Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580857 times)

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4350 on: March 17, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
I'm not italian, but I do understand and speak/write a little bit italian.

Good. Thanks for the clarification.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4351 on: March 17, 2021, 04:55:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum Corvo!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4352 on: March 17, 2021, 08:49:17 PM »
Welcome to the fan forum, Corvo!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4353 on: March 18, 2021, 01:37:04 AM »
Corvo, welcome to the Forum! I think you will find much here of interest.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4354 on: March 18, 2021, 03:47:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum Corvo!

Welcome to the fan forum, Corvo!

Corvo, welcome to the Forum! I think you will find much here of interest.

Once again, thank you.

Can I ask a question: if anyone has any questions to ask, related to new topics they'd like to talk about (comic-related or otherwise), to whom or where can they ask them?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4355 on: March 18, 2021, 06:01:42 AM »
Hello and welcome, Corvo! We are glad to have you here!

As for questions and topics, I suggest you take a look around the forum first. Very many things already have a thread. Topics related to the comic go to the SSSS board and other subjects to General Discussion Board. Discussion about personal stuff is meant to go to the child board Personal under General Discussion Board. Language-related discussions go to the Languages board

If you find an existing thread, you are free to comment on it. If not, anyone is free to open a new thread. We also have a new Politics board, which will show up when you have enough posts (this is intended as a precaution to prevent an influx of outsiders at times of heated debates). On the Politics board, a new thread can be opened by request. Otherwise you may open a new thread by using the forum tools. There is also the General Discussion Thread, which is, as the name implies, meant for discussion that doesn't go anywhere else.

After a bit of a look around you'll get the bearings! The Forum and Website Discussion Board has the forum rules: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=4.0 Most importantly, the general area of the forum is to be kept PG-13 / Teens rated, so anything suitable only for adults (whether due to sexual, violent or other content) is not to be posted here. There is a Mature board too, which will be possible to access for adults, after a sufficient forum presence has been established.

On the top of the page there is the My messages tab, under which you can send personal messages. If you need support with the forum, you can contact the mods and skalds (skald is a sort of an almost-moderator role here), such as myself by personal message too. We are here to Help! :reynir:

You will not get yelled at even if you post in a wrong thread or board by accident :) Like you said, we are very friendly :) You may get told where would be better to post or get your message moved by a mod, this is also always meant as friendly instruction.

As you mention you are a writer, I would especially like to point out the upcoming Chapter Break Filler! The discussion about the next one is here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1118.0 (at the start of the thread is the general discussion about what is a chapter break filler, the current one starts from page 14. There are links to the previous rounds there. You are invited!

A couple of other pages you may find interesting:
Discussion about each current page: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=6.0
SSSS scriptorium (SSSS related writing): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=193.0
Forum scriptorium (writing not related to SSSS): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=257.0
General discussion: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.0

As you'll quickly notice, many of the key threads have hundreds upon hundreds of pages of material :) You are not expected to go through everything before commenting on a thread :) although it's of course polite to take a look at a few of the latest pages to minimize unnecessary repetition.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4356 on: March 18, 2021, 06:03:00 AM »
Aaand just as I posted all of that, I remembered Keep Looking has actually done an index page for us! Here it is:

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1157.0

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4357 on: March 18, 2021, 08:19:19 AM »
Welcome, Curvo, so nice to meet you! And so nice to find more writers on this forum! This place is very a very welcoming and comfortable and it feels like everyone is a friend to everyone and this indeed is amazing.
Just out of curiosity: so you write books, in what language? Italian or English? :D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4358 on: March 18, 2021, 08:36:37 AM »
Welcome, Curvo, so nice to meet you! And so nice to find more writers on this forum! This place is very a very welcoming and comfortable and it feels like everyone is a friend to everyone and this indeed is amazing.
Just out of curiosity: so you write books, in what language? Italian or English? :D

Thank you for your welcome!

To answer your question, my books are all in Italian. However, if luck allows me to become a recognized writer, I would love to translate them someday.

Hello and welcome, Corvo! We are glad to have you here!

As for questions and topics, I suggest you take a look around the forum first. Very many things already have a thread. Topics related to the comic go to the SSSS board and other subjects to General Discussion Board. Discussion about personal stuff is meant to go to the child board Personal under General Discussion Board. Language-related discussions go to the Languages board

If you find an existing thread, you are free to comment on it. If not, anyone is free to open a new thread. We also have a new Politics board, which will show up when you have enough posts (this is intended as a precaution to prevent an influx of outsiders at times of heated debates). On the Politics board, a new thread can be opened by request. Otherwise you may open a new thread by using the forum tools. There is also the General Discussion Thread, which is, as the name implies, meant for discussion that doesn't go anywhere else.

After a bit of a look around you'll get the bearings! The Forum and Website Discussion Board has the forum rules: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=4.0 Most importantly, the general area of the forum is to be kept PG-13 / Teens rated, so anything suitable only for adults (whether due to sexual, violent or other content) is not to be posted here. There is a Mature board too, which will be possible to access for adults, after a sufficient forum presence has been established.

On the top of the page there is the My messages tab, under which you can send personal messages. If you need support with the forum, you can contact the mods and skalds (skald is a sort of an almost-moderator role here), such as myself by personal message too. We are here to Help! :reynir:

You will not get yelled at even if you post in a wrong thread or board by accident :) Like you said, we are very friendly :) You may get told where would be better to post or get your message moved by a mod, this is also always meant as friendly instruction.

As you mention you are a writer, I would especially like to point out the upcoming Chapter Break Filler! The discussion about the next one is here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1118.0 (at the start of the thread is the general discussion about what is a chapter break filler, the current one starts from page 14. There are links to the previous rounds there. You are invited!

A couple of other pages you may find interesting:
Discussion about each current page: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=6.0
SSSS scriptorium (SSSS related writing): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=193.0
Forum scriptorium (writing not related to SSSS): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=257.0
General discussion: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.0

As you'll quickly notice, many of the key threads have hundreds upon hundreds of pages of material :) You are not expected to go through everything before commenting on a thread :) although it's of course polite to take a look at a few of the latest pages to minimize unnecessary repetition.

Wow, what a long and detailed message. Thank you so much for the information. I will try to make good use of it....

Question: do you two want to be friends? I like to make friends with people who can explain new things to me in detail....

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4359 on: March 18, 2021, 10:56:30 AM »
I don’t know what you mean by “friends” in that there is no connection feature like that here, but do feel free to message me with your questions, if you don’t feel like asking here or the General Discussion thread!

And of course we are all friends here :)

BTW I only just paid attention to your last mention about role playing. Go check out the PeSSSSonas child board under SSSS board! There is an ongoing game at the moment, where you can get an idea. I’m sure they’ll also advise you in the OOC discussion thread (please don’t post in the game thread as that is for ingame only).

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #4360 on: March 18, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
Welcome welcome Corvo! Here, have a cookie! :squirrelcookie:
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4361 on: March 18, 2021, 02:22:24 PM »
Welcome welcome Corvo! Here, have a cookie! :squirrelcookie:

Ohh, thank you sweetheart! BTW; I see from your profile info you would like to learn Italian someday....

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #4362 on: March 18, 2021, 02:47:03 PM »
Ohh, thank you sweetheart! BTW; I see from your profile info you would like to learn Italian someday....

Sure do. I love the language,I can count and say some basic phrases, but it´ll have to wait for a bit until I start to seriously learn it. Currently I´m busy with Finnish. (Also a very nice language! I see you want to study it too. There´s a thread for it on the language-board, if you want to talk to other people who are learning it.)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4363 on: March 18, 2021, 03:15:30 PM »
Sure do. I love the language,I can count and say some basic phrases, but it´ll have to wait for a bit until I start to seriously learn it. Currently I´m busy with Finnish. (Also a very nice language! I see you want to study it too. There´s a thread for it on the language-board, if you want to talk to other people who are learning it.)

That would be interesting.

The reason why I haven't started studying it yet is because I would prefer a more friendly approach, as a cultural exchange, than as a simple language lesson...

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4364 on: March 19, 2021, 01:59:23 AM »
Corvo, you may find some interesting and friendly conversations on the languages board. I have only a very little Italian, most of my Italian vocabulary being botanical, culinary or very basic conversation. I can read a bit more, enough to read poetry, song lyrics and botanical texts, but not much more than that. I am sure you will find people here to talk to. By the way, do you know the work of Adel Angelica Brewer, another Italian writer, who is both a good writer and a thoroughly sweet person? I recommend her autobiographical work ‘Seventy Thousand Camels’.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!