics planned, and I want that one to be "the good one", y'know)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »
(I have three different webcomics planned, and I want that one to be "the good one", y'know)

This sounds so much like me...except, you know, my planning mostly involves lots of floating story snippets and pinterest boards full of reference and not actually a lot of drawing. So many stories, but also a lot more practice/time/skill/planning...

And just to stay sort of on topic: spring yard cleaning part 1 was yesterday, and I've been trying to use colors more, so here's an outfit/color exploration based on a rosemary bush (that got trimmed):

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »
Latent Leprechaun those are both super pretty!I like the lines on the hair of the first one. Also, color?? Overboard?? Definitely not, I think it just looks like the sky is really bright • v • //definitely isn't guilty of having no grasp of color theory haha ha ha

Thanks!  ;D
I think I might still do a bit of tweaking on the aurora one. Maybe make it look more like he is having a spotlight shining on him or an open door?
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »
Ah shoot, I completely forgot to put my OCs up here! Sorry guys. :-[ Better late than never, so here we go!

These first few are main characters from a pirate webcomic I'm planning:

First up is a sketch of Captain Benjamin Sooth. Because every Pirate thing has at least one British dude. He is one of the lucky few that has a definite confirmed name so far.

Here is Captain Nix. Or Nyx or some spelling like that...

Nix again. I can't seem to be able to draw her consistently.

I haven't decided on this guy's name yet (It should probably start with a J) but he is a pretty major character.

This is the drawing I'm most pleased with from this batch. I'm pretty sure his name will be Nezkabar. Please excuse my inability to draw hands.

Next one here is from a different comic I'm making (it's post apocolyptic!)

(These next ones aren't from any comic of mine, they're just practice)

Practicing poses

Running!

I don't know who this dude is, I was just practicing head positions

And finally:
Have a happy Pikachu!  ;D

(sorry for the poor picture quality, I just took these with my phone's bad camera  :-\)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2015, 12:09:11 AM »
(im not supposed to be on leisure sites im supposed to b studying for finals HEE HEE HOO HOO)
@curry i cried at u already but hhHHHHH MY MAHOU SHOUNEN!!??!! ;________; IM LOOKING AT IT AND ABOUT TO CRY MORE OK OK OK...i still love All Your OCs and mermaid emil looks so pretty and fluid hhhh i really love all those fins and ocean freckles and gills, it makes him look more like a Deep Sea Creature and i LOVE IT

@sumeri omg iM SENDING PRAYERS TO YOU FOR INKING....GODSPEED...but i bet the final piece will look super hella aaaaa *____*

@piney !!!!! more ocs!! what the heck he looks like a major cutie

@lenny aaah man im late but im sorry you had a bad day!! :^((( if you ever want to talk or anything feel free to shoot me a message or something?! i usually find that on bad days i can cheer up with listening to a favorite album or cuddling with a pet or taking a nice bath/shower or even just taking a nap!! i hope things have looked up since then afjasf but that piece is lovely, all your work seems like a glimpse into a fantasy aaa

@latentleprechaun ohHHH MAN I LOVE THE COLORS ON THAT SECOND PIECE!!! really really gorgeous oh m a n pls...teach me.... __(:'3/L)__

@mithrysc hhHHH your style is so so appealing to me i want to flip through your art forever aaaa and it seems like you have such!! great control over color!! i love that palette and that cute little oc oh gosh ;____;

@kahli !!!! OH MY GOSH more webcomic ocs!!!???! they look so interesting!! and more than one comic in the works ohhh man you will definitely need to drop links when you launch!! i will follow forever aaaa

I THINK THATS EVERYOne pls friends...never stop drawing i luv seeing all your art like god you are all so talented slay me dfjhsd ______(:'3/L)________
i have finals next week but i spent today giving mahou shounen a power up OOPS

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2015, 12:33:36 AM »
@piney !!!!! more ocs!! what the heck he looks like a major cutie

ABSOLUTELY HE'S MY CUTEST OC look at this

(also might I add your style is beautiful because I feel like I've never said that and I should)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Kahli, all those characters look so intriguing! I second callipygous. Post a link here when you start it up and I will follow the heck out of it 8)

callipygous YOUR ART IS SO GOOD WHAT THE HECK
i love looking at it. how beautiful it is. please keep drawing your beautiful mahou shounens okay ((also good luck on your finals!! school sucks, tru fact))

Piney i agree entirely he is absolutely ADORABLE what the heck why do people have such great OCs
YEET

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
I tried to stray from all the regular art tools I use and do something
 a bit out of my comfort zone who needs mouths anyway

It's supposed to be me or like an older version of me I don't really know