Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424530 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16260 on: August 26, 2016, 02:41:01 AM »
Yes! And when the elves leave middle earth to go back to Valinor that's them waking up from the matrix? But if they're the machines that wouldn't work... Hmm :?

The Elves have to be machines. Or maybe they're a faction of humans who sided with the machines and voluntarily entered the Matrix in exchange for upgrades (ie: being Elves rather than humans).

In that case Valinor is like the Mods' private hangout. The machines don't entirely trust the Elves so plugged them in at the other side of the Matrix, and they have to prove their loyalty by walking (and sailing) all the way across.

Elrond is a program, but disguises himself as an Elf lord in the same way Smith disguises himself as some kind of Government Agent.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16261 on: August 26, 2016, 09:51:54 AM »

Here's some headcanon for you then.

LOTR was an earlier version of the matrix, that versions "one" was Sauron and all we saw was from the perspective of the machines.

OK, that's pretty awesome.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16262 on: August 26, 2016, 06:58:25 PM »
I am 100% on board with this theory. Now I'm wondering what else I can fit with the Matrix to make some conspiracy theory about other "ones".
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16263 on: August 28, 2016, 11:39:11 PM »
I am 100% on board with this theory. Now I'm wondering what else I can fit with the Matrix to make some conspiracy theory about other "ones".

In V for Vendetta rebel humans have become aware of and taken over portions of the world inside the matrix, notably england in particular. V is one of the last programs still operating and takes the place of the one and bring about the need for the next reset after the programs settle the civil war in north america.

In the transformers franchise not only is he hunting the one (shia lebouf) but he's having to deal with renegade programs as well.

In captain america the programs get involved in the form of hydra, hitler may or may not have been a turncoat human like cifer and as a result the program known as red skull gets his ass kicked but the one winds up on ice so the programs think all is well till the rebel humans known as shield this go around find the one and wake him up.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #16264 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:11 AM »
i'm on the brink of leaving norway for my canada adventure, i'm no stranger to travel but good gods i'm going to go further than i have ever gone before, for longer than i've ever been (even if it's 'just' four months), and i'm not going to know anyone (though i expect i'll meet some friends during my time there). i've been so nervous i've woken up at 8 o clock every morning for the past week
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #16265 on: August 29, 2016, 05:27:38 AM »
i'm on the brink of leaving norway for my canada adventure, i'm no stranger to travel but good gods i'm going to go further than i have ever gone before, for longer than i've ever been (even if it's 'just' four months), and i'm not going to know anyone (though i expect i'll meet some friends during my time there). i've been so nervous i've woken up at 8 o clock every morning for the past week
Hugs ? Chocolate ? Tea ?
It will be such an adventure, Haiz ! My previous me wouldn't have been ready to do that, but today I see that kind of opportunities as great ! You'll discover a new country, meet new persons, and will learn new things, not only in your studies but on yourself too I'm sure :) Enjoy !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16266 on: August 29, 2016, 07:30:48 AM »

Good luck with the flight, it'll be a doozy. ;V

Everything's going to be just fine. (Not juuuust fiiiiiine, just... just fine.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #16267 on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:21 AM »
Good luck with the flight, it'll be a doozy. ;V

Norway to Canada? That's just a puddle jump!  :)

You'll have a great time Haiz, and we'll all be here when you come back!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #16268 on: August 29, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
Who said "I might help" for a jujutsu demonstration "but I can't be there for the second obligatory training" before discovering her sensei considers that she'll have all in mind with only two hours instead of four when she hasn't been on a tatami since the middle of June ? *Nervous smile*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16269 on: August 29, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »

Have a fabulous trip, Haiz!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #16270 on: August 29, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
Good luck for the first part of your Canada adventure, Haiz!
And good luck to you too, Mélu - once you're on the tatami again, everything will come back and the demonstration will be okay, I hope! (And if it is a demonstration for non-Jujutsu experts, they won't notice small mistakes anyway.  ;) )
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #16271 on: August 29, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

Solokov

« Reply #16272 on: August 30, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »

Had to swap back to my old phone because the new phone was only getting about 10 hours max in airplane mode.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #16273 on: August 30, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »

May we ask where in Canada you'll be staying/living while over here?
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Solokov

« Reply #16274 on: August 30, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
*shakes off water like a dog*

Wooooo! River recon for weeds today. Also the first time I've ever done whitewater rafting.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,