Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424314 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2145 on: December 05, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »
I have to read stuff because I'm doing an English major...where, y'know, you read stuff ;P

Half my exams were during class time and the study week ;__; those quiet hour things sound like a good idea.
Heh, I'm the same X'D so many shades of brown..
I've had kids tell me my hair was green-brown or black, the hair dresser says ash blonde, friends say mousy brown, and my family just say it's brown....it can't choose a colour :P
Aw, at least there's just two! But why are they so spread out? Is that a usual thing? ???

Thats usual at end of the year and before summer. Often during those times 2-3 weeks are reserved for exams and intensive courses.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2146 on: December 05, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »
I do love the Met. (I don't love that I have to pay to get in, though.)
Oof, the essay's on Hamlet. I was half-asleep the whole time I read Hamlet. Might have to binge on Sparknotes.

Huh, I had to write an essay on Hamlet about a month ago. (And honestly, I think I also slept through most of the actual reading part.) It was... interesting. I ended up comparing Hamlet's mental state to that of a toddler's.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2147 on: December 05, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
I should really start going to bed a lot earlier, it's 7am here and I haven't sleeped at all during the night.
And i'm not even tired...

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #2148 on: December 06, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
I have to read stuff because I'm doing an English major...where, y'know, you read stuff ;P

Do you like it? Please, say that you do :) I was dreaming about studying language/literature in the university, but after months of thinking, hesitating and persuading myself I gave up my dream and took up law. It has its own advantages, of course, but totally not my thing.

I should really start going to bed a lot earlier, it's 7am here and I haven't sleeped at all during the night.
And i'm not even tired...

And my mother says that I'm the only freak in the world who does this. Heh, at least now I know she's wrong...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:41:30 PM by curiosity »
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2149 on: December 06, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »
Welp. Finally done with all my Important Things (except "getting a proper amount of rest"). Time to spend the rest of day cutting and folding paper.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2150 on: December 06, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »
Welp. Finally done with all my Important Things (except "getting a proper amount of rest"). Time to spend the rest of day cutting and folding paper.

I'm having a break as well and then go on though its more cutting and laminating.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2151 on: December 06, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
We're gonna put people on Mars one daaaaaay!  :)
Orion Test Flight

*Giddiness intensifies*
Feel free to PM.

curiosity

• Scout
« Reply #2152 on: December 06, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

Let's all just hope it won't go according Bradbury's scenario...
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2153 on: December 06, 2014, 04:46:17 PM »
Orion Test Flight

*Giddiness intensifies*
And moon!

We'll need that precious Helium-3!

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2154 on: December 06, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »

And my mother says that I'm the only freak in the world who does this. Heh, at least now I know she's wrong...

Are you even 'worse' than me?
I's already 6am here, and you'll propably live one or two timezones easter than me?
So it's like 7am or 8am there and you're online. :V

curiosity

• Scout
« Reply #2155 on: December 06, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
Are you even 'worse' than me?
I's already 6am here, and you'll propably live one or two timezones easter than me?
So it's like 7am or 8am there and you're online. :V

No, we're in the same time zone. And yes, it's almost 6 AM, and I really should try to normalize my schedule before January. But I keep on failing.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2156 on: December 06, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
No, we're in the same time zone. And yes, it's almost 6 AM, and I really should try to normalize my schedule before January. But I keep on failing.

School?

And by delaying the bed time until it goes around?

curiosity

• Scout
« Reply #2157 on: December 06, 2014, 11:10:03 PM »
School?

And by delaying the bed time until it goes around?

Yeah, hope I'll be studying full time again, so gotta prepare myself. I've thought about delaying, and it seems like a perfect plan, but sadly that wouldn't fit with my chores, my family needs me awake during the day.

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #2158 on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »
Edit: and I've also got to fill out a whole load of forms from the hospital-dentist-folk because the local dentist was incorrect in telling me I'd only need 2 wisdom teeth out with local anesthetic: the city dentist said I need all 4 out, in hospital, with general anesthetic which is ALL MY FEARS AND NIGHTMARES ROLLED INTO ONE. Man, I can't even think about it for too long or I'll start crying X'0 ugh I'm so lame

Awwww! *cuddles you all up* Don't be afraid of general anesthetic, bb, honestly. When I had my surgery a couple years back everyone told me horror stories about it, but in fact? It was lovely. I was getting rolled in to the OR, then suddenly I was waking up warm (they piled heated blankets on me to counteract the IV) and drowsy and happy as all get out.

Wisdom teeth though! I had all four of mine out a few months ago, and they only used local anesthetic and some laughing gas. I was massively impressed with my dentist. They got the gas dosage just right so I wasn't nervous but wasn't giddy either, and he got the teeth out so gently that I felt close to normal after like two days (and started whining at my husband to let me eat solid food already). The worst symptom was just that I couldn't open my mouth all the way for a few weeks without my jaw cracking loudly and somewhat painfully. Went away on its own after a while.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2159 on: December 07, 2014, 11:32:23 PM »
Is the forum currently laggy for you too?