Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581517 times)

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2460 on: June 30, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »
Welcome welcome, hln! Hope you enjoy your stay! (I always say that, but it sounds like I'm inviting you into a hotel or something XD )
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

hln

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2461 on: July 02, 2016, 12:26:02 PM »
Thank you for the welcomes! :)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2462 on: July 03, 2016, 08:58:59 AM »
Making another one of my ridiculously infrequent sweeps through the Intro thread. So welcome Cat Hat, Smol, 60, Miriam, Marcoreos, GenericNerd, 0z79, Nanao, law_of_letters, and hln! Look upon my piper seal and... I dunno, despair? ;D

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2463 on: July 03, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
I gather on this board one's supposed to introduce oneself. I'm a farmer from upstate New York (yes, there are lots of farms in New York State.) I've been lurking on the strip and on the discus comments for a while; decided I have one or five things I want to say on the diversity thread; am not sure whether I'll get them written, but the first step would obviously be to register. So here I am.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2464 on: July 03, 2016, 09:07:02 PM »
I gather on this board one's supposed to introduce oneself. I'm a farmer from upstate New York (yes, there are lots of farms in New York State.) I've been lurking on the strip and on the discus comments for a while; decided I have one or five things I want to say on the diversity thread; am not sure whether I'll get them written, but the first step would obviously be to register. So here I am.
Welcome!
*throws confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
I'm interested to hear what you have to say.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

IKEA

« Reply #2465 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
Welcome thorny! I can verify there are indeed quite a lot of farms in upstate NY.

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #2466 on: July 04, 2016, 02:04:19 AM »
Welcome! I look forward to seeing you in the diversity thread and, hopefully, elsewhere as well!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2467 on: July 04, 2016, 02:54:41 AM »
G'day and welcome, thorny! I look forward to some interesting conversations!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2468 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:55 AM »
Welcome, thorny :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

thorny

« Reply #2469 on: July 04, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »
Thanks all! I've posted at least some of what I meant to say, and now deserve a cookie. (munches . . . mmmm. good.)

Now I'd better get back to work, way too many things to do this time of year --

ginger

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2470 on: July 04, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
Welcome welcome, thorny! I am ever so glad that you are here to add your voice, in particular to the diversity thread (where voices are always so very needed). Please find yourself at home here, if you'd like!

*hands over some small succulents*
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

thorny

« Reply #2471 on: July 04, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »
Thanks, also, ginger.

I see we have something in common -- I've also often been told I'm being too loud.

emily

• Super-Newbie
  • :^)
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2472 on: July 08, 2016, 03:47:08 PM »
~A user on another topic suggested that I introduce myself here, so I decided that I would give it a go!~

Hello everyone! My name is Emily as you can tell from my username (which I still cannot believe was available, since my name is so common), and I'm from New Jersey, USA (despite the stigma, it's actually a pretty cool place)! As for my age, I'm not sure if that's a popular thing to disclose on this site, but I'd rather not. Getting into the reason why I love SSSS today is pretty sad. I had this Internet friend from France (his name was Rosaire) and he was simply one of the kindest people I ever came across. He loved webcomics, and SSSS was one of his favorites. He disappeared one day, and judging by his last post, I'm going to assume that he...erm, how do I put it without seeming insensitive?..."has gone to a better place." I miss him every day. Anyways, I wanted to better understand the things that he enjoyed, so I started reading SSSS and ended up falling in love!

I think I've probably included a lot more information than necessary, but anyways -- here I am! Expect to see more posts from me sometime soon~

I apologize for the copious amount of effects I've used; I just wanna try them out. :P
Native/completely fluent: :usa:
Learning in school: :france:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
« Reply #2473 on: July 08, 2016, 03:52:53 PM »
Welcome, emily!
*throws confetti* \o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #2474 on: July 08, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Emily! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  :( That must be very hard for you. But I am very glad that you are here with us today! So, once again, welcome welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Also, I had no idea this was a thing! How neat!