Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580816 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1305 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
Hello, y'all! After many months of not being (vocally) active in the SSSS community, I figured I should re-introduce myself as a newbie again. I'm Chloe or Miss Honeyham, and I'm from the USA. No particular area (I'm the same age as Lalli and have lived in at least 7 states) although at the moment I live in Florida.

I know English and am studying Ancient Greek. I like being indoors, pink, and drawing stuff. Other pastimes are playing with fire, lying on the floor, crying, and drawing stupid comics and cute children. I will talk you to death.

Emil is the best character, admit this or taste my wrath. I've been following SSSS since about the second half of the prologue... I'd found it before then, but aRTD didn't catch my fancy so I didn't put SSSS at the top of my reading list. Now I am a rabid fan and check it religiously every morning.

Rock on, and I'll see you all around!

Ohohohoho, I live in Florida too! :D I wish you the best of luck in hurricane-dodging, ehehehe

I've seen your art in the art museum and I really love your style and I'm really excited that you're back and hopefully making more fanart ;3c

Anyways, (re-)welcome!!
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1306 on: August 31, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »
Hello, y'all! After many months of not being (vocally) active in the SSSS community, I figured I should re-introduce myself as a newbie again. I'm Chloe or Miss Honeyham, and I'm from the USA. No particular area (I'm the same age as Lalli and have lived in at least 7 states) although at the moment I live in Florida.

I know English and am studying Ancient Greek. I like being indoors, pink, and drawing stuff. Other pastimes are playing with fire, lying on the floor, crying, and drawing stupid comics and cute children. I will talk you to death.

Emil is the best character, admit this or taste my wrath. I've been following SSSS since about the second half of the prologue... I'd found it before then, but aRTD didn't catch my fancy so I didn't put SSSS at the top of my reading list. Now I am a rabid fan and check it religiously every morning.

Yay, Miss Honeyham is back!  I loved your art from the Forum's early days (especially Emil playing hairdresser salon with his little cousins) and I'm very glad that you're back and posting again!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1307 on: August 31, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »

Heyyy, welcome back!! Are squirrel cookies still appropriate for welcome-backs? :D :squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1308 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:29 PM »
Are squirrel cookies still appropriate for welcome-backs? :D :squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:
Are squirrel cookies not appropriate for something ? ::)
Anyway, welcome/welcome back Miss Honeyham, I'm... not sure I was here the last time...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
Introduction!
« Reply #1309 on: September 01, 2015, 01:34:28 AM »

Hi! I suppose this is where I should introduce myself. I've been on the chat for some time now, and have been lurking for even longer still (since mid-Chpt. 7), and I've finally (finally!) decided to make myself a forum account.

So greetings. I go by "Potato" usually, but apparently that username was already taken. So "Supreme Potato" it is.
8) 
I can read Korean (but can't type in Korean) and English with some level of fluency, as well as Simplified Chinese at a meh-ish level. So if you speak Mandarin Chinese, feel free to message me in that language! I can definitely use some practice typing in Chinese. I also keep telling myself that one of these days, I should learn Polish and Swedish. Neither of those actually happened.

As you probably guessed from my languages, I am South Korean by birth and heritage. But I've lived overseas for nearly a decade now, moving from city to city, which is why my primary language is actually English.

I'm up to date in both Stand Still, Stay Silent and A RedTail's Dream (which I read during the SSSS Chapter Break), and my favourite characters so far are... probably... Paju (even though Paju gets very little screen time in aRTD) and Reynir.

Anyways, nice to meet you all!
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1310 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:18 AM »
Hi! I suppose this is where I should introduce myself. I've been on the chat for some time now, and have been lurking for even longer still (since mid-Chpt. 7), and I've finally (finally!) decided to make myself a forum account.

So greetings. I go by "Potato" usually, but apparently that username was already taken. So "Supreme Potato" it is.
8) 
I can read Korean (but can't type in Korean) and English with some level of fluency, as well as Simplified Chinese at a meh-ish level. So if you speak Mandarin Chinese, feel free to message me in that language! I can definitely use some practice typing in Chinese. I also keep telling myself that one of these days, I should learn Polish and Swedish. Neither of those actually happened.

