Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581235 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 15, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »
Hi, and thanks. (: And there's a lot of Norwegians here? That's cool. Where are the scriptorium threads? In general discussion?
Relatively many norwegians, indeed.
There's a SSSS fanfic scriptorium on the SSSS board, and a general scriptorium on the general board! ^_^

oh and I meant to hi five you for being a sort-of fellow history bachelor student! I'm about to start my second year of art history, though, and I kinda suck at history. haha
you'll know where to find me.

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1201 on: August 15, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »
Relatively many norwegians, indeed.
There's a SSSS fanfic scriptorium on the SSSS board, and a general scriptorium on the general board! ^_^

oh and I meant to hi five you for being a sort-of fellow history bachelor student! I'm about to start my second year of art history, though, and I kinda suck at history. haha

Thanks for the links (:

Well, I'm done with my bachelor, but high five. I did some art history in my spare time when studying, so I have this super-huge and heavy book that spans across all of it XD I wish I could've done some modules (I studied in Wales, so that's what they called them there) on art history, but there were none :/

Oh well, thanks for all help and the welcome (:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1202 on: August 15, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
Wow, this place is a lot bigger than I thought 0_0 I've been thinking about going to these forums for quite a while, but never really did. Now I realize that they're quite big, feels like a daunting task to get started XD.

Anyways, hi, my name is Hans, but you can call me Rawen if you'd prefer that (a lot easier to remember, since it's part of my username :P), and I'm 20 years old. I just finished a bachelor in history, but I found out half-way through the bachelor grade that I don't really want to work with history, so I'm going to uni again next year to do biology. I'm Norwegian, born and raised in Bergen and all that.

I started reading SSSS when it first came out, as I had been reading Redtail's before that. My hobbies are... well, the main ones would be writing, drawing, reading, playing and listening to music, learning about different subjects (Biology, chemistry, history, psychology and law being my favorite topics) and playing video-games. I speak Norwegian (and understand Danish and Swedish as a result), English and German, as well as can read and understand some Icelandic.
Welcome here and hello, fellow former historian student ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1203 on: August 15, 2015, 11:20:52 AM »
Wow, this place is a lot bigger than I thought 0_0 I've been thinking about going to these forums for quite a while, but never really did. Now I realize that they're quite big, feels like a daunting task to get started XD.

Anyways, hi, my name is Hans, but you can call me Rawen if you'd prefer that (a lot easier to remember, since it's part of my username :P), and I'm 20 years old. I just finished a bachelor in history, but I found out half-way through the bachelor grade that I don't really want to work with history, so I'm going to uni again next year to do biology. I'm Norwegian, born and raised in Bergen and all that.

I started reading SSSS when it first came out, as I had been reading Redtail's before that. My hobbies are... well, the main ones would be writing, drawing, reading, playing and listening to music, learning about different subjects (Biology, chemistry, history, psychology and law being my favorite topics) and playing video-games. I speak Norwegian (and understand Danish and Swedish as a result), English and German, as well as can read and understand some Icelandic.
Ahaha, it happens! I switched my major after my first year, and then had second thoughts after my third year in the new one again >_>;

Also, another Bergen person! Isn't Sigrid from there?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1204 on: August 15, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »

Welcome here and hello, fellow former historian student ^^

Hello, it's nice to meet you (:

Ahaha, it happens! I switched my major after my first year, and then had second thoughts after my third year in the new one again >_>;

Also, another Bergen person! Isn't Sigrid from there?

Hi!

I pretty much had several things I wanted to do, did History, and decided that I didn't want to work with it (either teacher or historian, and less in the way of a master than I thought there would be), so I'm going with something a bit more practical (bio-engineer), although I'll have to take some exams before that. (: But yeah, it's difficult to find out what you're going to be when you grow up, even when you're a grown up.

She's from the area, yeah. Right now I live a different place in the West of Norway, but one day I'll move back (when I have the oppertunity).

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1205 on: August 15, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »

A slightly late welcome to you, but apparently no one has given you welcome cookies, and all newbies deserve those!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1206 on: August 15, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »

Hello, fellow Norwegian and Bergenser!!!! I'm trying to come up with something more to say but I'm sort of tired right now cx Anyway, welcome to the forum :3

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1207 on: August 15, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »
A slightly late welcome to you, but apparently no one has given you welcome cookies, and all newbies deserve those!

Hi and thanks (:

Hello, fellow Norwegian and Bergenser!!!! I'm trying to come up with something more to say but I'm sort of tired right now cx Anyway, welcome to the forum :3

Hello! And it is getting sort of late, so I sort of get it :P Thanks, everyone's been so pleasant here (:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1208 on: August 16, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »

VELKOMMEN LANDSMANN! Yes, yes excellent, the horde is growing! You'll probably see me and Haiz around a lot, as well as some others.
I've studied at the University in Bergen but I don't live there. If you like video games there's an SSSS steam group.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1209 on: August 16, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »
VELKOMMEN LANDSMANN!

I love how german your language sounds (read with bokmål pronounciation in my head, well knowing that this might be heavily german influenced XD)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1210 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »
Hello everyone!
I'm terribly shy and tend to lurk, but I figured an introduction might be useful. Hi, I'm Yuu. Some of my interests are northern European history, epic literature, travel, and writing fanfiction (nothing for SSSS so far; but yes for aRTD). Oh, and I'm from Canada.

I first became aware of SSSS during the print campaign, but didn't actually start reading it until a couple of weeks ago, at the beginning of this August. I wanted to wait until I had the book version in my hand, because I usually prefer to read on paper. But then I just... I couldn't resist. And I'm glad I finally gave in, because I'm utterly hooked on it. Minna's storytelling skills are stellar! Also, I'm very fond of A Redtail's Dream; that comic seems almost as if it were tailor-made for me. Come into my arms, aRTD fans! Let me love you!

You all seem like lovely people, and I look forward to becoming more familiar with you.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #1211 on: August 16, 2015, 07:17:35 PM »
Oh yes, this is a lovely place with lovely people :) Welcome among us, Yuuago !
(Piney, have you ever thing about a career in baking cookies ?)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1212 on: August 16, 2015, 07:20:10 PM »
Hello everyone!
I'm terribly shy and tend to lurk, but I figured an introduction might be useful. Hi, I'm Yuu. Some of my interests are northern European history, epic literature, travel, and writing fanfiction (nothing for SSSS so far; but yes for aRTD). Oh, and I'm from Canada.

I first became aware of SSSS during the print campaign, but didn't actually start reading it until a couple of weeks ago, at the beginning of this August. I wanted to wait until I had the book version in my hand, because I usually prefer to read on paper. But then I just... I couldn't resist. And I'm glad I finally gave in, because I'm utterly hooked on it. Minna's storytelling skills are stellar! Also, I'm very fond of A Redtail's Dream; that comic seems almost as if it were tailor-made for me. Come into my arms, aRTD fans! Let me love you!

You all seem like lovely people, and I look forward to becoming more familiar with you.

Hi Yuu! Someone will probably be around with squirrel cookies in a bit, but let me be the first (well, second. Ninja'd by Mélusine!) to welcome you here! Between the travel, literature, and writing, I'm sure you'll find lots to talk about with us ;D And we've got a few Canadians around here, too: you can join the club! Don't worry about being a lurker or shy: I am (er, was? Still shy but slowly getting over it) too, and everyone here is really friendly and fun to talk to. So come! Check out some threads! And I said it once before, but I'll say it again: welcome! ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1213 on: August 16, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
Hello everyone!

Yay!!! More Canadians! We shall all slowly take over the world while no one is looking :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #1214 on: August 16, 2015, 07:23:21 PM »
Don't worry about being a lurker or shy: I am (er, was? Still shy but slowly getting over it) too, and everyone here is really friendly and fun to talk to.
How many of us begun here with a "I'm a little shy so..." ? ::)