Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405142 times)

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2295 on: April 11, 2020, 05:31:44 PM »
Maaan I really need to come here more often, I've missed so much I don't even know where to begin @__@
Anyway!! I've been doing some colouring work. Under a cut because 1- there's a LOT and I don't wanna spam the thread and 2- may be difficult for some to look at due to eye strain.
Spoiler: show

(I'm actually planning on redoing this one, I don't really like how it came out much at all)

These were all inked by Casey Coller! I have got others in the works by other artists, however they're not done yet, so in the depths of my storage they stay :P

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2296 on: April 11, 2020, 06:54:53 PM »
Whoa, Abprallen, these illustrations POP!  Fun.  I especially like the one posed against a grey wall, this really works.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2297 on: April 11, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »
* LooNEY_DAC melts into a puddle of G1 love
Whoa, Abprallen, these illustrations POP!  Fun.  I especially like the one posed against a grey wall, this really works.
Yeah, Jazz always has a certain flair about him.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2298 on: April 12, 2020, 02:27:36 PM »
Your coloring work is amazing, Abprallen!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #2299 on: April 19, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
Thanks you guys! :)) I've got a few more on my twitter if people are interested.

* LooNEY_DAC melts into a puddle of G1 love
Yeah, Jazz always has a certain flair about him.

Do it in style n all that~ man I love Jazz so much, he's such a great character.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
Temp: Moving to Forum Art Museum
« Reply #2300 on: April 21, 2020, 02:38:37 AM »
This is probably the best place to post this, my six fanarts challenge piece - or rather, pieces plural.  I ended up with more than six requests, plus one I really wanted to do for me.  Two of the requests were for ARtD characters Tuomi & Ville, Lalli makes an appearance, but there was also Holly Short from Artemis Fowl, Hannibal Hayes from the old TV show Alias Smith and Jones, Wendy Shepard from Namesake, and both young Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul from Star Wars.  Once I got those last two on separate requests, I decided to let some chaos flow. 

ARtD fans may spot the uncredited appearance?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:11:15 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2301 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:16 AM »
Haha poor Ville...Hopefully Hannu is able to get him out of his sticky situation
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2302 on: April 28, 2020, 05:17:32 AM »
Ooh, Wavewright, I love your six fanarts - you've composed it in a very creative (and entertaining) way!

I've been doing some oil painting for school and I took a bunch of paint home for the quarantine/school holidays to work on my art project, and I figured I'd do some painting just for fun as well. I really like painting clouds and landscapes and stuff, so here's a little seascape I painted today (based off the beach we normally take our dog!)

I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2303 on: April 28, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »
Those are very fine and funny, Wave! I particularly enjoy the characters "breaking" the frames and interacting :)

Keep Looking, that's a beautiful scene. Oil painting is very fun, with the possibility of mixing colours and add new semi-transparent layers over and over. It's been a long time since I did it, and you made me want to try again. But that's very time demanding...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2304 on: April 28, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
That's a lovely landscape, Keep Looking! It looks very peaceful
Butter good.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #2305 on: April 28, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »
That seascape looks beautiful, Keep Looking! I love the effect of the sun shining through the clouds!
I never tried oil paint, but this makes me want to!
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2306 on: April 29, 2020, 01:51:26 AM »
Whoa, that is great stuff, Keep Looking - very convincing clouds and water!  I never learnt how to do oil painting (and now probably won't, digital is my next hurdle, along with animation), and that alchemy amazes me.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2307 on: April 29, 2020, 07:17:29 AM »
I have had acrylic colors, readymade canvases (is the thing you paint in called a canvas?) and even an easel for many years now, untouched. Maybe I should dig them out and finally give it a try. (Even if I do it will be abstract but working with the colors could be good)

I really like your seascape, Keep looking!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #2308 on: April 29, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »
Just finished this. It's not SSSS, but it's Viking/Nordic-themed, so I thought I'd share it here  O:-)

It's originally an art school homework: we had to create a picture in black and white with as much detail as possible. The theme was free for us to choose (my favorite kind of art school homework!), as long as we put in lots and lots of detail. I decided to mix the detailed and realistic raven with this beautiful Viking tracery (is it the right term for it??).
The piece is called, Hrafn (raven in icelandic), and I honestly stopped counting how many hours it took me to complete it, or how many blackliners died during the process (I'll always remember you, 0.1... :'().

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go rest my hand...
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2309 on: April 29, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »
That's simply superb, Gaelle! You never cease to amaze me! And to make me envious, but in a good way :) There's no way you can't get maximum grade for this! Now go and rest those precious hands, you need it.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society