Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404851 times)

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2490 on: January 17, 2021, 07:44:04 AM »
Nonsense! That is a splendid blessed feline. The face in particular is very good - how the heck do you get eye reflections like that using pencils??

That is where I think witchcraft is involved. I can just make a thin layer of white over the already drawn eyes. This was clearly impossible with the cheap pencils I knew before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:51:33 PM by moredhel »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2491 on: January 17, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
I wish I had a white pencil like this... Your cat looks amazing, moredhel!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #2492 on: January 17, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »
That is where I think witchcraft is involved. I can just make a thin layer of white over the already drawn eyes. This was clearly impossible with the cheap pencils I knew before.

Ah, the magic pencils, right. However magic they are, though, they do need to be wielded with skill, which clearly you do. Please draw more cats!  :3
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2493 on: January 18, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
Great work, moredhel! Those eyes truly do look really nice!
I don’t remember if you posted it already, but what is the brand of your pencils? My white one doesn’t do that thing over a layer of other colors, I wonder what are those magical pencils of yours! ;)
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2494 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
No I didn't. They are Faber-Castell Pencils. From The Goldfaber series. They do produce a more expensive series, I wonder how they work. Must be something beyond witchcraft.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2495 on: January 18, 2021, 02:03:47 PM »
Please draw more cats!  :3

I try to do so.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2496 on: January 18, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »
No I didn't. They are Faber-Castell Pencils. From The Goldfaber series. They do produce a more expensive series, I wonder how they work. Must be something beyond witchcraft.
Oh, okey, well, Fiber-Castell usually produce really good stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Your second cat is adorable! I love the ears ;D it looks really nice with the color of this paper!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #2497 on: January 18, 2021, 07:14:00 PM »
Thank you for the kitty, moredhel! I'm with Annuil, the ears are extra special (I love tufty cat ears) and the paper colour is a great choice.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2498 on: January 18, 2021, 11:47:52 PM »
Whoa! I have finally finished a piece that is something worth sharing and doesn’t require a four-pages-long pre-story!
Here it is, I named it “Milk&Chocolate”:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_v2gMH1cEbdCrhxrz
Two characters, also from my own stories, Aronath and his wife Neilla (I have no idea how to explain how to read her name, the “e” in it sounds like “e” in eskimo, and “i” like in the name Dina I explained before, like “e” in “English”)
Their story was written while I was on a camping trip with my family through Scandinavia, mostly by Norway and it’s beautiful fjords  <3
It feels like it is one of my most powerful stories so far, because of the power of inspiration that the northern lands can give :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:13:34 AM by Annuil »

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2499 on: January 19, 2021, 03:36:29 AM »
Whoa! I have finally finished a piece that is something worth sharing and doesn’t require a four-pages-long pre-story!
Here it is, I maned it “Milk&Chocolate”:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_v2gMH1cEbdCrhxrz

What a great work.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2500 on: January 19, 2021, 04:09:54 AM »
Thank you for the kitty, moredhel! I'm with Annuil, the ears are extra special (I love tufty cat ears) and the paper colour is a great choice.

The paper is just a cheap chinese notebook, but the color is great. It makes any white look whiter. And I think I could draw people by just adding shadows and highlights.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2501 on: January 19, 2021, 07:09:13 AM »
moredhel, what a delicious kitty! White pencil works so well over tan paper! Beautiful!  XoX

Annuil, your drawing is wonderful! And the lighting is very well done! What you used to do it?
So you mean that your Neilla is read just like one would do in Portuguese? ;)
(actually "Nela" is a name. I had one Nela in my class once.)
Now I (we all) want to know where we can read their story! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2502 on: January 19, 2021, 08:12:22 AM »
Annuil, your drawing is wonderful! And the lighting is very well done! What you used to do it?
So you mean that your Neilla is read just like one would do in Portuguese? ;)
(actually "Nela" is a name. I had one Nela in my class once.)
Now I (we all) want to know where we can read their story! :)
Thanks! This is a digital painting, I used Procreate on my iPad to do it :D
Oh wow, that might be true! That’s fun! now I want to try studying Portuguese! It is on Duolingo, so I might actually try :'D
Hah, oh well, it will take a while before anyone will be able to read my stories, because they are all in Russian, sadly. I have a website where I publish my work but it’s also in Russian. The story of these particular two is not there yet, it needs to be edited  :-\
You can visit the website here http://annuil.art/ if you wish, it can be automatically translated into English but I cannot recommend reading my stories this way, the translator isn’t the best  :(
One day I will translate them! I promise!  ;)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2503 on: January 19, 2021, 09:31:43 AM »
Thanks! This is a digital painting, I used Procreate on my iPad to do it :D
Oh wow, that might be true! That’s fun! now I want to try studying Portuguese! It is on Duolingo, so I might actually try :'D
Hah, oh well, it will take a while before anyone will be able to read my stories, because they are all in Russian, sadly. I have a website where I publish my work but it’s also in Russian. The story of these particular two is not there yet, it needs to be edited  :-\
You can visit the website here http://annuil.art/ if you wish, it can be automatically translated into English but I cannot recommend reading my stories this way, the translator isn’t the best  :(
One day I will translate them! I promise!  ;)
I've already thought it was digital because the strokes are very uniform and the background is absolutely plain. I also see that Procreate is an apple thing... so not my thing :)
Portuguese is not easy, but is very rich. I have a friend that says Russian and European Portuguese "sound" very similar. Not the words, that are completely different, but the way things are pronounced. Maybe that's why. Ah, to be correct I meant "Nelia" and not "Nela". The word "nela" exists, but is not a name.
I saw your site. it looks good, but I couldn't find any translation option... Am I missing something?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2504 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
I've already thought it was digital because the strokes are very uniform and the background is absolutely plain. I also see that Procreate is an apple thing... so not my thing :)
Portuguese is not easy, but is very rich. I have a friend that says Russian and European Portuguese "sound" very similar. Not the words, that are completely different, but the way things are pronounced. Maybe that's why. Ah, to be correct I meant "Nelia" and not "Nela". The word "nela" exists, but is not a name.
I saw your site. it looks good, but I couldn't find any translation option... Am I missing something?
Yeah, I should add some texture to the background to make it look a little more atmospheric :D
Huh, that’s very interesting! Russian and Portuguese are from different language branches, so it makes it even more fascinating why they sound alike. Even some other Slavic languages sound a lot different than Russian.
Thanks... that’s strange, usually when you open the website on a foreign device it automatically suggests you to translate it... are you using Google or something else? Because the translation option might be only the Google thing  :-\
(I’ll work on making a specific translation button on the website itself some time, because more and more people who do not know Russian ask me to share it) ;)