Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581056 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2265 on: April 22, 2016, 07:13:41 AM »
I'm afraid not, that's how I got my nickname! Ha!

Good to see the old traditions are being maintained! ;D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2266 on: April 22, 2016, 08:41:57 AM »
Welcome Seventy by Heart!  Glad to see I'm not the only person still on LJ/DW!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2267 on: April 22, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum Seventy by Heart! I recognize your name from Tumblr (I'm worldsentwined over there).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Seventy by Heart

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2268 on: April 23, 2016, 06:53:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum Seventy by Heart! I recognize your name from Tumblr (I'm worldsentwined over there).

Awesome! I found you through Elleth, when I was on a mad must-find-more-SSSS-people run around Tumblr. :D

Seventy by Heart

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2269 on: April 23, 2016, 06:54:46 AM »
Screeee, you're here. :D And you have come to a really, really good place, this forum is wonderful!

YAY. :D Iz excite. Trying not to go too far down the rabbit-hole yet. Let's see how long that lasts.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2270 on: April 23, 2016, 08:47:21 AM »
YAY. :D Iz excite. Trying not to go too far down the rabbit-hole yet. Let's see how long that lasts.

By "rabbit-hole" you mean "Sigrunvoid"? Don't even bother trying to fight it, my friend. And welcome.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Restrepo

• Super-Newbie
  • Enjoying the fruits of civilization.
« Reply #2271 on: April 24, 2016, 04:20:49 AM »
Heyo. Found SSSS via a post on Imgur. It's pretty cool, mostly impressed by the trigger discipline displayed by the characters.

Other than that, I live in the US, southern California to be specific. I like LOVE ancient history and warfare. Romans and Hellenistic warfare is my jam, I've just finished reading a book on the Seleucid Army. I've backtracked to the death of Alexander and the bitter struggle for his empire. Also planning to join the US Army, go infantry, complete jump school and hopefully get into the 173rd airborne division. Not really anything else that's too notable about me, so... Fin?

Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots. - Wilfred Owens, Dulce et Decorum est

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2272 on: April 24, 2016, 10:22:37 AM »
Welcome, Restrepo! History and military enthusiast - you should fit right in around here! Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2273 on: April 24, 2016, 11:35:30 AM »
Welcome Restrepo :) A cookie before speaking about History ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2274 on: April 24, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »
Welcome Restrepo! My seal will play for you the martial anthem of ancient Rome!

*Toot-Toot*

That was terrible seal.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #2275 on: April 24, 2016, 11:29:43 PM »
Heyo. Found SSSS via a post on Imgur. It's pretty cool, mostly impressed by the trigger discipline displayed by the characters.

Other than that, I live in the US, southern California to be specific. I like LOVE ancient history and warfare. Romans and Hellenistic warfare is my jam, I've just finished reading a book on the Seleucid Army. I've backtracked to the death of Alexander and the bitter struggle for his empire. Also planning to join the US Army, go infantry, complete jump school and hopefully get into the 173rd airborne division. Not really anything else that's too notable about me, so... Fin?

Go Airborne! Best of luck to you- jump school is not an easy task to complete. I too am a history buff, though only when it has to do with aviation... How come there's no degree for that? Anyway, welcome to the forum!
(And yes, the SSSS crew has pretty good trigger discipline. Though Emil could work on aiming before he shoots.)
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Restrepo

• Super-Newbie
  • Enjoying the fruits of civilization.
« Reply #2276 on: April 24, 2016, 11:59:36 PM »
To all - thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community a little more, I suppose it's a mere matter of waiting for the right time.

Welcome Restrepo :) A cookie before speaking about History ? :squirrelcookie:

I'm on a diet no thanks... Just kidding, I actually need to gain weight. Therefore, thanks for the much needed calories.

Welcome Restrepo! My seal will play for you the martial anthem of ancient Rome!

*Toot-Toot*

That was terrible seal.

That still seals the deal though. And music is music, no?

Welcome, Restrepo! History and military enthusiast - you should fit right in around here! Welcome!

Hopefully I'll be able to get involved in the community a little more. Thinking of starting a thread about the role of the military during the pandemic, but I dunno.

Go Airborne! Best of luck to you- jump school is not an easy task to complete. I too am a history buff, though only when it has to do with aviation... How come there's no degree for that? Anyway, welcome to the forum!
(And yes, the SSSS crew has pretty good trigger discipline. Though Emil could work on aiming before he shoots.)

My brother (just got of the army three weeks ago) said that it wasn't too hard. Then again, he was a very good soldier, guess I'll see if I'm better than him. And you could always make a degree for your flying stuff! not sure if that's possible or even legal

Yeah, I think it would be a better option for Emil to be forced to use semi-automatic, maybe that way he'll actually aim rather than spray 'n' pray all willy nill with his rooty tooty point and shoot. As a side note, why do they just take out their knives? Logically a bayonet would be superior in most circumstances. Spear and club all in one. Although humans, no matter their training, have a nasty tendency to use everything like a club when they become panicked. Allegedly, even the most well trained soldiers will revert to chopping with a sword even if he's been trained to stab with it. I think during the Civil War soldiers tended to club with their rifles rather than bayonet.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots. - Wilfred Owens, Dulce et Decorum est

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2277 on: April 25, 2016, 08:40:33 AM »
To all - thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community a little more, I suppose it's a mere matter of waiting for the right time.

Hopefully I'll be able to get involved in the community a little more. Thinking of starting a thread about the role of the military during the pandemic, but I dunno.

Yeah, I think it would be a better option for Emil to be forced to use semi-automatic, maybe that way he'll actually aim rather than spray 'n' pray all willy nill with his rooty tooty point and shoot. As a side note, why do they just take out their knives? Logically a bayonet would be superior in most circumstances. Spear and club all in one. Although humans, no matter their training, have a nasty tendency to use everything like a club when they become panicked. Allegedly, even the most well trained soldiers will revert to chopping with a sword even if he's been trained to stab with it. I think during the Civil War soldiers tended to club with their rifles rather than bayonet.

Think there's a few threads there in the SSSS Board. Might have to dig a bit for them.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2278 on: April 25, 2016, 08:45:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum Restrepo!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Tikadurmi

• Preferred pronouns: she, hän
« Reply #2279 on: April 28, 2016, 01:40:43 PM »
Hello, I'm Tikadurmi, a 34-years old Finnish native living in Helsinki. When I'm not reading SSSS, I work as a biomedical laboratory technologist. Because life is not busy enough with full-time work and two small children, I also study Biology at university. Burn-out here I come! SSSS is my way of relieving stress: Sigrun's team is in a worse mess than I am.
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :finland:   Fluent: :uk:   Butchering:  :germany: :sweden:   Learning: :china:   A few words:  :japan: