Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424319 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16590 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »
So, what did everyone do during the great forum outage of 2016?  :))

(Apart from spam F5 on a different site for once)
Cook, eat, answer to messages, look for a job... Okay, I've also tried very hard no to abandon that in order to read or knit ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #16591 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »
There was a power outage?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #16592 on: October 20, 2016, 09:12:11 AM »
Purple Wyrm
F5, F5, F5, twitter, yoi memes, twitter, F5, F5, F5, whining in twitter, tea!, F5, watched Shaeiira's stream, fanfiction mmm nice, F5, F5, F5...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:12:47 PM by heiteru »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16593 on: October 20, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »

Watched Shaeiira's stream, contemplated fic... stuff and things. : D
Rather glad that it was not out for longer though.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #16594 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »

Spend around half an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone since it wouldn't show me the forum, didn't realised that it was a server problem until I looked at the comment section on today's page.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16595 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »

Find out the forum is down, Elite Dangerous, sleep, job hunting, start drawing up plans to build a functional sidewinder, upgrade those plans to a Lakon Diamondback Scout, price out steel, titanium and a few other materials, play more elite dangerous, realize I don't have a way to source hydrogen fuel or a functional engine design yet and put the ship project on hold for now, F5 the forums a bit.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #16596 on: October 20, 2016, 04:21:51 PM »

Mostly on Shaeiira's stream and then my internet died for a while in the middle of the stream.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16597 on: October 20, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »

The same thing I do every day, Pinky. Try to take over the world.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #16598 on: October 20, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »

The forum went down?! I didn't even notice. Blame all the homework I've been getting lately. *throws graphs everwhere*
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #16599 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »
The forum went down?! I didn't even notice. Blame all the homework I've been getting lately. *throws graphs everwhere*
and, maybe, time zone  :))
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16600 on: October 20, 2016, 11:29:42 PM »
I've been alternating between gardening (the weeds are taking over the worrrrld!!), market prep (I have a big order for flowers for this Saturday), trying to comfort a couple of friends who are freaking out about the American election, which they expect to be the start of a new Great Depression and /or Civil War, whatever the official outcome), working on a couple of articles that are due soon, and checking if the Forum and today's page are up whenever I stop to rest. Wonder what the weekend cliffhanger will be?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #16601 on: October 21, 2016, 12:18:01 AM »
So, what did everyone do during the great forum outage of 2016?

Weed the kale and the turnips.

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #16602 on: October 21, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »
I've been alternating between gardening (the weeds are taking over the worrrrld!!), market prep (I have a big order for flowers for this Saturday), trying to comfort a couple of friends who are freaking out about the American election, which they expect to be the start of a new Great Depression and /or Civil War, whatever the official outcome), working on a couple of articles that are due soon, and checking if the Forum and today's page are up whenever I stop to rest. Wonder what the weekend cliffhanger will be?

Ugh, the November elections. This is the very first time I've ever voted and it has to be a toss-up between a sensible person and something that looks like the boss monster at the end of a surrealist game. Watched the debate last night on Youtube, and gods above, Trump cannot string together a sentence. And when he started in on how Latinos have no education my (Puerto Rican) father thought it appropriate to fetch his framed PhD and dance in front of the TV with it.
Needless to say if Trump is elected I'm going to eat my passport
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16603 on: October 21, 2016, 12:39:49 AM »
Ugh, the November elections. This is the very first time I've ever voted and it has to be a toss-up between a sensible person and something that looks like the boss monster at the end of a surrealist game. Watched the debate last night on Youtube, and gods above, Trump cannot string together a sentence. And when he started in on how Latinos have no education my (Puerto Rican) father thought it appropriate to fetch his framed PhD and dance in front of the TV with it.

Spoiler: Rant contained within • show

Both are bad... but honestly a sensible person would not give out classified information (nuclear response time) on live TV, or get stuff like DC V. Heller that damn wrong (it wasn't a law stating you had to properly store firearms, the case was over a total ban on a class of firearms inside DC that were and still are in common use across the country, I'd also like to point out that after the ban was repealed gun crime in DC actually dropped), nor would a sensible person claim the Russian government is behind the recent data breaches, when even the best intel agencies in the US don't have definitive proof as to whether that is the case (unless I missed a recent press release, and I don't discount that I might have today was kinda weird).

Regardless both candidates are flaming tyre fires, Trump at least has a possibility of it being contained (dems won't work with him and republicans will be fractured and enough against him, and if he tries any kind of weird executive orders he'd likely get taken down by DOJ), Hillary however would most likely get turned on by the media and the US intel assets within... my estimate would be by march or so and potentially chased out of office and impeached. The NSA doesn't like her, the FBI is basically in open revolt against Director Comey and no one at the CIA trusts her to not have some kind of damning blackmail piece being held against her considering what has and hasn't been recovered from her private email server and cell phones.

Oddly enough this year comes down to the Veeps for me, and I'm leaning towards Pence... Though to be fair I'd take Joe Biden or even Bernie at this point.

Regardless, vote however you feel is appropriate based off an objective analysis of as many facts as one can collect. The fact that you're voting and concerned by the outcome is all that ultimately matters in my book.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16604 on: October 21, 2016, 12:46:56 AM »
And when he started in on how Latinos have no education my (Puerto Rican) father thought it appropriate to fetch his framed PhD and dance in front of the TV with it.

...thank you, those images just got me through another day of Election Dread. ;D

I'm just thanking my stars I'll be out of the country before it goes up in flames.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: