Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404674 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1950 on: January 30, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
sup nerds

bet you thought you've seen the last of me

Wow, this is amazing! I love the patterns and detail you put into the backgrounds!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #1951 on: January 31, 2017, 11:50:40 PM »
A drawing, basically coloring practice:

Spoiler: show

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #1952 on: February 01, 2017, 12:32:30 AM »
Okay I had to make a bunch of stuff to apply for the National Art Honor Society (I got in woo woop).

It's Eileen I love Eileen. My scanner I do not love however because it couldn't scan the whole thing so now there are two pictures.

In which I actually drew a background.

And Ronan Lynch from The Raven Boys! He's very dramatic.

Can anyone who has read this book appreciate the irony that I got in a school organization by drawing Ronan? Because I mean, come on.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:11:51 AM by Jhev »
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #1953 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
yesterday's stream was me doing draw your squad memes with my OCs. I actually drew them few month ago in my sketchbook, but yesterday I scanned them (with bad quality) and redraw the whole thing and give it colour. I loved the poses and how they turned out (on paper,t hat's why I wanted to colour them)

twins work together against the little brother. poor guy:

And three of these does not really give a f-:

I love these. So much. They're beautiful. <3

sup nerds

bet you thought you've seen the last of me
Ahhhh... these are gorgeous!!! I've been meaning to get caught up with TI, but haven't yet. ;) Whoops. I'll try and do that next weekend, if I have time. I have a feeling I won't have time tomorrow, after slacking off all day today...
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #1954 on: February 10, 2017, 04:48:54 AM »
Was listening to Phantom of the Opera again.
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1955 on: February 10, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »
So I've done a couple drawings in my sketchbook recently that I like enough to share. :)

This one I did purely for the sake of drawing a bunch of ballgowns, testing my design skills. And I even pushed myself to draw a background!

Last year, for my AP art concentration, I did a bunch of fashion illustrations in this style, but in watercolors. When I saw Look 5 from Elie Saab's most recent couture collection I wanted to do it again. Unfortunately my pencils couldn't do the color justice.

This is an old character whose story is kind of on hold right now. I've been having a hard time nailing down what she looks like in my head, so this is an attempt to do that.

Finally, this comes from a dream i had last night. I somehow got cast in a play as an "unnamed seamstress" (I think, for some reason my actual name was used? Dreams are weird). When I woke up I just had this image in my head, where the seamstress is begging an older woman to take her on as an apprentice/employee. I tried to show that it's a part in a play by drawing the stage makeup (mascara, blush, a tiny bit of eyeshadow, lipstick) and those who know me well would also be able to tell because my hair is in a bun here. Which I will only do if I'm going on stage.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Athena

« Reply #1956 on: February 20, 2017, 03:44:36 PM »
So I've done a couple drawings in my sketchbook recently that I like enough to share. :)

This one I did purely for the sake of drawing a bunch of ballgowns, testing my design skills. And I even pushed myself to draw a background!

Last year, for my AP art concentration, I did a bunch of fashion illustrations in this style, but in watercolors. When I saw Look 5 from Elie Saab's most recent couture collection I wanted to do it again. Unfortunately my pencils couldn't do the color justice.

This is an old character whose story is kind of on hold right now. I've been having a hard time nailing down what she looks like in my head, so this is an attempt to do that.

Finally, this comes from a dream i had last night. I somehow got cast in a play as an "unnamed seamstress" (I think, for some reason my actual name was used? Dreams are weird). When I woke up I just had this image in my head, where the seamstress is begging an older woman to take her on as an apprentice/employee. I tried to show that it's a part in a play by drawing the stage makeup (mascara, blush, a tiny bit of eyeshadow, lipstick) and those who know me well would also be able to tell because my hair is in a bun here. Which I will only do if I'm going on stage.

These are all really good! Especially the ballgowns in the first are pretty, and I love the design of the dress in the second!

Here's one piece I just finished. It was a gift for a friend of mine for his birthday; his character in a RP im running, which is actually a reboot of the Victorian Horror RP here on the forum because honestly I really missed it, and because my friends wanted to start up a steampunk/victorian era game I ended up running it again! :) So far we're not much further than it went here on the forum, but I have much more planned. (actually if you're interested in reading it so far, or even joining maybe, PM me and I can send a link to the Discord chat)

Anyway, without further ado, Edward Victoria:

Spoiler: Big images • show

I also custom framed it! At first I tried to make a frame from scratch but it didn't work out so I just used the router to fancy up the edges of an already existing frame, and stained the wood a darker colour as well.

The style I was going for is kinda inspired by Don't Starve, I wanted something that gave off a real Victorian-Gothic vibe. In the RP, his character is a bit of a mad scientist who has some transmutation magic gained from a satanic ritual. (that's what he's doing in the drawing)

It was really fun and really difficult and really stressful and overall I'm really happy with how it turned out! ;D

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1957 on: February 20, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »
his character is a bit of a mad scientist who has some transmutation magic gained from a satanic ritual. (that's what he's doing in the drawing)
Alright, so if anyone asks about the missing 'E', we point out that a "satanic ritual" requires a sacrifice. Got it.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Athena

« Reply #1958 on: February 20, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
Alright, so if anyone asks about the missing 'E', we point out that a "satanic ritual" requires a sacrifice. Got it.

*incoherent screaming*

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #1959 on: February 20, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
*incoherent screaming*
*patpats* Do what JoB suggested  ;)
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Athena

« Reply #1960 on: February 20, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
*patpats* Do what JoB suggested  ;)

Well, nobody noticed anyway. I'm amazed that I didn't see that while I was working on it. It did seem like something was wrong with it but I wasn't sure what...

Edit: Through the power of digital editing it has been fixed

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:21:50 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #1961 on: February 21, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »
Well, nobody noticed anyway. I'm amazed that I didn't see that while I was working on it. It did seem like something was wrong with it but I wasn't sure what...

Edit: Through the power of digital editing it has been fixed

The glories of editing! Now you just have to print this out, break into your friend's house in the dead of night, switch them out, and none (but us) shall ever be the wiser!

I drew some Thrilling Intent.

I want to send them to the fridge but I am gripped with irrational terror every time I go to do it.   :V
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1962 on: February 22, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
The glories of editing! Now you just have to print this out, break into your friend's house in the dead of night, switch them out, and none (but us) shall ever be the wiser!

I drew some Thrilling Intent.

I want to send them to the fridge but I am gripped with irrational terror every time I go to do it.   :V
Seeend theeem!! They are really cool!

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1963 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »

I've done a woefully small amount of art lately, but here's some of it.
Am notified of private messages via email.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #1964 on: February 24, 2017, 03:35:04 AM »
Luth, that's such a cool drawing! I like the idea behind it!
Jhev, I really like those drawings, especially the eyes!
Lenny, that is an incredible design! It looks so cool!

So, I got an idea to draw planets as people. It was 3am, so that's probably why this is a very strange idea, but whatever.
Ta da! This is all I have gotten so far. I plan on finishing the other ones this week. ;D

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:39:38 AM by PickleChip »
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: