Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580810 times)

Auður/Úlfar

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her and Spivak
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1530 on: October 20, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
Hi!
I'm Auður/Úlfar! I'm 18, agender and Icelandic :)
I started reading SSSS about 2 weeks ago, but I'd seen some of the artwork before and never the name of it, so I was super happy to actually find it. :)
Fluent: Icelandic, English
Meh: Danish
Learning: German
Want to: So Many

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1531 on: October 20, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
Hi!
I started reading SSSS about 2 weeks ago, but I'd seen some of the artwork before and never the name of it, so I was super happy to actually find it. :)

Hæ! Welcome to the forum! It is so great to get more Icelanders here!

We have art and language stuff and stories and much much more. I hope you like it here, everyone is so nice and welcoming.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1532 on: October 20, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »
ok here goes X///[
Hallo there ! I'm shaeira (but you can call me Shai if you guys want ) . 17 yr. old turning 18 this December . I'm from somewhere in the Southeast asia. I discovered SSSS through someone who suggested it by posting a link in the comics of "Always Raining Here" so whoever that was THANK YOUUUU!  ;D ;D He/she posted a bunch of links to other comics and I'm so glad I clicked the SSSS one .
And wow you guys know a lot of diff. languages (and I'm just here with my own lang. and English)

Welcome!! This community is RIDICULOUSLY multilingual, I have to say @_@ Don't worry, you speak more than me! :0

Hi!

Welcome!! We have Icelandic, German, and Danish threads in the language board and lots more if you ever feel like practicing :0

This community is incredibly welcoming and will gladly answer any questions you have (` ᄇ ´ )b
I hope you both have a great time here!!
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1533 on: October 20, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
aaahhh welcome all newbies!! I hope you have a great time here ^________^

Hi!
hey, your tumblr url seems super familar, is it possible you've been following my tumblr for a while? O: is that where you saw ssss, i need to know for science
you'll know where to find me.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1534 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
I'd just like to give a big welcome to all you new members! It's nice to see some new faces around here. I hope you enjoy all the wonderful stuff we have here on the forum.  ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1535 on: October 20, 2015, 01:43:06 PM »
Hi! I'm Auður/Úlfar! I'm 18, agender and Icelandic :)
ok here goes X///[
Hallo there ! I'm shaeira
Hiya! I'm Shaula from the US West Coast
Hey, I am jmf. I am a 20 years old guy, living in the middle of germany
Plenty of new members, so croeso (:wales:) to everyone who's just joined! As usual, I'll direct you all to our IRC channel- #ssss.
Auður, I'm very jealous of you getting to live in Iceland- I love Iceland.
Shaeira, don't worry too much about languages- I'm only *fluent* in English, I'm learning Welsh and Spanish. If you want to learn more languages, we've got a load of threads relating to language learning- take a look at the languages board.
Shaula, love the news that Minna once had an angsty DeviantArt profile, that's brilliant.
Jmf, I've already seen you in the chat so I'll probably see you again at some point.

Smirty

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1536 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »
There is something about SSSS that seems to attract very genteel, curious, clever people. That is mind-baffling to me: how can a work of art gather so many good people? I sense a really good vibe here and so, even though I'm often busy, I fear I will need to come and procrastinate here from time to time.
You all seem to be language enthusiasts! Yessss. My first language is French (I was born in Belgium... Why, no Belgium flag for the forum?  :'( ) and moved to the United States (West Coast) in 2008. I enjoy learning new vocabulary in English still but I would also like to continue learning German. I took Latin in high school, that helps. (I looove looking up the etymology of words.) Anyway, feel free to harass me in German. Oh and I'm supposed to speak Dutch, which I have learned for twelve years in school, but I can't. Vicious teachers took that away from me! Though if you feel like writing to me in Dutch, please indulge. That would be good practice for me.
I see that you are all lovers of the arts (well, of course you are, Minna brought you here!). I am myself an illustrator and a part-time art lecturer. I also write and illustrate my own web comic, which I launched back in July this year. If you are curious, here it is: http://ap.smirtouille.com/Webcomic/index.php
That goes without mentioning that ever since I read SSSS, the idea of expressing myself in comic form has been stuck in my head. (Was that before 2013? Can that be possible?) It took me a long time to become competent enough to consider it a viable option. So the fact I begun this venture is a big deal to me. And I admire Minna for the work she has accomplished and continues to produce with passion and consistency everyday.

I'll leave a music here as a token of my gratitude to everyone who contributes to this peaceful lair.  :-*
/>
My webcomic: Angels Power | Going to Kickstarter in a couple of days, omg. 0_0'''
Native: :belgium: (Fluent: Français Fluent: English)

Auður/Úlfar

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her and Spivak
« Reply #1537 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
Hi everyone! Thank you for being so welcoming! :)
Haiz:
hey, your tumblr url seems super familar, is it possible you've been following my tumblr for a while? O: is that where you saw ssss, i need to know for science

I am following your tumblr! sadly, I did not find it until after I found the comic though

Para:
I'm very jealous of you getting to live in Iceland- I love Iceland.
haha maybe you can visit somtime ;)
Fluent: Icelandic, English
Meh: Danish
Learning: German
Want to: So Many

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1538 on: October 20, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »
Shaeira, Auður, Smirty - welcome to the community!!

ᶴ       ᶴ       ᶴ
   :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:    :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
   :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:    :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
   ¯¯¯¯¯¯\o/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Have some welcome cookies, fresh from the oven!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1539 on: October 20, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
Welcome to the forums, everyone!   :D

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
« Reply #1540 on: October 21, 2015, 11:31:12 PM »
ok here goes X///[
Hallo there ! I'm shaeira (but you can call me Shai if you guys want ) . 17 yr. old turning 18 this December . I'm from somewhere in the Southeast asia. I discovered SSSS through someone who suggested it by posting a link in the comics of "Always Raining Here" so whoever that was THANK YOUUUU!  ;D ;D He/she posted a bunch of links to other comics and I'm so glad I clicked the SSSS one .
And wow you guys know a lot of diff. languages (and I'm just here with my own lang. and English)
Hello, Shaeira. Welcome to the forums.

Finally! Somebody ese from Southeast Asia.  :)
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

Mélusine

« Reply #1541 on: October 22, 2015, 04:35:37 PM »
Welcome, many new members :) :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Amarnur

• Tumblr
  • Hello, forum goers more experienced than I *waves*
« Reply #1542 on: October 23, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
Hello! Total newbie here, caught up to the comic a couple hours ago. I usually don't involve myself in fandom things, preferring to just watch from the sidelines...so let's see how this goes! I live in America but my family is from southeast Asia, and my friend was the one who first got me into the comic. Hope I'll have fun here, which shouldn't be too hard because all you people have as-yet unrecorded levels of super nice  :)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1543 on: October 23, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »
Hello! Total newbie here, caught up to the comic a couple hours ago. I usually don't involve myself in fandom things, preferring to just watch from the sidelines...so let's see how this goes! I live in America but my family is from southeast Asia, and my friend was the one who first got me into the comic. Hope I'll have fun here, which shouldn't be too hard because all you people have as-yet unrecorded levels of super nice  :)

Welcome! It's viola from the chat *waves* Piney should be along shortly with some welcome cookies. I hope you like it here! The people are indeed unrecorded levels of super nice. I can attest to that. I was also one who didn't get involved in fandom and here I am chin deep in this one. I couldn't have made a better choice.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1544 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

Hello again, and welcome! : D
I thought I would be watching from the sidelines too, but here I am... So perhaps you'll be surprised. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge