Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580858 times)

Ammerynth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
Yay, another swedish-learner! Welcome :)
Yay :)

Oh, finally one who's not older than me! Oh wait... Does that mean I'm no longer the little one here? N-nooo... I wanna be the little one of the community... maybe she's still older than me...

Oh right. Welcome.
Well, my birthday's in March, so you might still be younger than me :P

Welcome! I hope you have as much fun as we do being part of our social little community~
I hope so too!

Don't worry, Nimphy : as long as Tara is not after world domination, everything should be juuuuust fiiiiiine..

Welcome, Tara!
Nope, I'm not interested in world domination- that seems like too much work- although, hmm, if total control over everything was offered to me...

Hi, Tara!  ;D Sounds like you'd fit right in to this community!
Hi! I sure hope so~
Native: :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
Cats everywhere!
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2014, 10:40:44 PM »
Hello!
I'm completely new to the comic (last friday), the fandom (during the weekend) and the forum (today)!
For some reason it was not working for me yesterday but thank god it actually exists!
I just passed the 1/4 of a century in RL but only in my 10s on the internets~
Big cat fan (4 stupid very intelligent ones at home) and that may be one of the many reasons I am a big fan (Lalli ftw).
I hope to one day being able to draw cat's like Minna <3
And that is all I can think of for an introductions!
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
Re: Cats everywhere!
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
Hello!
I'm completely new to the comic (last friday), the fandom (during the weekend) and the forum (today)!
For some reason it was not working for me yesterday but thank god it actually exists!
Big cat fan (4 stupid very intelligent ones at home) and that may be one of the many reasons I am a big fan (Lalli ftw).
I hope we see your art over at the SSSS Art Museum thread someday!
Welcome to the community~
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cats everywhere!
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2014, 11:08:09 PM »
Hello!
"Thank god it actually exists"... that was my same feeling! Welcome to the SSSS community! (and Lalli FTW! *pumps fist*)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2014, 01:46:44 AM »
So, I am Solokov.

I hail from the U.S.'s west coast, originally from California I'm now starting to roam and wander while I chase work with the U.S. Forest Service. I'm 24 (25 in a couple months). My hobbies are the following: Camping hunting, gaming, sleeping, reading, writing and learning waaaaay too much for my own good regarding weapons and weapons systems (as some of you may have noticed from my posts elsewhere on the forum). At some point I also picked up on Trig a bit too well and like doing calculations on how to launch things into orbit. Rocks.. socks.. potatos, etc etc.

Languages that I understand: U.S. English, The Queen's English, some field Spanish.
Languages I can write: U.S. English
Languages I currently aspire to learn: Russian, Ukrainian, one of the Scandinavian languages, Australian English.

My mantra is live life, start chaos, however do not mistake me for an anarchist.

At some point I do intend to draw up something based off a dream I had last night about the SSSS world.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
So, I am Solokov.

I hail from the U.S.'s west coast, originally from California I'm now starting to roam and wander while I chase work with the U.S. Forest Service. I'm 24 (25 in a couple months). My hobbies are the following: Camping hunting, gaming, sleeping, reading, writing and learning waaaaay too much for my own good regarding weapons and weapons systems (as some of you may have noticed from my posts elsewhere on the forum). At some point I also picked up on Trig a bit too well and like doing calculations on how to launch things into orbit. Rocks.. socks.. potatos, etc etc.

Languages that I understand: U.S. English, The Queen's English, some field Spanish.
Languages I can write: U.S. English
Languages I currently aspire to learn: Russian, Ukrainian, one of the Scandinavian languages, Australian English.

My mantra is live life, start chaos, however do not mistake me for an anarchist.

At some point I do intend to draw up something based off a dream I had last night about the SSSS world.
Welcome to the forum!
You're a very interesting person.
I think you'll fit in perfectly~
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
You're a very interesting person.
I think you'll fit in perfectly~

Ditto that. He'll fit in perfectly.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »

I like your mantra. What do you do, after the chaos has started? make some more? :)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2014, 02:09:48 AM »
I like your mantra. What do you do, after the chaos has started? make some more? :)

Make sense of the chaos, then start more.

The full manta is as follows:

"It is important to do what you don't know how to do. It is important to see your skills as keeping you from leaning what is deepest and most mysterious. If you know how to focus, unfocused. If your tendency is to make sense out of chaos, start chaos."

Which TL:DR's into "Live life, start chaos".
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2014, 06:50:33 AM »
Haia everyone, I'm Gwenno and new to the fan forum as of yesterday ^_^

I was introduced to webcomics by a friend about two years ago, and found ARTD soon after by clicking on a link (the one with Hannu crossing over a tree bridge and Ville in bear form - it was just so pretty!). This was sometime during the bear arc and I've been following Minna's comics ever since   :) (And sometimes posting comments on the actual comic so I may be vaguely familiar to some of you…..)

I hail from the UK and am a science student at uni which is a pretty fun thing to be! On top of this fun stuff I do martial arts, play music, hike, bake, paint pictures and cosplay (although not very well at the moment). I also maaaay have cosplayed Braidy to a party earlier this year and if I have the guts may post a picture on the art museum. Although I don't live with any cats I have a slight reputation as a mad-cat-lady because I get along so well with all the ones in town. Hopefully this will prove useful in the inevitable post-rash future :P

As for languages, I'm fluent in Welsh and English, am okayish with spoken Japanese and know tourist level French, Spanish and Italian

That seems like a full introduction right  :-\
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »

I was introduced to webcomics by a friend about two years ago, and found ARTD soon after by clicking on a link (the one with Hannu crossing over a tree bridge and Ville in bear form - it was just so pretty!). This was sometime during the bear arc and I've been following Minna's comics ever since   :) (And sometimes posting comments on the actual comic so I may be vaguely familiar to some of you…..)

I hail from the UK and am a science student at uni which is a pretty fun thing to be! On top of this fun stuff I do martial arts, play music, hike, bake, paint pictures and cosplay (although not very well at the moment). I also maaaay have cosplayed Braidy to a party earlier this year and if I have the guts may post a picture on the art museum. Although I don't live with any cats I have a slight reputation as a mad-cat-lady because I get along so well with all the ones in town. Hopefully this will prove useful in the inevitable post-rash future :P

As for languages, I'm fluent in Welsh and English, am okayish with spoken Japanese and know tourist level French, Spanish and Italian

Hi, welcome! :D We'd LOVE to see your cosplay.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »

Welcome! I'll echo Sol, we want to see your cosplay naaooo.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2014, 01:36:32 AM »

I hail from the UK and am a science student at uni which is a pretty fun thing to be! On top of this fun stuff I do martial arts, play music, hike, bake, paint pictures and cosplay (although not very well at the moment). I also maaaay have cosplayed Braidy to a party earlier this year and if I have the guts may post a picture on the art museum.

As for languages, I'm fluent in Welsh and English, am okayish with spoken Japanese and know tourist level French, Spanish and Italian.

Welcome!  We'll have to ask our Forum-Gods to create a Welsh flag so you can post your languages in your signature (if you want to).  And we would love love love to see cosplay photos.  A lot of us take a keen interest in costume, as you may have deduced from the Uniform Overanalysis thread. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
Welcome!  We'll have to ask our Forum-Gods to create a Welsh flag so you can post your languages in your signature (if you want to).  And we would love love love to see cosplay photos.  A lot of us take a keen interest in costume, as you may have deduced from the Uniform Overanalysis thread.
:wales:  Already there.  Knew we'd get a Welsh speaker eventually.

Also: Hey, Gwenno.  Good to see you coming here from the comments!
Feel free to PM.

Deirdre

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »
*With very unsure and timid voice* Hi..?

I dream to just quietly sneak past the introduction topic, but I've already learned it's impossible in most communities, so here I am, to have a good start.

I first came across A Redtail's Dream in November 2011, and than casually forgot about its existance somewhere between chapters three and four. I re-discovered the comic last year, and naturally came here when SSSS started. I made my first comment yesterday (also, I created a Disqus account on that occasion), and was encouraged to come to the forum. I already like it in here, especially the Language Board. :)

And for a proper introduction, I'm a twenty-two-year-old girl from Poland, currently having a good life full of delicious food, books, music, hiking and cats, while feigning studying musicology. I used to play pipe organ in high school.
I love fantasy, poetry, folklore and foreign languages. I believe it makes this forum a perfect place for me.
I'm also a happy fiancée of a quite Lalli-like man, the fact that caused a tiny bit of enthusiasm as I mentioned it in the comment to the comic page.

I wish every one of you a nice part-of-day-that's-left-in-your-time-zone, and go on exploring the forum. :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:01:41 PM by Deirdre »