Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404742 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
SO MUCH AMAZING ART WOW

Dang, now I want to draw OCs too. *tries to remember an OC she's drawn more than three times*

:I

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2015, 05:19:03 AM »
I have a lot of art, working on some SSSS fan art right now, but in the mean time here are some original works. I mainly draw with pencils and ink, tho I also indulge in digital art. However, I seem to prefer the traditional way more.
Sir Terry Prattchet it is one of my most recent ones in memory of this great man
and this is Lien an original character from the novel I am writing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:52:59 AM by Chizu »

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
I have a lot of art, working on some SSSS fan art right now, but in the mean time here are some original works. I mainly draw with pencils and ink, tho I also indulge in digital art. However, I seem to prefer the traditional way more.

Sir Terry Prattchet it is one of my most recent ones in memory of this great man

and this is Lien an original character from the novel I am writing.

Horrible things out of the way first - please resize images down to width=1000px or less by using the walkthrough set out here.

Other than that, man. I love your pencil techniques :D And I am more happy than I can say to see a Terry Pratchett tribute - I'm working on one of my own, but it is ... more than difficult to put what I feel onto canvas with regards to that great personage.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
Horrible things out of the way first - please resize images down to width=1000px or less by using the walkthrough set out here.

Other than that, man. I love your pencil techniques :D And I am more happy than I can say to see a Terry Pratchett tribute - I'm working on one of my own, but it is ... more than difficult to put what I feel onto canvas with regards to that great personage.
Ah I do apologise for the monstrously big images :D!
It is always like that tho, trying to express emotions on canvas. I'd love to see your finished work.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »
Ah I do apologise for the monstrously big images :D!
It is always like that tho, trying to express emotions on canvas. I'd love to see your finished work.

(psst! you can go back and edit your posts like I do three million times after posting by clicking the little pencil-edit button in the...uh...top or bottom right corner? and resize your images so everyone will be confused by this discussion about resizing)

I do really love your pencil work, though. I tend to think, "oh, this line here should be emphasized more" and then I end up with the whole thing really dark.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
(psst! you can go back and edit your posts like I do three million times after posting by clicking the little pencil-edit button in the...uh...top or bottom right corner? and resize your images so everyone will be confused by this discussion about resizing)

I do really love your pencil work, though. I tend to think, "oh, this line here should be emphasized more" and then I end up with the whole thing really dark.

I know what you mean, I had trouble with not long ago, but practice teaches you...
But here is something else

...Also I changed the res~ :D yay
I will probably never finish this one...I have it on my tumblr
I am doing one of Emil now...almost done, so I am not sure how well it will come out as it is in realistic style  :(

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »
Okay so I went deep into my instagram account and dug up my only OC

Her name is Charlie and I should draw her more

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
Okay so I went deep into my instagram account and dug up my only OC

Her name is Charlie and I should draw her more
!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS ADORABLE
i love her hair
both the curls and the colour and everything
aaaaa

also yo Chizu your art is super neato, beautifully clean pencil lines wowow wow
you'll know where to find me.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2015, 05:09:34 AM »
aaaAAA SUCH LOVELY ART...SUCH LOVELY OCS..touches my screen so gently everyone here is Too Talented good gosh

i spent a good while on this and i think ive gone blind
you can tell exactlY WHERE I GAVE UP IM LAUGHGN

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2015, 05:16:17 AM »
aaaAAA SUCH LOVELY ART...SUCH LOVELY OCS..touches my screen so gently everyone here is Too Talented good gosh

i spent a good while on this and i think ive gone blind
you can tell exactlY WHERE I GAVE UP IM LAUGHGN
oh wow!!!!! LOOK AT THAT HAIR and hang on. hang oon is that. crown shadow. on the hair. wOW
hhhhh it's so prettyyyy

drawing angry sgruns yesterday reminded me of Yet Another oc I have, well, not neglected but I only draw her once or twice a year or something, hahahaha.......
here is the Evolution of Arin Shieldsoul:

you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »
Look, I have two paintings for you:
(sorry about the awful quality of the first photo; black paintings are hard to photograph)

This one I just finished less than three hours ago:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
Look, I have two absurdly pretty creations for you:
o_o
Moar of this?  I'm a bit of a hand and torso geek, when I draw, and now I feel the need to go back and put drapes over all my figures' faceless heads... it would be the perfect solution.
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
o_o
Moar of this?  I'm a bit of a hand and torso geek, when I draw, and now I feel the need to go back and put drapes over all my figures' faceless heads... it would be the perfect solution.

I'm actually a face person myself. But the model had a beard and the other model was wearing a lot of jewelery, and I wasn't about to paint facial hair so I improvised. (the fabric was from elsewhere in the setup) And anyway, painting a face from life is too daunting for me to try. I'm too much of a perfectionist to draw and paint a face from that far away. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
OOPS LOTS OF GREAT ART  THAT I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO COMMENT ON

Sigrid Marie I cannot deal with how cute this OC is or how beautiful that hair is. All of your art. I love it.

Callipygous, wHAT A CUTIE. WHAT A CHILD. THAT HAIR AND THAT IS A CROWN SHADOW ON THE HAIR SO MUCH RESPECT RN

HAIZ I REQUIRE MORE INFO ON THIS SUPER COOL OC WHAT THE HECK THEIR HAIR IS GREAT

Piney, those are gorgeous!! I love the lighting on the hands.
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:28 PM »
*tries to draw a human, fails epically, draws birds instead*

There is actually a story behind this one. These angry-looking birds are called Worker Birds, and they are the guardian angel/grim reaper for people. They get assigned a person and carry a scroll with the person's name on it. They also have their alphabet (shown below). They can decide when people die, and when they do, they simply tear up the scroll. They're pretty big too. In their universe it's uncommon to see then following people, but when you do see them it's considered a good omen from the gods. And they can cause good luck too. As they can decide when people die, they can also save them from passing away to soon.

"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8: