Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404761 times)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2015, 08:21:41 AM »
Thank you!~

Ah man, finally finishing next comic chapter has unleashed a great deal of creativity in me. Have another:

I'll try not to spam much after this. Just... aaaah I haven't had a drawing itch this bad for such a long time~ And it feels so good.

Oh god this is so cool! I love the smoke and the shading, I love how there are so very few colours and how it works so very well and still gives the piece the feeling of not being monochrome (it makes sense since it's not actually monochrome but I mean there are very few colours in this piece. It just - doesn't feel like it when you look at it and I like it.)

Also, may I ask what the thoughts and/or story behind this piece were? It really looks amazing, I really do like it a lot!
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
Thank you!~

Ah man, finally finishing next comic chapter has unleashed a great deal of creativity in me. Have another:

I'll try not to spam much after this. Just... aaaah I haven't had a drawing itch this bad for such a long time~ And it feels so good.
By all means, spam away.  We need some more art stuff in here, after al!
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2015, 09:39:20 AM »
Oh god this is so cool! I love the smoke and the shading, I love how there are so very few colours and how it works so very well and still gives the piece the feeling of not being monochrome (it makes sense since it's not actually monochrome but I mean there are very few colours in this piece. It just - doesn't feel like it when you look at it and I like it.)

Also, may I ask what the thoughts and/or story behind this piece were? It really looks amazing, I really do like it a lot!

Hey, thanks!~ I know what you mean about the monochrome-yet-not, it's the reason I love working with this colouring style (two colours + white). I developed it when working with graphite pencils and charcoal years ago - quite fun, putting in just hints of colour to make it more alive.

As to what's behind this piece... nothing earthshattering, unfortunately. I just happen to love fantasy, and really adore mystery. (Also ... another comic idea, and this guy might be a possible character in it. We shall see.) And of course, heavily influenced by Japanese ink drawings + monsters. This guy behind his mask may not be all that nice.

By all means, spam away.  We need some more art stuff in here, after all!

Dangerous words~
Am notified of private messages via email.

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2015, 09:58:30 AM »
Hey, thanks!~ I know what you mean about the monochrome-yet-not, it's the reason I love working with this colouring style (two colours + white). I developed it when working with graphite pencils and charcoal years ago - quite fun, putting in just hints of colour to make it more alive.

As to what's behind this piece... nothing earthshattering, unfortunately. I just happen to love fantasy, and really adore mystery. (Also ... another comic idea, and this guy might be a possible character in it. We shall see.) And of course, heavily influenced by Japanese ink drawings + monsters. This guy behind his mask may not be all that nice.

(...)

It is a really cool style, you should most definitely spam us with more of this! I, for one, would love more of this style! It's possibly one of the art styles I love the most; those who look simple at first, but then you realize it's not that simple after all!

As for the MYSTERIOUS HIDDEN NOT YET EXISTING MEANING behind this; I'd love for you to give a nudge in my direction if you ever decide to actually use this character in a comic, I'd love to see him in actionnn~

And yeah, I figure he wouldn't be the nicest ; )

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
I LOVE EVERYONE'S ART HERE
LOVE IT

maybe it's my turn to spam again

I have this annual calendar project I do before christmas, and I have a different theme each year. I've done mythological creatures, gargoyles, the book of kells, more mythological creatures, zodiac...... and for the 2015 I decided to do witches & familiars. Here are the first four months!!

arctic witch with a polar bear for january

potions witch with a snake for february

broom witch with a maned wolf for march

hologram tarot witch with a robotic hare for april
you'll know where to find me.

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2015, 10:11:42 AM »
I LOVE EVERYONE'S ART HERE
LOVE IT

maybe it's my turn to spam again

I have this annual calendar project I do before christmas, and I have a different theme each year. I've done mythological creatures, gargoyles, the book of kells, more mythological creatures, zodiac...... and for the 2015 I decided to do witches & familiars. Here are the first four months!!

(...)
arctic witch with a polar bear for january

(...)
potions witch with a snake for february

(...)
broom witch with a maned wolf for march

(...)
hologram tarot witch with a robotic hare for april

Oh god I remember you talking about this last year and I believe I have seen some of these before but I don't think I ever told you how cool and unique and creative I think this is! Because it really is! I love it! And I promise you; I will buy one once.. when I know I have the money.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
aaaAAA oh man @lenny i really, really, really love your art, its so soft and dreamy, i want to stare at it forever...and i rly wanna know about these ocs and stories!! they look so so interesting *_____* pls dont stop spamming i love your art SO MUCH
and @haiz OOO such wonderful witches!!! oh gosh they all have so much personality ooOOOO LUV

tiny

hee hee hee hoo hoo hoo concept art??? 8^)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »
Lenny that's so cool!! I especially love the effects around the brush? wand? cool thing! Please spam the forums more often :D

Haiz, that's such a cool project!! February's color scheme is so cool what the heck I love it?? I just noticed that the hologram witch's leg is a floaty thing that's such a cool design omg

callipygous i am!!! very interested!! i need a backstory,, stat? what a cutie patoot even the concept art is beautiful omg
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
Impatient to finish this one, so here's a progress shot:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2015, 06:39:39 PM »

Ho.. How... What?  Hows it is so... Beatiful... What did you do?

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

This is so beautiful!! What medium are you using?
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
This is so beautiful!! What medium are you using?

Oil paint! The background is watered-down acrylic.

Ho.. How... What?  Hows it is so... Beatiful... What did you do?

A magician never reveals their secrets ;)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2015, 06:57:47 PM »

This is beautiful! I'd love to see it when it's finished! :)
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »

tiny

hee hee hee hoo hoo hoo concept art??? 8^)
*stares* Your art style is so beautiful! It's so light, and pretty, and pastel, and just so god darn amazing!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
Callipygous: Your art is magnificent. It's so sad and calming at the same time. Humm, let me guess... He had to take out his heart so he could survive? :)

Piney: Your art is so freaking beautiful!! When I grow up I want to be just like you!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."