As you probably guessed from my languages, I am South Korean by birth and heritage. But I've lived overseas for nearly a decade now, moving from city to city, which is why my primary language is actually English.

I'm up to date in both Stand Still, Stay Silent and A RedTail's Dream (which I read during the SSSS Chapter Break), and my favourite characters so far are... probably... Paju (even though Paju gets very little screen time in aRTD) and Reynir.

Hey Potato! Great to see you here! You picked a great day to join, just in time for the party!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Introduction!
« Reply #1311 on: September 01, 2015, 01:45:11 AM »

8) 

Hello and welcome, Potato! Nice to meet you too - have some cookies and a party hat! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :hat:
...Or cookies in party hats?
:hat: :hat: :hat:
:squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Supreme Potato

« Reply #1312 on: September 01, 2015, 01:50:15 AM »
Hello and welcome, Potato! Nice to meet you too - have some cookies and a party hat! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :hat:
...Or cookies in party hats?
 :hat: :hat: :hat:
 :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Squirrel cookies in party hats!  :)

*noms*

Hey Potato! Great to see you here! You picked a great day to join, just in time for the party!
Heh. Thanks!

...party?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1313 on: September 01, 2015, 01:52:14 AM »
...party?

Today's the 1 year anniversary of the creation of the forum, so we're having a party :D

(also you don't have to speak nordic languages to put them in your signature, there are many people who don't)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1314 on: September 01, 2015, 01:53:34 AM »
Squirrel cookies in party hats!  :)

*noms*

Heh. Thanks!

...party?

Yes!  On Sept. 1, 2014, Forum-Thor Eich (all hail) created our Forum and led us across the Rainbow Bridge, like Wotan leading the Norse Gods to their splendid new home.  And we didn't even have to cheat any giants, dwarfs, or Rhine-Maidens to gain it!

For the next 20-odd hours we'll be celebrating around the globe and all over the internet.   Check the Fan-Forum First Anniversary Thread for more details...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:56:01 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Supreme Potato

« Reply #1315 on: September 01, 2015, 01:55:53 AM »
Today's the 1 year anniversary of the creation of the forum, so we're having a party :D

(also you don't have to speak nordic languages to put them in your signature, there are many people who don't)
1 year anniversary of this forum?

I assume that "Celebration" button (which leads me to a blank video-streaming site) and the "Confetti" button (which somehow doesn't work for me) has something to do with it.

But yaaaaay! One year anniversary! \o/

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1316 on: September 01, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »
1 year anniversary of this forum?

I assume that "Celebration" button (which leads me to a blank video-streaming site) and the "Confetti" button (which somehow doesn't work for me) has something to do with it.

But yaaaaay! One year anniversary! \o/

The confetti button is meant to trigger a confetti animation on your screen. The celebration site is where there will be a movie streaming later on today.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1317 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
Thanks for the welcome back, guys. (Especially the cookies.)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #1318 on: September 01, 2015, 11:48:32 AM »
Hi everyone!

After months passed in the shadows without contact with the rest of the community, I finally decided to introduce myself!
I'm Andrea, a proud Italian with a great love for books and movies. I've gotta say, I didn't expect such a friendly community!
I've started reading this comic during my free time at school and I was prepared for another badly written excuse of a drama. Instead I've got one of the most original and interesting comics ever! Well, I think that's what satisfaction feels like!
That's all! And now I take you... TO THE WEATHER. (Did anyone catch the reference? No? Ok...)

Be welcome ! And have a good stay with us :D Hope you'll find what you search in the forum :D
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1319 on: September 02, 2015, 01:58:58 AM »
Welcome to ze forum, all ye new (ish?) people! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

8) 

你好!And welcome! I have semi-decent Mandarin! And so do a few other people who are better than I am at it, my literacy level is honestly atrocious--though I prOMISE YOU I SPEAK IT MUCH BETTER. PROMISE! You should check out the Mandarin Chinese thread in the Languages Board C:
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz