Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 32761 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2022, 02:57:17 PM »
Hey there.  :)

I´m glad the prompt of the week event is there, it sounds very fun (though I haven´t really gotten around to taking a look at it. :-[ )

But now that September´s a bit over halfway over, I wanted to ask about YoinkTober again. Please redirect me if it´s already being discussed in another thread, I don´t really remember where we did that the last years, so I´ll ask here for now? Since this one is kind of the general events organization thread at this point...
But in case no discussion is already going on, I wanted to maybe get the ideas-ball rolling for the prompts this year.

I don´t know if there´s something really obvious as a general theme that would fit perfectly since I wasn´t around that much recently, but here are some thoughts I had:

- I´ve really enjoyed the spooky prompts (like monster-prompts and stuff) we had every now and then. Plus they are in the spirit of Halloween. But I do think that the variety is what made it. So maybe we could alternate between face-value-spooky/sad/etc. promts and face-value-fluffy/happy/etc. prompts. I say face value, because we can still make whatever we want out of those prompts and interpret them completely different. Topic could be called "trick or treat" :P Perhaps that might be a bit too cliché though... :V
- Some/all prompts could also be themed around tarot-cards, maybe? (If there´s enough tarot-cards I don´t know actually?) I remember prompts in past events relating to tarot-cards always got some incredible pieces. Plus I for some reason had a lot of drawing-ideas surrounding tarot-cards recently. :'D
I could still get away with these ideas with different prompts of course, so there´s absolutely no pressure to include tarot itself. If art-school´s taught me one thing then how to most efficiently sell my whims and bs as absolutely the assignment I was supposed to do. ;)

What do you think? ^^' Of course I want to hear other ideas too, I´m just trying to get the discussion started!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 11:46:39 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2022, 01:54:43 AM »
Heya! This is something actually that a couple of us admins/mods have been discussing and considering asking the forum generally - whether or not there's interest this year in doing YoinkTober. If enough folks would want to participate, we'd be happy to come up with prompts and run the event.

Since you've already raised it here, this is as good a time as any to see if people are eager, and it sounds like you've got some neat prompt ideas. I'll leave it for people who are more involved in this stuff than I to continue!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2022, 07:53:14 AM »
- Some/all prompts could also be themed around tarot-cards, maybe? (If there´s enough tarot-cards I don´t know actually?)
A traditional tarot deck has 78 cards, so that'd essentially turn into YoinkWriVent. ;)
(Just the Major Arcana would fit better, and probably be less repetitive than working through the Minor Arcana as well, though.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2022, 04:04:00 AM »
I have been thinking about YoinkTober prompts in the background and could have a set ready to go, but the Tarot idea intrigues me too.  And, while I agree that 78 cards is too many for this purpose, confining to the Major Arcana is a bit too general and high-level for my taste - I like to mix it up with the intriguing detail you can get across the whole deck. 

You know what, Mirasol, I gots me a brain-wave (no pun intended).  See you in YoinkTober...
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2022, 12:01:43 PM »
Oh wow haha I´m honored to have inspired the finalized list of prompts. ^^'
I hope you didn´t have to give up on any prompt-ideas you were really excited about for its sake though, wave. :-\

I´ll be looking foreward to the start of October! :))
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: