Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405027 times)

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2340 on: November 11, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
Oooh... I haven’t notice this thread as well, but I like the idea of it! So, it’s the place for whatever you come up with and draw that’s not related to SSSS or RT’sD? Fun!

Ronnie, I like your style and the atmosphere of your work... Great stuff! ;)

Yes! Lallicat, please share your talent, we’d love to see it  :))

Okey, so, since yesterday I’ve done some drawing practice, I can probably share it here ;D
I was working on my animal drawing skills, particularly horses, so here we go (my favourite OneDrive links):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_tn0WrdwcmKbEB7JU

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_tnvqtwGWcoUjk_4N

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_tn4vKxzOCiScXSkN

And another one with the horse but this one I couldn’t keep that sketchy-grey palette anymore and added colors digitally:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_tnyuMIFNp8YXvDLf

The elf-guy that appears on the last two drawings is actually my own character from the stories I write, his name is Nicklis  ;)

P.S. I don’t know if it’s okey, but I didn’t add any warnings, even though there is that naked torso, I hope it doesn’t violate the rules...  O_O
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

angelus.nihilo

« Reply #2341 on: November 11, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »
Mirasol, thanks for the tip! And thank you so much for all of your kind words everyone! Lallicat, I'd also love to see some of your art, if you feel willing to share! Also, thank you all for your interest in Karma, they're one of my favorite characters I've made : ) For anyone who is interested in getting into D&D, I highly recommend listening to a D&D podcast or watching a web series! That's how I got started, and even if you don't know anything starting out, you catch on pretty quickly!

Hero Squad by Stumpt on YT is a lovely one, and the first one I listened to! They're also on Spotify.

Critical Role (Also on YT, and spotify) is a much larger one, and one that takes much longer to get caught up on, but if you have the time, I highly recommend it. If you're going to start I advise starting on Campaign 2!

The Adventure Zone is a podcast made by the McElroy family, and is much looser in terms of rules, but very fun! The first arc, Balance, is my personal favorite. You can find them on Spotify!

Realms Apart is a campaign on YT that just got started but that I'm already very much enjoying. Another one I'd recommend!

Right, that got a bit off-topic. Whoops! Anyways uhhh ART! Yayyyyy!
simply trying my best : )

:us: - the only one i really know
:fr: - struggling to learn
:se: - bits an pieces (im learning!)

my art instagram is @rolee.z, check it out if you'd like! : 0

angelus.nihilo

« Reply #2342 on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:27 PM »

Okey, so, since yesterday I’ve done some drawing practice, I can probably share it here ;D
I was working on my animal drawing skills, particularly horses, so here we go (my favourite OneDrive links):

oooh those are lovely! And right back at you, I love the atmosphere! Your linework is also very nice, I love the brushes you use!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2343 on: November 11, 2020, 06:39:44 PM »
Great stuff, Annuil!  Although the elf is shirtless, I don't think this presentation particularly violates our policy.  I love the way you were working through the action shot.

Seconded on you Lallicat.  As I pointed out above, we likes *all* the artses, my precious.  I think I speak for a goodly proportion (if not all) of us when I say we are *all* developing our talents.  Where better to get feedback and support?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #2344 on: November 11, 2020, 07:16:01 PM »
So here are the drawings I talked about:

The first two drawings are the main characters in a story I’m writing with a friend, and the second is maybe the narrator. She’s still in the concept stage, so she might be scrapped. Thank you all for getting me to post here, and if you have any feedback I’d really appreciate it  ^-^.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2345 on: November 11, 2020, 07:46:14 PM »
Yay, Lallicat! Pointy-eared characters! ;D Lovely designs ;)
May I ask a question? Do they dye their hair or is it naturally that color? Just wondering ;)

Also, thanks, guys, for all the kind comments!

Wave, thanks for clearing this up, I’ll read the rules again, so that I don’t have any problems with it, even though I barely draw stuff like this :'D

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #2346 on: November 11, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
Annuil, my characters are elves, so naturally I couldn’t pass up the chance of giving them natural funky hair colors  ::) :P

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2347 on: November 12, 2020, 04:01:53 AM »
Coolness!  Is there a significance to the chokers, or do you just like chokers?  (I sure do.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #2348 on: November 12, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
wave, for the chokers, I'm toying with the idea of having it represent people's social status, but that's still on the drawing board. And chokers are just fun to draw. ::)

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2349 on: November 12, 2020, 12:02:19 PM »
Annuil, my characters are elves, so naturally I couldn’t pass up the chance of giving them natural funky hair colors  ::) :P
Fun! Yes, Lallicat, you have to grab such an opportunity of playing with the hair color!  ;D

(Unless you’re me, who is pro-natural-hair-color-person, my elves are boring this way, but they still have magic hair that doesn’t get tangled as bad as human’s hair would  :'D)

And I like your idea with the chokers! That’s a great way to show the status.
I usually use the different types of clothing for that, the higher the position of the person - the richer the clothes are... in a way  ;)

angelus.nihilo

« Reply #2350 on: November 13, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
Lallicat, I love those!!! Your designs and colors are so fun! : 0

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #2351 on: November 13, 2020, 10:35:31 AM »
Thank you so much, that really means a lot!

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #2352 on: November 13, 2020, 10:38:18 AM »
You click "insert hyperlink" as usual: , then you add [url=]], then you add and now you have to copy the link here: and can write text where the link would usually be. (This looks so weird without the code... :'D)

Oh no, I just realized it somehow changed the code! (How did that happen???) Let me try again:
So when you click hyperlink, this appears:[url] into it you add this sign: [ url= ] (without breaks, that´s just so it´s still visibe here) and copy the link behind it inside of the brackets [ url=link ]. Then you can write between these brackets:[ url=link ]Hi there![ /url ]

And thank you for the recommendations, Ronnie! I think I´ve heard of a few of them, I should definitly check those out.

I´m really enjoying all those elf (and horses)-drawings!
Annuil, wow, the horse´s proportions are getting better and better with each drawing! I love how realistic they look! And your elf-boy´s design is beautiful as well!
Lallicat, I really enjoy the funky hair-colors (yes, one should absolutely take advantage of the magic-hair aspect of elves *looks at own pile of elf-drawings with multicolored hair*, though I then always feel like it´s too unrealistic and recolor them with natural haircolors... It´s stupid, I know. :'D (I feel like I need to add here that having elves with natural haircolors can make just as great designs, I´m just a person who likes to cover everything in... lots of bright colors...)) That´s a really cool idea with the chokers! So far I´ve shown status in my stories sort of by clothing, like Annuil does, but having a certain detail as an indicator is also a really nice idea!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

angelus.nihilo

« Reply #2353 on: November 13, 2020, 10:49:19 AM »
ohhh, I see! like this! hehe thank you! : D

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #2354 on: November 13, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
Yes, you got it! :)) Sorry for confusing everyone...
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: