Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 136721 times)

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Improvements
« Reply #615 on: November 24, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
Actually what I've been thinking about is a Fandom Links box on the homepage, kinda like the one on the Wiki.
Excellent!
Or are some of the thingies so important to access at all times that a menu option is necessary? :)
Not really, as long as they're accessible as you've suggested. I thought of the Reaction Image Hoard (which is used for posting replies), but the fad has died down a bit I think, and not so many people use it
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Riflekorporal 1. klasse Johansen
« Reply #616 on: January 18, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
I don't speak Hebrew (though I did notice there's no ":israel:" flag, unless I did something wrong), but I am fairly familiar with Yiddish...any thoughts on the matter for the purpose of language indications in signatures in that regard?  It may well exist as an option but I can't seem to find a thread about the flags and whatnot anymore.  It's obviously not relevant to the comic, but just for purposes in the Language board in case someone has a question and can see that they can ask me.  Also, since it's not the language of any country per se, I can probably come up with a flag if need be (or both Hebrew and Yiddish can just use the Israeli flag).
Eg fekk min siste ordre i frå høgaste befal og han skreik / 170 gå å sjå om det er klart!

:us: EN :de: DE :no: NO :ru: RU :il: JI

:artd::book1+:
:book2::book3::book4:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #617 on: January 18, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »
I don't have any suggestions for a Yiddish flag, but at the least I can redirect you to the thread with all the flags! -> https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.0
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #618 on: January 18, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
I don't have any suggestions for a Yiddish flag, but at the least I can redirect you to the thread with all the flags! -> https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.0

Thanks for that, it was driving me insane and my searches were going in circles and to "there's been an error" sort of pages.

So, that being said, I do see that Israel is in fact missing; unsure where all of those flags originated, but I think I can make one for Yiddish with a little creativity (and sensitivity, as the one that's "out there" would 1) look really stupid at small size, and 2) is kind of offensive-ish to Jews), and I can probably locate the Hebrew one unless an admin here already has all of the national flags in that size and style.  I'll go ahead and get working on it, but just let me know your thoughts.

EDIT: Or I could just be non-difficult about aesthetics and just put the word "yiddish" in my signature.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:04:30 PM by PaperArtillery »
Eg fekk min siste ordre i frå høgaste befal og han skreik / 170 gå å sjå om det er klart!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2017, 11:50:23 AM »
unless an admin here already has all of the national flags in that size and style. 

Tadaaaaa! :israel:

I need to update that.... ............... XD
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:52:47 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
Tadaaaaa! :israel:

Did you make all of those, or are those from another site's/stock/whatever collection?  If there's a template for that style of flag, when it comes to Yiddish, the Internet seems to have the least controversy over one that simply has "chai" ("life") on it (חי) and I'd be happy to either make one (I can try to match the style when I'm back at my desk and Photoshop, I'm out and about at the moment) or if there's a template, most basic system fonts should support Hebrew characters with ease.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
Did you make all of those, or are those from another site's/stock/whatever collection?  If there's a template for that style of flag, when it comes to Yiddish, the Internet seems to have the least controversy over one that simply has "chai" ("life") on it (חי) and I'd be happy to either make one (I can try to match the style when I'm back at my desk and Photoshop, I'm out and about at the moment) or if there's a template, most basic system fonts should support Hebrew characters with ease.

I just have a big folder of them that I inherited from the first admin of the site. I know Eriaror sometimes made flags in the past when we didn't have them already made. Send him a PM, he might be able to give you a template or even make one for you.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #622 on: January 23, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »
I can do it. There's a flag in there for "north pole" and I can just overlay it on that. :)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #623 on: January 23, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »
I can do it. There's a flag in there for "north pole" and I can just overlay it on that. :)

Ok, once you're done, PM me and I can upload it to the site for you. That way everyone can use it :)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #624 on: January 24, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
I just have a big folder of them that I inherited from the first admin of the site.
It's not like I was watching them type as they set up each and every one, but I do remember that the first ones were added out of the famfamfam icon set (I still have a download of the same on my disks).
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #625 on: January 24, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
It's not like I was watching them type as they set up each and every one, but I do remember that the first ones were added out of the famfamfam icon set (I still have a download of the same on my disks).

I do have one made for Yiddish now (:yiddish:), but thanks for the pointer in that direction, that's awesome!

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #626 on: January 25, 2017, 07:50:44 AM »
You've probably already got this in the works, but on the off chance you missed it:

Since Minna has migrated the devlog for the side project to its own url, I suggest adding it and (eventually) the game's url to the 'Minna's Comics' drop-down menu, which should then be retitled 'Minna's Stuff' or the like.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2017, 05:35:56 AM »
Since I started The Fanfiction Index for the purpose of reference, I think it would do its job better if I could get it pinned - by the time I've got a new batch of updates ready, I usually have to dig it out of the second page.

I also had someone suggest starting a thingy for the same purpose - I know people are busy right now, but I'd be willing to look into getting it set up myself if someone could point me to where to go/which code to use.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
Since I started The Fanfiction Index for the purpose of reference, I think it would do its job better if I could get it pinned - by the time I've got a new batch of updates ready, I usually have to dig it out of the second page.

I also had someone suggest starting a thingy for the same purpose - I know people are busy right now, but I'd be willing to look into getting it set up myself if someone could point me to where to go/which code to use.

I can pin it, and I'll look into maybe getting it into thingies if you want.

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
So because doing forum stuff seemed good for procrastinating on uni work today, we now have a Fandom Links box on the homepage.
If there's anything important missing, I can add it really quick now. ;)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: