Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 136928 times)

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Improvements
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
Can't check now (no wifi) but I remember it's the same for Firefox on Android.

Unrelated and not directly linked to the forum per se, but couldn't find the original thread... Wouldn't this be a nice time to ask artists for a new batch of vote-incentive pics, while it's still summer for many people and the back-to-school potential influx of new readers coming from TWC is about to begin?
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

P__

« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
Kindly requesting that a list of emoticons (namely, those that don't show above the post-writing textbox) be added in the Important Info thread please :) or in another appropriate place
For ease of reference.

p.s.: I knew they were buried in this thread, Many of them aren't actually too far away (here) but there might be even more!

edit: there's also the :squirrelcookie: : squirrelcookie: the :hat: : hat: and the :betterhat: : betterhat: and possibly more

edit the 2nd: maybe adding the chapter survivor badges to the list would be cool too?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:45:09 PM by P__ »

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #602 on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »
Kindly requesting that a list of emoticons (namely, those that don't show above the post-writing textbox) be added in the Important Info thread please :) or in another appropriate place
For ease of reference.

p.s.: I knew they were buried in this thread, Many of them aren't actually too far away (here) but there might be even more!

edit: there's also the :squirrelcookie: : squirrelcookie: the :hat: : hat: and the :betterhat: : betterhat: and possibly more

edit the 2nd: maybe adding the chapter survivor badges to the list would be cool too?
I utilized SMF's additional smiley popup feature and added all the non-flag, non-ribbon ones to it! ;)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #603 on: September 03, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »
I utilized SMF's additional smiley popup feature and added all the non-flag, non-ribbon ones to it! ;)
Oh, awesome, thank you!! (We have both a Trond emoticon. This is amazing. :trond:)
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #604 on: September 06, 2016, 10:35:25 PM »
Add flags to emoticons? (At the very least the flags featured in SSSS)

Replace the Next/Previous Topic with Next/Previous page buttons? (Dunno if this forum system will let you though; but I have never encountered a forum system that has big next/previous topic buttons and no next/previous page button)
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #605 on: September 07, 2016, 11:28:02 PM »
Replace the Next/Previous Topic with Next/Previous page buttons? (Dunno if this forum system will let you though; but I have never encountered a forum system that has big next/previous topic buttons and no next/previous page button)
I think that this is a SMF problem and can't be fixed. :( Or if our skalds do fix it, it would be a relief for gazillion of forums that use SMF.

Edit. I guess that this feature isn't part of the normal download, but users have made mods to able this feature. Don't know if they are any good or if our forum is able to go beyond vanilla setup.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:33:40 PM by saminiemi »

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #606 on: October 21, 2016, 10:27:29 PM »
Idea: Given the number of people who post before introducing, not knowing the Introduction Thread exists, maybe we should have a banner of some kind on the main page?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #607 on: October 23, 2016, 04:40:29 AM »
Idea: Given the number of people who post before introducing, not knowing the Introduction Thread exists, maybe we should have a banner of some kind on the main page?
or anyone who just joined, they get a welcome bubble popping up saying to welcome them and tell them to introduce themselves?
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #608 on: October 23, 2016, 06:23:36 AM »

or anyone who just joined, they get a welcome bubble popping up saying to welcome them and tell them to introduce themselves?

That would be a good idea. I remember that back when I first joined the forum I only knew the thread existed because I had visited the forum as a guest before, and  coincidentally noticed it.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #609 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »
many of RPG-forums have a system : when a person is registered - in private messages comes automatic writing, which are links to "where you should start" :?
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »
I know Eri had some plans for something like that. The introduction thread isn't mandatory though. Some people prefer to stick to one section of the site and not participate everywhere.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Naess

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #611 on: November 22, 2016, 08:01:55 PM »
Hello there!

Would it be possible to have a Nigerian flag added to the list of flags?
Native: Igbo + :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Need to get back to: :arableague: :iceland:

P__

« Reply #612 on: November 23, 2016, 03:32:19 AM »
hi hi,
I think it had been suggested a while ago, but could we have a link to the "thingies" (at least the important ones like voting links and reaction image hoard) in the navigation bar at the top? That'd be cool
edit: or just to the Thingies directory, since it's there already
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:56:29 AM by P__ »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #613 on: November 23, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »
Hello there!

Would it be possible to have a Nigerian flag added to the list of flags?

Your wish is my command! :nigeria:
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #614 on: November 24, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
hi hi,
I think it had been suggested a while ago, but could we have a link to the "thingies" (at least the important ones like voting links and reaction image hoard) in the navigation bar at the top? That'd be cool
edit: or just to the Thingies directory, since it's there already
That is entirely doable.
Actually what I've been thinking about is a Fandom Links box on the homepage, kinda like the one on the Wiki. There we could have everything from the various other social media platforms to the update checker and the chat in one place.
Or are some of the thingies so important to access at all times that a menu option is necessary? :)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: