Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580926 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1110 on: July 20, 2015, 04:20:09 AM »
Welcome StarN1ght, MicaNyx and MrHouse :) Have a cookie !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1111 on: July 20, 2015, 06:59:13 AM »
greyaro ace polyamorous nerd

I have zero idea what that means, but welcome! I have a feeling you'll fit right in. So, toes, how many you got?

Hi  ;D.

My name is Arturo, I'm an architect from Mexico. I learned of this comic by a friend that shares my love of the post-apocalypse genre in books/movies/games; although I think that the 'zombies' thing is getting clubbed to death, this is a refreshing take on the trope :D.

There's not much to say about me. I'm a but of a shut-in, but I try to go out every once in a while as to not go crazy, I have a 13 year-old beagle that no one has told him he's old :p, and I enjoy RPGs such as D&D, Deadlands (classic), World of Darkness (both old and new :) ), and Iron Kingdoms.

Welcome! Your name is a Fallout reference, am I right?

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1112 on: July 20, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »
Welcome, everybody!
I firmly believe that special snowflakiness is fine as long as you only use the term ironically. ;)
I ALSO COSPLAY LALLI AND 5/6 OF THE CAST))
Dangit, now I really wanna see you as Mikkel. XD
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1113 on: July 20, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »
Dangit, now I really wanna see you as Mikkel. XD
I refuse to believe there isn't a portly dude in his mid-30s somewhere who doesn't want to cosplay our favorite medic.
keepin' the dream alive!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #1114 on: July 21, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
Hmm, introduce myself they said. Well physically age wise I'm a certifiable "old fart" however I seem to be like Peter Pan's Lost Boys in that I've never grown up. I got into anime when I was recovering from cancer, from there my son, 10 yrs old at the time, got me into manga, we both discovered web comics and so it goes. He's now 22 and I'm, well never mind. I read way too many, it's so hard to keep up ;) I started reading RTD 3 chapter breaks ago, but just during the breaks, but I finished it last time so I'll have to hang out here for the duration of this one. Reading at work is a pain, I'm behind so much security stuff a lot of things don't make it through or if I click on a link, even a benign one, I get tossed out. And then I forget, see above, to get on from home and follow those links. Oh well. Having read a number of web comics I have to say this is one the best drawn, best illustrated, excellent story line, excellent character development, ones that I have encountered. And 5 days a week updates, just incredible. I hope I can snag a book when they hit the store. Speaking of other web comics, Ashley Cope's Unsounded is another absolutely top notch one. And speaking again of other web comics does anyone have any information on what happened to Chasing the Sunset. It came to a stop Sept 2013 and nothing since from the creators. It will be a real shame if the creators personal circumstances prevent its continuation, but being dead for almost 2 years is not a good sign. Well sorry I digressed. The big thing I need to figure out is how to see picture that the Cosplay thread folks post. I'm a regular volunteer at Anime Boston so I really enjoy seeing what folks are doing. Well enough, me talkative? My wife doesn't think so ;) TTFN
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Mélusine

« Reply #1115 on: July 21, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »
Welcome Iceea :) My biscuits are not ready to be eaten but I'm sure Piney's welcome cookies are not far away !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #1116 on: July 21, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »
Hi, everyone! I am reintroducing myself, because I am now identifying as agender! So please use they/them/theirs when referring to me, instead of she/her/hers. Thanks!
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Soikia

• You never know when you'll need swing music
« Reply #1117 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum Iceea, and a warm welcome to the others that have recently joined!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1118 on: July 21, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »
Welcome Iceea! I humbly offer you some welcome cookies :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #1119 on: July 21, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
Hi, everyone! I am reintroducing myself, because I am now identifying as agender! So please use they/them/theirs when referring to me, instead of she/her/hers. Thanks!
Can you specify it on your signature, please ? :) I hate making mistakes on pronouns.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #1120 on: July 21, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »
Welcome Iceea! I humbly offer you some welcome cookies :D

::Hears heavenly chorus, sees sparkling cookies::
MmmmmMost Best!!!  :D

Om nom nom nom ... !

Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

MrHouse

« Reply #1121 on: July 22, 2015, 01:48:21 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :). Haiz I love art history, as well as architectural history (I'm actually aiming to earn a Master's Degree in Architectural Restoration); and yes Fimbulvarg, my name is a Fallout reference (New Vegas to be precise :p), one of my favorite games :D.
"It may look as though mankind is making a comeback. In the NCR, you have something that resembles a nation state. Savage as it is, in Caesar's Legion, you have an organized society. But neither of these offer a future. They're regurgitations of the past."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1122 on: July 22, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »
Haiz I love art history, as well as architectural history (I'm actually aiming to earn a Master's Degree in Architectural Restoration)
NICE! I'm more of an artist than a historian, and architecture isn't exactly my strong suit, but architectural restauration sounds awesome! I've already been at the Nidarosdomen Cathedral restoration centre, and it's really cool. They're putting so much work into carving all those gargoyles. i love gargoyles
you'll know where to find me.

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1123 on: July 23, 2015, 04:14:38 AM »
Hello everyone!

I thought I'd make use of the chapter break to join the forum.

I am currently in uni as a second year bachelor student, reading Japanese and Chinese Studies.
Despite this, I am not sure I will ever speak both languages... *sigh*
Outside of uni and SSSS, my interests are reading, writing, botany, all kinds of language related info, my pets, ancient history (from time to time), myths and different religions and philosophical theories. Alas, I don't really know a lot about any of those (there aren't enough hours in the day - and I like sleeping too much)!
I have been following Minna's work form the early pages of a RTD and was more than a bit excited when she finally started SSSS.

Well, that's it.
Pleased to make your acquaintances!
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

Mogram

• *snerk*
« Reply #1124 on: July 23, 2015, 04:55:46 AM »
Hello all!
So yes, I am Mogram. I'm fourteen, I play french horn and violin (uh, fiddle) and I'm from Australia, on the east coast kinda bit. I've been reading SSSS since the dream sequence when Lalli first encountered Reynir (gosh, that feels like a long time ago!). I'm pretty much a complete newbie to the forum, though I've posted a couple things in the Art Museum.
So yeah, that's pretty much it I guess. Pleasure to meet you all! Have a nice day!