Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580952 times)

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2014, 09:35:54 PM »
Hello! I am NOT Dane Murgen. I am 16 years old, so I am obviously still in high school. I live in New Zealand, where high school=college and college=university. I can speak English fluently and can hold a conversation in Filipino if you let me use English words.

I've been lurking for like one month now, so I think it's high time to make myself known to the greater populace. It's only the polite thing to do.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2014, 02:17:05 AM »
Hello Not Dane Murgen :)
Can we call you Not Dane?
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2014, 04:35:35 AM »
Why not? Go for it. :D

Edit: Stupid quote removed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:51:01 AM by Dane Murgen »
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
How many people here found the comic via Imgur?

And you have been in touch with finnish equipment?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm a Norwegienne (that's not actually a word is it) who stumbled onto SSSS not long ago, through the language differences picture that went viral. I liked it so much I read it all and then read aRTD in less than one day. Now I'm doing a second binge reading to get through this (for me) first break. Because sleep is for pussies (cats sleep a lot) and people with adult lives to maintain.

Speaking of adult, I'm now 26 years of age and may actually be too old for this forum thing. I have not been active in a forum since Warren Ellis left the FreakAngels forum in 2011ish, so this is honestly a bit scary. I make my very first post here in the introductions thread because that made the most sense to me.

Welcome!  There's no such thing as "too old" for this forum -- some of us are considerably older than 26!  And I at least had never participated in a forum at all till now.  This is a very friendly place.

The owls are not what they seem, I promise...  ::)

Ooo!  Are you a "Twin Peaks" fan?!?  If so, did you hear that they're finally going to do a sequel? 

Friends and family affectionately call me a troll due to my hair, however that doesn't come off as very positive from a SSSS point of view.
So you can call me by my name, which is Oda.
Glad to see another curly-top! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »
This is a very friendly place.
I have to agree with this, this is very supporting and friendly community revolving around arts and cute things.
And then theres me...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:09:00 PM by Oskutin »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
I have to agree with this, this is very supporting and friendly community revolving around arts and cute things.
And then there's me...

You're the leaven in our loaf, Oskutin.   :)

Seriously, members are always surprising me with all the badass things they know about or can do.  For just one example, literature student OrigamiOwl, who's been sharing pictures of her fluffy kitties, spends most of her vacations doing heavy farm labor.  Then there's the biologist/self-defense expert, the Norwegian blacksmith/poet, and on and on... 
I'm sure if the apocalypse were to come, I'd be safer around any random Forum member than anyone else short of a Green Beret. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2014, 10:39:45 PM »

Seriously, members are always surprising me with all the badass things they know about or can do.  For just one example, literature student OrigamiOwl, who's been sharing pictures of her fluffy kitties, spends most of her vacations doing heavy farm labor.  Then there's the biologist/self-defense expert, the Norwegian blacksmith/poet, and on and on... 
I'm sure if the apocalypse were to come, I'd be safer around any random Forum member than anyone else short of a Green Beret.
I would be hiding in my Antarctica base nation then 8)

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »

Even if I'm just an engineer/guitarist, I've at least got a veritable army of engis and doctors nearby at any given time... not to mention the actual military presence...

If we could gather our resident Vikings and self-defense people at my school, I'm pretty sure we could wage war on America, win, and become a small nation.  Though, the notion of secession receives mixed (see also: polar opposite) replies from the people of my home...

And then theres me...
Dude, you're making a video game.  You are on the frontier of art itself!  It might not be cute, but it is artistic.
Feel free to PM.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
Even if I'm just an engineer/guitarist, I've at least got a veritable army of engis and doctors nearby at any given time... not to mention the actual military presence...

If we could gather our resident Vikings and self-defense people at my school, I'm pretty sure we could wage war on America, win, and become a small nation.  Though, the notion of secession receives mixed (see also: polar opposite) replies from the people of my home...
Dude, you're making a video game.  You are on the frontier of art itself!  It might not be cute, but it is artistic.
I didn't deny that :P

This forum seems to be attracting generally intuitive people, more artistic idealists than cold rationals though (if we go with the categories and definitions).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:02:15 PM by Oskutin »

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
I didn't deny that :P

This forum seems to be attracting generally intuitive people, more artistic idealists than cold rationals though (if we go with the categories and definitions).

Yup, that looks true! Bu now that I've read through those articles that mentioned the Bridge-Myers oersonality test, I'm wondering what is everyone's personality like (If you have taken the test at all). I took it a couple of years ago, got INFP, it looked perfect at the time, but I think I'm starting to become more of an ENFP now.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »
Yup, that looks true! Bu now that I've read through those articles that mentioned the Bridge-Myers oersonality test, I'm wondering what is everyone's personality like (If you have taken the test at all). I took it a couple of years ago, got INFP, it looked perfect at the time, but I think I'm starting to become more of an ENFP now.

I for one am an ISTJ. I went through a phase a few months ago when I was obsessed with personality tests. May still be in that phase.

((and oh, we're clogging the introduction thread with non-introductions))

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

P__

« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2014, 07:30:43 AM »
Yup, that looks true! Bu now that I've read through those articles that mentioned the Bridge-Myers oersonality test, I'm wondering what is everyone's personality like

Fore those who are interested, I'm IN, marginally T and almost even in J/P (Introvert(78%)  iNtuitive(75%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(1%)) according to the Human Metrics website's quick test
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2014, 07:51:56 AM »
now that I've read through those articles that mentioned the Bridge-Myers oersonality test, I'm wondering what is everyone's personality like

I'm INTJ, but I don't take this kind of test seriously. There are so many things affecting the outcome, most of all the fact that it's based purely on each test doers idea of themselves. It's more like a test of how you feel about yourself than what you really are like.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »
Think maybe this discussion could be continued in the general discussion thread? (I'd gladly continue this discussion; I don't want to act as the amateur forum police)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: