Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405157 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1905 on: December 19, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
Aaaaaaa Piney! These look so amazing! You're doing really well with the shading and as always I love how unique your art style is :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #1906 on: December 22, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »
These are some of the characters in one of my comic ideas about an elite squad who are the best of the best in the millitary. The story would focus arond one of the elites named Chi Yamanashi (this anime thing has taken over my life), who is insane and very good with weapons.

This is her with the rest of the elites

I had another drawing of her, but it had a lot of blood so I'll just link it
Spoiler: show
https://i.imgur.com/2d0bF6n.jpg
By the way, I'm not that good at drawing blood
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:13:47 PM by PickleChip »
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1907 on: December 23, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
These are some of the characters in one of my comic ideas about an elite squad who are the best of the best in the millitary. The story would focus arond one of the elites named Chi Yamanashi (this anime thing has taken over my life), who is insane and very good with weapons.

What super cute character designs!! I love all their different haircuts and heights! Sounds like a really fun story. :)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #1908 on: December 26, 2016, 01:23:13 AM »
meow its been a while! how is everyone doing over here!! merry chrimsbus and happy holidoos to everyone!!

a fluffy, cloud-like design!

commission!

gift for a good friend!!

STAY!! SPICY!!!!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1909 on: December 26, 2016, 01:36:35 AM »

I had another drawing of her, but it had a lot of blood so I'll just link it
Spoiler: show
https://i.imgur.com/2d0bF6n.jpg
By the way, I'm not that good at drawing blood

I don't who that guy on the far right is but I love him can I adopt him

meow its been a while! how is everyone doing over here!! merry chrimsbus and happy holidoos to everyone!!

a fluffy, cloud-like design!

commission!

gift for a good friend!!

STAY!! SPICY!!!!
Every time I see your drawings it makes me remember how good you are. Which is very good. I love these. <3
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1910 on: December 26, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »
John, different but very nice style, it gives off vibes of a medieval fight coming up.
Piney, I love the airy feel of the ballroom and the atmosphere of the forest. Both have so much motion and beautiful lighting.
Picklechip, cute OC! She looks like a wonderful splash of color in the middle of the elites.
Calli, I'll just keep staring at these for a while, if you don't mind. Lines, color choices and and the hair and eyes on the last one, wow!

Here's my fan art of Aesling, (Thrilling Intent) christmas present for Haiz.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1911 on: January 01, 2017, 05:20:37 PM »
I did a small new year doodle for my comic's characters:

and a small extra:

http://journeytonorth.uw.hu/home.php
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #1912 on: January 01, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
Unlos-- that painting of Ash looks GORGEOUS! I love it, and I'm sure that Haiz did as well. :')

And Krisse, I don't think I've ever properly expressed to you how much I like your style, but I really do love it. Your line arts are wonderful, and I love their smoothness and character consistency. Really lovely!

I haven't posted here in awhile, but I drew Basse with a mossbeard today so I thought I'd share.

:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1913 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
Ginger: the mossbeard suits him - very nice!

Martti/Krisse: i do like your drawing style, it's very clear.

Unlos: that is a beautiful and very subtly drawn face. I don't know the character, but she looks interesting.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1914 on: January 02, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »
I hate my art style... it is soo clear... I want to make it sketchy and messy, I find hem cooler ;3;
you always like the opposite of your style? people with messy styles loves my art, but I love their..... why?

but thanks.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #1915 on: January 03, 2017, 12:38:42 AM »
Paladin Áine, again. I need more characters.

At least the artstyle is different.

Now that I look at it...
The shorter robe and the knot, give the outfit of a pirate-y vibe. Guess I'll have to change stuff.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1916 on: January 03, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »
I hate my art style... it is soo clear... I want to make it sketchy and messy, I find hem cooler ;3;
you always like the opposite of your style? people with messy styles loves my art, but I love their..... why?

but thanks.

Us poor, doomed artists... ;_;
The only helpful thing I can think of is to look at sketchy art or comics everyday or at least weekly until it gets absorbed into your system without even realizing it.
Because after all this time of reading SSSS I think Minna's style of noses has seeped into my artwork.  Completely unintentionally...And sometimes I notice my art looks a little like other styles of webcomics I read or have read over a long period of time.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1917 on: January 03, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »
Ah man, thanks for the nice comments on my last art post ^__^ I wish I'd checked this thread sooner!

I haven't really been able to do anything recently because of webcomic & finals, but I did experiment a little with watercolors a couple nights ago. (+ gold ink because it makes everything better) (featuring my OC, Corin)

I also drew a new avatar for my twitter that I'm really happy with:  :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1918 on: January 07, 2017, 04:12:59 AM »
Ginger, eeee thank you! I like the very mossy moss beard it's a really good portrait! 
Róisín, thank you, Ashe is absolutely interesting character and I like following the show. Different than anything I've seen before as is a role play by a group of four guys  (at least at the point I'm at) with occasional animation and still pictures of the characters with different expressions. In the beginning the sound is a bit uneven but it gets better.
Marrti/Krisse, Piney, John, thank you for sharing your amazing works here!

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1919 on: January 07, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
Very good artwork, everybody! :)

I was given a really nice leather-bound journal for Christmas, and I've been using it as a sketchbook:

This was inspired by the game Year Walk. The game is based on Swedish folklore, and the creature in the drawing is the Kyrkogrim or Church Grim, a kind of guardian spirit of the church.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race