Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404677 times)

Temteno

Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2265 on: February 25, 2020, 02:41:36 AM »
I put my comic on webtoon and I feel the need to shamelessly self promote on here: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-passerby/list?title_no=385200

Link to my regular website: https://www.thepasserby.net/

disappears back into the fog

I really recommend people to check out Sock's comic! The art style is great and there's an interesting plot going on <3

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #2266 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
Yes, I second what Temteno said! I love the art style too

Also, beHOLD! Crofton the pistachio dragon (named after one of the best art teachers I've ever had), created by moi like a year ago. He rules over my desk and I adore him

Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2267 on: March 05, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
Hello, Crofton! What are you made of, besides pistachios?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2268 on: March 06, 2020, 04:00:22 AM »
Yes, I second what Temteno said! I love the art style too

Also, beHOLD! Crofton the pistachio dragon (named after one of the best art teachers I've ever had), created by moi like a year ago. He rules over my desk and I adore him
Nice! And does your teacher know the dragon's name? Or that was a secret until now?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2269 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
Nice! And does your teacher know the dragon's name? Or that was a secret until now?

Enquiring minds want to know.  Also, I love this.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #2270 on: March 06, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »
aah, busy days. Hee, thanks wave! To answer all the questions, my teacher knows he exists but I haven't sent her a picture of the finished product yet (she moved, and I somehow haven't emailed her yet, altho i do have her email. I want to tell her about SSSS too, because I think she'd love the composition of a lot of the dreamworld panels, and because just great comic in general  ;D). Also, other than pistachio shells and wood, he is made out of the leftover mystery sculpting putty I found in the art cabinet (the colors didn't matter because I painted over it in yellow acrylic, which stuck surprisingly well!).
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2271 on: March 07, 2020, 05:52:26 AM »
And does your teacher know the dragon's name? Or that was a secret until now?
Enquiring minds want to know.
Y'know, when you wanna craft a dragon, you got to think of some way to prompt the model to spit fire ... >:D

To answer all the questions, my teacher knows he exists but I haven't sent her a picture of the finished product yet (she moved
... but I guess that smoke from the escape moving van's tires works, too ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

LilG

« Reply #2272 on: March 20, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »
I thought I might as well post this here, because why not. I drew this before the Reynir portrait.

(Description taken from the original post, posted on the 26th of February)
Recently I took a digital drawing course and, as my first ever original digital drawing, I made this mobster pug.

He’s kind of a Zootopia oc that I never got around to actually drawing because I never felt motivated to do it, but when the teacher told us to draw an original animal character, I thought of drawing him (maybe because I was listening to the Hotline Miami soundtrack while drawing). I don’t really have a story or even a name for him, I just call him “John Wick’s Dog”.

The colors might look a bit weird on mobile devices, so I recommend you use a laptop or computer to see how it’s actually supposed to look like.
Also, it’s a bit less polished than I would have liked it to be, since I was on a time constraint, sorry.

og tumblr post: https://lilg9.tumblr.com/post/611041241823674368/recently-i-took-a-digital-drawing-course-and-as

Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #2273 on: March 23, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »
*sneaks in*
Hey hoi!

I'll just leave this here:

>______> *sneaks back out*

kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #2274 on: March 25, 2020, 12:56:19 PM »
Hi !
Guess that it can be nice to put EVERYTHING I made so far (related to SSSS) here !
To view them all, you can find them on my Tumblr here : https://sinnena.tumblr.com/
I don't want to overburden the forum thread so I'll just post my favorite one so far, an Emil called Ember fanart :

I also did some fanart related to The Farseer Trilogy and some original work that you can find here :
https://www.deviantart.com/sinnena

One of my favorite so far, that I made for a photographer friend :

.... And to finish sampling my work, I also made some designs for t-shirt (animal based pun). Here we go :

Aaaand that's it. If you want to see more, I can dust my old folders and show you other funny things.
I am also eager to work with you all guys, if you have poetry, story or idea that you wish to illustrate, do not hesitate to told me !
I am not a professionnal so of course no charge, but it will take time since I draw on my free time (well, right now, I have a lot of free time thanks to the "stay at home" policy).
For example, I am already working on an illustration for Jitter that I hope that I can show you all soon !

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #2275 on: March 25, 2020, 01:26:44 PM »
Hi !
Guess that it can be nice to put EVERYTHING I made so far (related to SSSS) here !
To view them all, you can find them on my Tumblr here : https://sinnena.tumblr.com/
I don't want to overburden the forum thread so I'll just post my favorite one so far, an Emil called Ember fanart :

I also did some fanart related to The Farseer Trilogy and some original work that you can find here :
https://www.deviantart.com/sinnena

.... And to finish sampling my work, I also made some designs for t-shirt (animal based pun). Here we go :

Aaaand that's it. If you want to see more, I can dust my old folders and show you other funny things.
I am also eager to work with you all guys, if you have poetry, story or idea that you wish to illustrate, do not hesitate to told me !
I am not a professionnal so of course no charge, but it will take time since I draw on my free time (well, right now, I have a lot of free time thanks to the "stay at home" policy).
For example, I am already working on an illustration for Jitter that I hope that I can show you all soon !

Hi back!

That is some seriously nice art there!

Did you know there is a SSSS and a aRTD related art museum as well?
You can find them under https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.0 and https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=169.0 respectively!

Just saying! Bye!
*poofs again*

EDIT: *unpoofs* WAIT I'm dumb and can't read, sorry.
(that doesn't change the fact that those threads exist though :P)
*buries self in a hole*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:30:47 PM by Clayres »
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #2276 on: March 25, 2020, 01:53:20 PM »
Haha thank you for your comment, and yes (no ?) I didn't saw those other art threads (I still get lost quite often). Well, one-third of my post is not at the good place.
I'll know where to put the next one, that's cool :)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2277 on: March 25, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »

That's a lot of great work, Kyara! Well done!

When I saw the thumbnail of the photographer one I though that it was Emil with a hypersparkling hair... :D

I'll think about the illustration... I'd love to work with you too.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2278 on: March 25, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
I'll toss this here
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2279 on: March 25, 2020, 11:01:02 PM »
I'll toss this here

It's so nice and simple and clean! Really cool
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: