Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424821 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14115 on: February 23, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
Hmm...

Hi, everyone?

It's been two months I think, since the last time I posted here. I've been to summer camp and back, but somehow the grey monster of laziness took me as their prisoner, and I've not been feeling up for anything these last few weeks (especially jumping back on this full speed train that is the forum). I'm sorry for that D:

Camp was awesome! I had a lot of fun, worked a lot, got super tired but super happy, met a lot of new people, made some friends, talked about God, came back home feeling like I could do anything... Aaaaand then got sad because camp was over and forgot to be more disciplined with my time, and here I am again, fighting against procrastination. *sigh*

Hopefully, I'll get a job soon, so I can make myself get out of my comfort zone and get some money to buy things and stuff. :)

I miss you all! How are you doing, people?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #14116 on: February 23, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »
Welcome back, Daéa :) You've been missed here, for sure !
*Pats pats for the procrastination subject and crosses her finger for a job*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14117 on: February 23, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »
Welcome back Daéa!
Nice to hear you had a good time :)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14118 on: February 23, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »
Daéa it's good to have you back < 3 I'm glad you had a good time. Good luck with the job and so on. < 3

Nothing new here, just people flailing at updates as usual. ; D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14119 on: February 23, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »
Hmm...

Hi, everyone?

Daéa!! I was wondering when you'd be back :)
Nothing really new with me; still sleepy and procrastinating as usual ::) Though I've kinda devolved into a lurker recently...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #14120 on: February 23, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »
Hi Daéa! Welcome back! I've missed you and your arts.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #14121 on: February 23, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »
Daea, it will be good to have you back! Forum is still chaotic and delightful, story is scary. We're having fun!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14122 on: February 23, 2016, 10:34:16 PM »
Welcome back, Daéa!

New car here, the Forum is lovely and freewheeling, and you have a lot of SSSS to catch up on.  It's gone rather dark, just as an FYI, but it's all kinds of awesome!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #14123 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »
Right, I need a new laptop. I've been needing one for a while but now the arrow keys are so busted I can't delay it any longer; the left arrow gave up the ghost entirely and the up and right arrows have snapped off a few times already. Problem is that I know close to nothing about laptops, the last one was bought five years ago and when I try looking up what might work I don't understand half the deets and trying to compare laptops makes me so confused I almost fall off the chair. This chair is tall so that would hurt. ANYWAY, I'd love some recommendations if you've a laptop that's ok-ish for amateur level digital arting, hopefully with keys that can take a few fighting rounds in Undertale (or enough USB ports so I can spare one for a proper keyboard)...

Hmm, I'll jump in here. I'd go with Dell or Lenovo. Although some people swear by Toshiba. HP tends to add to much junk, bloat-ware, to the OS. Asus, well I've used their mthbds for desk tops but no experience with their laptops. As has been mentioned a USB hub or a kbd that has a hub will take care of the kbd issue. Although if you really wail on it then maybe a gamester's style mouse-mini-kbd-combo might be the way to go. If you got one that's programmable you could have one set up for Undertale, another for your drawing program, etc.  As also has been mentioned if your current laptop is Ok in other regards and is a fairly well know brand a small local repair shop should be able to get you a new(er) kbd for it for not too much money. A repair station at a big store will charge an arm and a leg for this kind of stuff. Good luck.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14124 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:00 AM »
Asus, well I've used their mthbds for desk tops but no experience with their laptops.
In my experience Asus laptops break just after the warranty expires, every flipping time. And I guess I might be one of those people who swear by Toshiba, as my current laptop is one of theirs and I've put it through hell lately - dropped it, duct taped it together, run incredibly taxing calculations and computer games on it - and it still just seems to be eyeballing me and going "Is that all you've got, human?"
That's all I've got in the way of useful advice for buying a new laptop... ::)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #14125 on: February 24, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
Hmm...

Hi, everyone?

It's been two months I think, since the last time I posted here. I've been to summer camp and back, but somehow the grey monster of laziness took me as their prisoner, and I've not been feeling up for anything these last few weeks (especially jumping back on this full speed train that is the forum). I'm sorry for that D:

Camp was awesome! I had a lot of fun, worked a lot, got super tired but super happy, met a lot of new people, made some friends, talked about God, came back home feeling like I could do anything... Aaaaand then got sad because camp was over and forgot to be more disciplined with my time, and here I am again, fighting against procrastination. *sigh*

Hopefully, I'll get a job soon, so I can make myself get out of my comfort zone and get some money to buy things and stuff. :)

I miss you all! How are you doing, people?
Daéa!!!!!! Welcome back :D It's great to hear that you had so much fun at camp and of course it's natural to have a bit of a slump after such a great experience. I'm sure you'll find yourself winning against the procrastination beast in due time however  ^-^ (and getting a job and monies, those can be nice things to have :3 )

Well, you've missed two months of the usual shenanigans, but it's easy enough to jump back in ^_^ Ooooh, and dood leordie got a bit of a re emergence in that time if you'd like to join again.

Anyhoo, nice to have you back  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #14126 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:29 AM »
Hmm...

Hi, everyone?

Welcome back! :D The forum is the same/different as always. And good luck with the job hunt!

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #14127 on: February 24, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »
orchestra concert tonight, im not getting home until around 8ish pm  :-\.  went to the social security office this morning w my mom, so i got to skip 1st period  ;).  i have to make up an essay on friday tho.  aced a math test  :), failed a math test  :(, took a math test  ???. im tired. i wish i could draw hands. i wish i could draw. (excessive emojis bc im not sure how express my feelings)  8)
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

IKEA

« Reply #14128 on: February 24, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
Sorry about the math test, hopefully you did better on this one. What instrument do you play?

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #14129 on: February 24, 2016, 04:15:56 PM »
Sorry about the math test, hopefully you did better on this one. What instrument do you play?

violin  8)
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)